@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
this is actually an interesting topic :ehh:

if i said that, planned parenthood never made anyone get an abortion...?

and that less than 10 percent of planned parenthoods activity is actually abortions?

The ending result is still culling of population, which was the intended effect of abortion. Over a million are performed each year. It's still up to the individual whether or not to get them, but they provide the mechanisms for such an act to occur on such a wide scale.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Indentured servitude is not equal to G-rated slavery. Indentured servitude is still taking a human life and merchandising it.

if thats your definition then we are all indentured servants from birth my G

and guess who our "slave master" is?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The ending result is still culling of population, which was the intended effect of abortion. Over a million are performed each year. It's still up to the individual whether or not to get them, but they provide the mechanisms for such an act to occur on such a wide scale.

In your opinion do you think it's more humane to terminate a pregnancy or birth a child knowing you won't take care of it? Serious question

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
if thats your definition then we are all indentured servants from birth my G

and guess who our "slave master" is?

El diablo, hombre blanco

I fully believe Communism would be the best system if it could ever be truly achieved. The world has yet to see a Communist nation the way Marx envisioned it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so what?

such births were unintended. i mean whats really the difference at the end of the day between aborting a kid you didnt mean to have, and the sperm not finding the egg?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So which parts of the Bible have to do with Christianity? I'd like to know which portions I can conveniently ignore because it doesn't fit with what our view of what Christianity is supposed to be.

You talk about the bible itself as if it's a word for word written law for christians which is where you lose me because that's the type of thinking that allows people to use the book to control. just like all these other dingbat atheist nikkas online who try to skim the bible for contradictory sections and whatnot. you're missing the point entirely.

But to answer your question I know you're old enough to know how to look for main ideas and theme. the bible's is creation, faith and the will of god imo. Not every sentence of the book is a part of someone's spirituality obviously, we are talking about sections on how to treat one's slave for fukks sake. :skip:

You said the bible Ok'd a different brand of slavery that was more akin to indentured servitude and wasn't as bad. I'm arguing that there have been plenty of rebellions and uprisings over indentured servitude as well in which they were being treated poorly. Indentured servitude is not equal to G-rated slavery. Indentured servitude is still taking a human life and merchandising it.

Additionally, human's by nature abuse power when they get an unlimited supply of it. It was simply following to the natural flow of events that by allowing that milder version of slavery, it would inevitably lead to the type that occurred in the Atlantic slave trade at some point in time.

What the US does is prisons is indeed also a form of slavery because there are seldom true efforts to rehabilitate and reenter the prisoners into society.

Idk where you're going with this. The bolded is how you interpreted what I was saying but wasn't the point I was making at all. Obviously slavery is slavery it's all bad blah blah blah but the point was that OP and most of the folks arguing with me just trying to evoke emotion using that shyt without context. It's was a reality for practically everyone in ancient society, and practiced among all races, black folks included. :sas2: You just really wanna shoehorn that the bible "condoned" slavery via flimsy logic. I and other posters explained how the logic was flimsy in earlier posts and if that's the point where we can't agree no matter what then let's just exchange negs and call it a day. :manny: I'm pretty much done with this thread

Last edited:

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Idk where you're going with this. The bolded is how you interpreted what I was saying but wasn't the point I was making at all. Obviously slavery is slavery it's all bad blah blah blah but the point was that OP and most of the folks arguing with me just trying to evoke emotion using that shyt without context. It's was a reality for practically everyone in ancient society, and practiced among all races, black folks included. :sas2: You just really wanna shoehorn that the bible "condoned" slavery via flimsy logic. I and other posters explained how the logic was flimsy in earlier posts and if that's the point where we can't agree no matter what then let's just exchange negs and call it a day. :manny: I'm pretty much done with this thread

I only neg for trolling but do what you must

Daps
Dudes still trying to use the weak arugment of slavry in the bible.

i mean yea the bible allowed slavery simple is that, people in here are defending it saying it was a different type of slavery (like thats supposed to make it ok)

but if you want we can move on to other things like the earth having four corners or the earth not moving and being stationary, according to the bible :ld:

idk to me its just a lot of stuff from each book that contradicts each other, it shouldnt be that way if we are supposed to follow it.

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I've been doing this internet thing for a long time, but rarely have I ever seen the levels of juking and dodging that @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited has done in here...:wow:

First it's "Christians don't have to follow the OT...and we should ignore the NT verses that condone slavery" :mjlol:
Then it's "well biblical slavery wasn't as bad as modern slavery...and that, for some reason, makes it ok to own another human being":mjlol:

Then it's "well, what do you expect, biblical times were less civilized than modern times...but that, for some reason, doesn't mean we should stop appealing to a biblical age text for moral instruction" :mjlol:

Then it's "...well the Constitution is just as bad!" :mjlol:

Here, @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited , I think you dropped something

jnOeyM5.gif

Cheese, you on "Hold This L" Camera!

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I've been doing this internet thing for a long time, but rarely have I ever seen the levels of juking and dodging that @Dafunkdoc_Unlimited has done in here...:wow:

First it's "Christians don't have to follow the OT...and we should ignore the NT verses that condone slavery" :mjlol:
Then it's "well biblical slavery wasn't as bad as modern slavery...and that, for some reason, makes it ok to own another human being":mjlol:

Then it's "well, what do you expect, biblical times were less civilized than modern times...but that, for some reason, doesn't mean we should stop appealing to a biblical age text for moral instruction" :mjlol:

jnOeyM5.gif

Cheese, you on "Hold This L" Camera!

:russ:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Reggie Rhodes said:

That is nonsense and hasn't happened.

Reggie Rhodes said:

This statement wasn't stated by me......ever.​
Reggie Rhodes said:

Another statement not made by me.​

Reggie Rhodes said:

Yet another statement not made by me.
Reggie Rhodes said:

Not what I stated. I stated the Constitution LEGALIZES slavery.​

Reggie Rhodes said:
[/QUOTE]

Here's something for you.......

nerd-hipster-glasses-oversized-5.jpg

.....'cause you're seeing things that aren't there.

Keep posting lies about me because I bodied a homo in a thread, brehs.
:snooze: