@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited, why do you condone slavery in the bible?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Napoleon said:
It doesn't advocated freeing people unilaterally.

It does advocate freedom from bondage. Period.​

Napoleon said:
It is composed of mechanism that advocate the beating, selling, and management of SLAVES. Period. I don't care if it scales from being a forced nanny to a field worker.

It is also composed of mechanisms to free all people in bondage. Period.
Napoleon said:
If a text is contradictory, then you can't say it speaks in one direction or the other valuably.

Text isn't contradictory unless your reading comprehension and retention skills are lacking.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Napoleon said:
This is again, false.

Your biased opinion is duly noted and dismissed.​

Napoleon said:
It speaks to the highest degree of naivety to suggest that quote the most violent practices in human history was actually not that violent and limited to certain demographics and geographies.

Marriage and adoption (among other uses) are violent now? The naivete is yours.
Napoleon said:
All you've done is cherry picked one incidence of a Form of servitude and try to related to how it clearly violates the autonomy of enslaved individuals.

Wrong. I use the entire text as an ongoing narrative detailing bondage to freedom as a major theme. You, on the other hand, are ONLY looking at one portion of the text so I refute what is cited by critics in like manner.
Napoleon said:
And you think because of some archaeology from 2000 years ago that human history human viciousness have not involved to how chattel slavery was managed even 200 years ago?

I clearly stated that humans have ALWAYS been fukked-up to each other. Your point is moot.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It does advocate freedom from bondage. Period.​
Except when it tells you how to beat slaves, sell them, keep their families together, and how to treat them

It is also composed of mechanisms to free all people in bondage. Period.
Not just POWs, but slaves.

Text isn't contradictory unless your reading comprehension and retention skills are lacking.​
You claim the book advocates freedom. OK

SO who is being freed? :sas1: And from what? :usure:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Your biased opinion is duly noted and dismissed.​
How convenient :dead:

Marriage and adoption (among other uses) are violent now? The naivete is yours.
Whats this got to do with slavery?

Wrong. I use the entire text as an ongoing narrative detailing bondage to freedom as a major theme. You, on the other hand, are ONLY looking at one portion of the text so I refute what is cited by critics in like manner.
Why does the text allow slavery of people god doesn't approve of?

I clearly stated that humans have ALWAYS been fukked-up to each other. Your point is moot.
And this excuses it? :heh:

Go home guys. Bad people exist, might as well let them :dead:

Daps
Yea yesterday he tried to tell me that even though it EXPLICITLY says to kill gays in Leviticus that the Bible couldn't be held responsible for that.
:wtf:
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

:camby:

leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. :dahell:

why in the hell would a gay person follow the bible :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
The Real said:
I never said you were c00ning. As for "reporting," as I have already stated, I am referencing Torah and Talmud law, which consists of normative statements about how people should behave. Among those statements are those that endorse the barbaric practices in question. In some cases, God himself commands the barbaric practices.

IDK about all that 'G-d' himself jazz. All I know is people of color wrote down what was going on around them 2,000 years ago. ALL societies back then are 'barbaric' compared to present-day.
The Real said:
You claim the text has no theological hold on you, but it's obvious you have affinities with Christianity in particular

As everyone in the United States and this thread does since we live in a post-Christian society.​

The Real said:
whether or not you identify as a Christian or as a noncognitivist. You're clearly willing to defend Abrahamic barbarism through any manner of rhetorical acrobatics available to you.

False. I defend HISTORY and believe religion, whether Abrahamic or otherwise, are 'Black' peoples' best weapon against 'White Supremacy'. Not like I haven't stated that before, so for you to come at me with that just shows I need to say it more often so people don't misunderstand my stance.​

The Real said:
Literally every sociological and historical survey of slavery and servitude worldwide includes chattel slavery and Abrahamic slavery in its surveys. There isn't a single, unbiased scholar anywhere who thinks there is no connection whatsoever between them. That doesn't mean all the forms are the same. It means they share enough similarities to be grouped together. Even your Dept. of Labor link says nothing contradicting this (in fact, it contradicts you, since it explicitly calls both American and the much less intense Brazilian servitude slavery).

Chattel slavery was not the only form of slavery in the Ancient Near East. This is why I keep stating that comparing Colonial America's to the ANE's is stupid. There were marriages, adoptions, careers, political appointments, etc. in the ANE version. The similarities are superficial. The differences are fundamental. The Dept. of Labor SPECIFICALLY states this as fact.
The Real said:
All forced labor and trafficking in human beings share fundamental similarities, regardless of whatever other differences exist between them. No one but you seems to think otherwise.

ANE slavery encompassed much more than 'forced labor and trafficking in human beings'. This point of history seems to be lost on a certain demographic in this thread.​

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Frank Lucas said:
leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. :dahell:

why in the hell would a gay person follow the bible :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Because Christians believe Jesus' death fulfilled the contract that contained that law, so it no longer applies.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Napoleon said:
Except when it tells you how to beat slaves, sell them, keep their families together, and how to treat them

Yeah because there's NOTHING in the book that says 'Treat humans like humans regardless of status'. Oh wait........​

Napoleon said:
Not just POWs, but slaves.

Kings, court officers, Emperors, etc. = slaves. My first post. Moot point. Next.​

Napoleon said:
You claim the book advocates freedom. OK

SO who is being freed? And from what?

Every human being from bondage.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Because Christians believe Jesus' death fulfilled the contract that contained that law, so it no longer applies.​

This is coming from someone who hasn't been to church since they were 12.

So what he means is "Christians are supposed to believe this"

That does not mean that is what is preached in churches. Or what is actually followed.. And once again another reason the bible should be amended to take all of this out...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Yeah because there's NOTHING in the book that says 'Treat humans like humans regardless of status'. Oh wait........​

Kings, court officers, Emperors, etc. = slaves. My first post. Moot point. Next.​

Every human being from bondage.
So why does it advocate slavery?

and it doesn't matter if it tells you to not be a dikk to your neighbor...because if something internally contradicts itself (which you refuse to admit because your mothers umbilical cord was wrapped around your neck at birth you coy little fukk) it can NOT be taken as a viable or reputable source of information to inform a particular stance, nor can it claim to be infallible.