@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Don't you see the slippery slope you're traveling down?

Where is the line in the sand drawn? Why are you defending a society in which it is perfectly normal for people, completely out of desperation and lack of any economic resources, to debase themselves and sell themselves (or be sold) to someone else, their master? Even if they had their basic provided for, would you consent to such an arrangement if you were in charge of today's society? No freedom to make a life for themselves, to have personal dignity, to make their own mark on the world? They could be beaten regularly as long as it didn't kill them, but that's okay because they're more like a "butler" than a "slave"? Their lives are bound to a master simply because they did not have economic or social advantages that others had. So this is okay with you?

And please spare me the "it was okay for them" horse shyt. Every atrocity in human history was "okay" for the perpetrators of it. Moral relativism is for college freshmen who think it's the "tolerant" thing to say
don't confuse any part of liberalism or associated ideology with moral relativism :whoa: :whoa: moral relativism is absolute garbage.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Agreed, those are Communistic Oligarchy's

I think Communism could happen one day, but not in our lifetime.

It would take a serious resource scarcity or outside life being discovered in all honesty.
1. China is state capitalism.
2. It would take the opposite, post scarcity.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Modern Western marriage is beyond the opposite of slavery for women, that shyt is a come up...:mjcry:

#GMB
:camby:
Capitalism with "reasonable" controls is good. Get off Marx's dikk. It's unbecoming.
The fact that you think any non-capitalism system must be purely marxist shows your depth on this topic. It's like me telling you to get off Hayek's dikk :mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
31 The Lord said to me, “See, I have begun to deliver Sihon and his country over to you. Now begin to conquer and possess his land.”

32 When Sihon and all his army came out to meet us in battle at Jahaz, 33 the Lord our God deliveredhim over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. 34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed[c] them—men, women and children. We left no survivors.

:patrice: Genocide was the first and only option? You couldn't find another way around?

this is the same 'god' that murdered every firstborn son in egypt. i guess he loved all his children but those ones :mjlol:

@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited did god really murder every firstborn son in egypt?

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@Napoleon just stay talking about religion, drake or medicine. You are such a piece of shyt on everything else :mjlol:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
1. China is state capitalism.
2. It would take the opposite, post scarcity.

Your wrong, at least partially

Their economic system is capitalist when dealing with foreign enitities and certaun industries dealing with majority foreign imports and exports but their political system is communist and most of their domestice economic sector is communist.

They are in a transition period

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Another instance of the bible proving itself to be a self sufficient system of reinforcing the slave mentality. You don't even have to do shyt.. just let the blind followers cape for their masters :wow:

So apparently slaves in ancient times were treated like family huh? Like Master Wayne treats Alfred huh? They had days off and paid holidays and benefits huh?:mjlol:

Any god of any religion that condones or condoned slavery in any form, is a malevolent powerless c*nt. I still can't understand how black people pray to a god that actively imprisoned them for centuries.

It was actually a ploy by white slave masters to get their slaves hooked on religion.

Its debilitating and it takes away the power from the individual through the individuals own willingness to give it up

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
LOL, that's part of a PARABLE based on existing ROMAN laws!!!!

:laff::laff::laff:
Breh, are you SERIOUS? Let's review in more context.

Luke said:
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them.? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
35 “Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36 like servants waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. 37 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. Truly I tell you, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the middle of the night or toward daybreak. 39 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40 You also must be ready because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”

41 Peter asked, “Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?”

42 The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, ‘My master is taking a long time in coming,’ and he then begins to beat the other servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Breh, it may be a "parable" as you say, but look what he's telling them. Look at verse 40, in particular. "You must also be ready because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Even if this is couched within a parable, it's also a WARNING. He is warning his disciples that they need to be on their best behavior at all times because they will never know when he is gonna show up and be able to see what they're doing.

Then the fun part. Jesus goes into a parable about slaves. Read closely. What message is this parable meant to portray? Who is being compared to who? "The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers."

If you read this entire chapter in context, then you realize that Jesus is comparing himself to a slave master! The message of this chapter is essentially "Don't get out of line because you never know when I'm gonna be watching, just like slaves who try to screw around behind their masters' backs and end up cut to pieces and beaten"

So what if it is a parable? Parables don't refer to "fake" things. He used the example of the slave master because it was so common and easy to understand, that his disciples could easily relate to it. Why not point to something else if you wanted to illustrate a point? The fact that it is a parable SUPPORTS the idea that this was going on; it does NOT refute it. And the fact that Jesus compares HIMSELF to the slave master shows that he himself doesn't even condemn the idea of the master owning and beating slaves, so of course the Bible author certainly doesn't either.

What you got now, Patches O'Houlihan?

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
It was actually a ploy by white slave masters to get their slaves hooked on religion.

Its debilitating and it takes away the power from the individual through the individuals own willingness to give it up
Exactly. The book is merely a vessel - the readers are caught in a willing vicious cycle :wow:
few if any other experiments, movements, governments or institutions have reached this pinnacle :wow: