@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You keep using terms without understanding their proper usage in-context. Here's some help clearing up your issue.....

:popcorn:

From YOUR OWN TEXT:

Native terminology did not distinguish between “master” and “owner”; a husband was sometimes called the “owner” of his wife (and a king the “owner” of his subjects). Indeed, many of a husband’s powers over his wife and children overlapped with ownership: he could sell them into slavery (but apparently only under economic duress), pledge them for debt, and discipline them. Nonetheless, a wife or son sold into slavery retained their original status and received some protection from it. Apart from this extreme case, a wife could own property independently (including slaves), and a son had a vested right to inherit his father’s estate that could only be taken away for cause.

Did you miss that?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Don't know their religious affiliation (which doesn't even matter), but here's a list of contributors.......​

Their Religious affiliation does matter, a whole lot actually.

I wrote a paper about how religious affiliation impacts Supreme Court Justices decisions in salient cases in March of last year and concluded that paper by predicting that Gay marriage would be legalized the first chance it got to the SC with the current lineup of Justices.

:francis:

That paper was presented at the Midwest Political Science conference and peer reviewed by my professor and the man who wrote the book we used for the class (Ancient Hebrew Political Philosophy).

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
That's a marketing slogan... but didn't address the question....... its ok. I was expecting to much to begin with

I started on the 17th page but whats your rational for claiming that being a proponent of capitalism but against slavery are (or should be) mutually exclusive?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

remind us how you don't condone slavery again:

Native terminology did not distinguish between “master” and “owner”; a husband was sometimes called the “owner” of his wife (and a king the “owner” of his subjects). Indeed, many of a husband’s powers over his wife and children overlapped with ownership: he could sell them into slavery (but apparently only under economic duress), pledge them for debt, and discipline them. Nonetheless, a wife or son sold into slavery retained their original status and received some protection from it. Apart from this extreme case, a wife could own property independently (including slaves), and a son had a vested right to inherit his father’s estate that could only be taken away for cause.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
forceful domination without pay and loads of punishment, discrimination, and oppression

That sounds like chattel slavery which is actually a crime against humanity. Slavery was practiced all around the globe including Africa, but none of those institutions came close to resembling chattel slavery which was going on in the states..

So why make chattel slavery indicative of all forms of slavery. I bet you think what's going on in the southside of the Chicago is a barometer of behavior for all young black males.......... :pachaha: