"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
breh first person games exist in damn near every genre lol... and there is no direct participant/viewer interactivity with movies so framing immersion from that perspective consistently pushes people away and always has.

1st/3rd in games are a design choice. and if you want to see the effects plainly just look at the reactions of people playing RE games from different perspectives. those games can hit very different based on how you're allowed to steer action
It's a cost saving choice that they have sold to you as a design choice. and FPS is a genre

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's a cost saving choice that they have sold to you as a design choice. and FPS is a genre
FPS

First person *shooters*

shooters, the genre, which have first and third person under their umbrella. the biggest marketing gimmick with CP by far was the faction shyt. the game was always gonna be first person - were bioshock, dishonored, deathloop, etc marketing shenanigans too for that design choice?
Imagine trying to interact with Judy and Panam in 3rd person :hhh:
the fact you can scan people and environments in the middle of character moments was one of the best things in the game tbh

shyt, nailing someone to the fukking cross would 100% not hit the same third person either for that matter

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I fukked Panam inside a tank. I woke up next to her in my bed. All in 1st person. In 3rd person those moments would hit nowhere near as hard bruh. Hell even walking around Night City wouldn't hit like that in 3rd person. 1st person makes you literally feel like you are actually beating the block.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Yeah they built everything about the game with the FP view in mind. A lot of the more dramatic moments wouldn’t hit as hard in 3rd person

I was defending this up until recently.

Breh, there's litterally ONE scene that hits harder because of the first person view and that's the one where you talk to the Joy Toy to find Evelyn.

Most story based games are in third person.

hahaha :beli:

No, because there's no animations build for third person, just shadows of your body

The game should've been third/first person ala Fallout 4.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Just tried secret endings a couple times. Got my ass handed to me at the door :heh:. Too much of a hassle to keep trying with the credits rolling and repeat dialogue and the 5 min wait for secret option

Think your only meant to try this at level 50

Did aldocados my first play through. Rogues time to go:camby:
It's not worth it. There's not even a "special ending" or anything.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Low key thats why all studios use first person. To save money on animating the player character. it's always been a gimmick camera view.
Should only be used in certain contextual actions like looking down a scope. not for an entire game.

When it comes to CP2077, first person was a gimmick they leaned on because they could not do both. I wish I save the stories from Gamasutra because they had a bunch of behind the scenes stuff during the years in development. And one of the things they reported was that CDPR wanted to do 1st and 3rd person, and be like Elder Scrolls and Fallout. That was their intention. I'm not a fan of 1st person, but it can work. I didn't mind it in The Outer Worlds. But CDPR still doesn't have a good police system, which is something even Watchdogs Legion has. They were saving money and covering up for what they could not do. And what happened when they announced it as 1st person? The 1st person stans busted a huge nut. OMG the immersion!!! Yet you can't even see the character you spent a bunch of time customizing. Wait, you can, but in a mirror, on a motorcycle or in the pause menu:mjlol:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm back I gave up on this game and cast the let down from my mind on release
Just came across Edgerunners on Netflix...interesting how the anime is so good(likely because there's no Keanu and Studio Trigger)
So anyway I'm back
Apparently CDPR dropped crazy updates.... that fixed most of the problems

I'm shocked apparently this game has come back from the dead and almost become like a new release
Sets a bad precedent for studios going forward but this is amazing at the same time

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
people in here are still crying because its not third person ? jesus christ go play tomb raider or some shyt. this aint the game for you go find it

its a valid criticism fym.

FPS only is wack :yeshrug: but I understand why they did it so whatever.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FPS

First person *shooters*

shooters, the genre, which have first and third person under their umbrella. the biggest marketing gimmick with CP by far was the faction shyt. the game was always gonna be first person - were bioshock, dishonored, deathloop, etc marketing shenanigans too for that design choice?

the fact you can scan people and environments in the middle of character moments was one of the best things in the game tbh

shyt, nailing someone to the fukking cross would 100% not hit the same third person either for that matter

Yeah, that mission with the Jesus BD wouldn't have been the same in third person. Same for River's questline with looking for his nephew. The tension wouldn't be the same.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just started and this shyt is hot garbage so far. Way too much damn dialogue and talking this shyt