@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
That sounds like chattel slavery which is actually a crime against humanity. Slavery was practiced all around the globe including Africa, but none of those institutions came close to resembling chattel slavery which was going on in the states..

So why make chattel slavery indicative of all forms of slavery. I bet you think what's going on in the southside of the Chicago is a barometer of behavior for all young black males.......... :pachaha:

:comeon: So let's play by your rules. What your definition of slavery

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'm all for true Communism, I just don't see it happening in this country:yeshrug:

:russ: no such thing as "true communism" breh, as long as human beings are in charge of such a ecomnomic system it is doom to fail.

I say that coming from a far left political view :sas2:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Napoleon said:
@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

remind us how you don't condone slavery again:

Easy, first sentence.....
Native terminology did not distinguish between “master” and “owner”; a husband was sometimes called the “owner” of his wife (and a king the “owner” of his subjects).

I'm all for marriage which, according to YOUR definition, is not slavery.

:popcorn:

Daps
Yall changing the subject now lol, this is directly from the bible, are you guys ok with this :sas2:

47The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
DonKnock said:
Their Religious affiliation does matter, a whole lot actually.

I wrote a paper about how religious affiliation impacts Supreme Court Justices decisions in salient cases in March of last year and concluded that paper by predicting that Gay marriage would be legalized the first chance it got to the SC with the current lineup of Justices.

:francis:

That paper was presented at the Midwest Political Science conference and peer reviewed by my professor and the man who wrote the book we used for the class (Ancient Hebrew Political Philosophy).

Well, then, since they're all listed, you can research their religious affiliations and make your own conclusions.​

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That sounds like chattel slavery which is actually a crime against humanity. Slavery was practiced all around the globe including Africa, but none of those institutions came close to resembling chattel slavery which was going on in the states..

So why make chattel slavery indicative of all forms of slavery. I bet you think what's going on in the southside of the Chicago is a barometer of behavior for all young black males.......... :pachaha:
Slavery in any form is unacceptable you cumstain

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Of course. The problem is that, the selfish aspects of human nature always override the principled good of communism

China and soviet russia are two primed examples.

Agreed, those are Communistic Oligarchy's

I think Communism could happen one day, but not in our lifetime.

It would take a serious resource scarcity or outside life being discovered in all honesty.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yall changing the subject now lol, this is directly from the bible, are you guys ok with this :sas2:

47The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited get that work :ahh:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Agreed, those are Communistic Oligarchy's

I think Communism could happen one day, but not in our lifetime.

It would take a serious resource scarcity or outside life being discovered in all honesty.

It will take artificial intelligence of an extremely advanced level, one that can decode, mimic and outwit himan emotions, to be able to provide the structure and leadership for a truly communist society to work

Eventually once automation consumes all of the blue collared jobs and most of the white collared jobs, a truly global communist revolution will take place.

Ill likely be on my deathbed at that point

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Concerning Exodus 21-20:

"The text does not condone the beating of the slave at all. Rather, the text is describing what the punishment is *for* beating one’s slave to death. That is, the text actually *condemns* beating a slave to death. In the one case, the slave owner is punished by being put to death. In the other case, which is an unintentional death by beating, the slave owner is punished in terms of his own financial loss from having beaten his slave to death. The implication is that he did not intend to kill his slave, but was still wrong in beating the slave. Otherwise there would be no mention of punishment in either case. But as it is, there is a punishment in both cases here for beating a slave to death. In the first case of intentionally beating a slave to death, the slave owner is likewise to be put to death. In the second case of unintentionally beating a slave to death, the slave owner’s own foolish financial loss serves as his punishment."
http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.html

Also keep in mind these verses: Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Colossians 4:1; and Ephesians 6:9.....

There is/was a way to treat a slave and it is not like an animal...

So if the slaveowner unintentionally beat the slave to death, his reaction could be "Whoops. Guess I got a little carried away. That'll hurt the pocketbook. :patrice:"

And that was it?

And don't talk to me about "cultural context". That only applies if the Bible is the product of shortsighted ignorant men and not a benevolent all-knowing god.

Ugh. A lot of the responses in here disgust me. I mean, the fukking mental gymnastics involved in accepting this extremely flawed ancient text as divinely inspired... :snoop: