@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
GetInTheTruck said:
I definitely agree with that.

You'd also have to agree that the premise of this thread is retarded.

Why is an anti-theist atheist asking for a moral judgment when he can't account for his morality without using the very thing he believes to be false?

:wtf:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited getting worked in here I see.

For the record I think you are a knowledgeable guy but this isn't an argument you were ever gonna win, you should have left it alone. I myself used to defend the slavery in the Bible and islamic tradition, but not anymore. Those semetic religions are barbaric and designed for barbarians. High thinking individuals need not apply.

Are you not Muslim anymore?

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not anymore, aside from the monotheism I can't get down with what muslims are about. This has been a gradual shift in thinking since 2010 or so.

Interesting. What made you shift your belief? And do you consider yourself closer to some other religion now or did you abandon religion completely?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Won Won said:
The important part is that you've found a way to feel superior to theists and atheists alike

That would be inaccurate.........like most of the criticisms in this thread.

I just feel superior to the T/S because he's a hypocrite and a liar.​

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Interesting. What made you shift your belief? And do you consider yourself closer to some other religion now or did you abandon religion completely?

A combination of things. Ever since I was young I was always interested in spiritual matters even though I was far away from living a spritual life. As you know I come from an Indian family but my family situation was always shaky so I never really got to explore my own tradition like that. One segment of my fam are ardent devotees of sathya sai baba and since I never liked the whole god men thing it put me off even more....I kind of separated myself from all that and was influenced by shyt the people around me were into like 5%er doctrine, etc; which eventually led me to Islam.... Islam kept me in check at the time which I really needed, tbh.

In 2010 I went to India after a long time and one of my uncles gave me a whole bunch of books on Vedanta that belonged to my grandfather... I started to realize that Vedanta encompasses all beliefs and spiritual practices, monotheism included. The philosophies were much more fulfilling and satisfying. This coupled with my disillusion of the way Muslims behave worldwide helped to cause the shift.

As of now I don't identify with any religion, really, but I do have a spiritual outlook that I'm gonna try to build on moving forward. I was actually gonna make a thread about this but decided not to since the maturity level of the coli is sorely lacking these days.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
A combination of things. Ever since I was young I was always interested in spiritual matters even though I was far away from living a spritual life. As you know I come from an Indian family but my family situation was always shaky so I never really got to explore my own tradition like that. One segment of my fam are ardent devotees of sathya sai baba and since I never liked the whole god men thing it put me off even more....I kind of separated myself from all that and was influenced by shyt the people around me were into like 5%er doctrine, etc; which eventually led me to Islam.... Islam kept me in check at the time which I really needed, tbh.

In 2010 I went to India after a long time and one of my uncles gave me a whole bunch of books on Vedanta that belonged to my grandfather... I started to realize that Vedanta encompasses all beliefs and spiritual practices, monotheism included. The philosophies were much more fulfilling and satisfying. This coupled with my disillusion of the way Muslims behave worldwide helped to cause the shift.

As of now I don't identify with any religion, really, but I do have a spiritual outlook that I'm gonna try to build on moving forward. I was actually gonna make a thread about this but decided not to since the maturity level of the coli is sorely lacking these days.

I guess I never noticed. But respect either way. Following your own path intellectually is one of the most important things anyone should do, imo. Plus it sounds like you're not in a bad place now. You seem like you're at peace with your past beliefs and see the good and bad sides.