"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Daps
Pondsmith the black guy right?
Yeah.
May still be in the game on undiscovered files
Maybe. The fact that the early development screens showed multiple options as a childhood idol besides Johnny Silverhand and the remnants in the flashback missions with characters from the tabletop lore tell me that they really did plan to have the game be faithful to the tabletop, but outside of a few references and maybe a cameo (2077 takes place in 2020's future) I don't think they'll be able to make it as big and detailed as the tabletop.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Yeah.

Maybe. The fact that the early development screens showed multiple options as a childhood idol besides Johnny Silverhand and the remnants in the flashback missions with characters from the tabletop lore tell me that they really did plan to have the game be faithful to the tabletop, but outside of a few references and maybe a cameo (2077 takes place in 2020's future) I don't think they'll be able to make it as big and detailed as the tabletop.
Damn if those investors didn’t hurry the team this could’ve been the best game ever. Hopefully they continue to add shyt and we will have to wait for the Witcher 3

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Damn if those investors didn’t hurry the team this could’ve been the best game ever. Hopefully they continue to add shyt and we will have to wait for the Witcher 3
Nah. They should of had a clear direction for the game from the start, release the game on the weaker systems after the newer ones were prioritized. If they knew the game was not ready, be honest with both the fans AND the investors and get it fixed.

Daps
Nah. They should of had a clear direction for the game from the start, release the game on the weaker systems after the newer ones were prioritized. If they knew the game was not ready, be honest with both the fans AND the investors and get it fixed.
I kind of agree. I think the investors played a part in it, but I also feel like they scrapped some cool stuff on their own.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I kind of agree. I think the investors played a part in it, but I also feel like they scrapped some cool stuff on their own.
Given what i seen from various articles, management shyt the bed:

Part of the fans’ disappointment is proportional to the amount of time they spent waiting for the game. Although Cyberpunk was announced in 2012, the company was then still mainly focused on its last title and full development didn’t start until late 2016, employees said. That was when CD Projekt essentially hit the reset button, according to people familiar with the project.

Even as the timeline looked increasingly unrealistic, management said delaying wasn’t an option. Their goal was to release Cyberpunk 2077 before new consoles from Microsoft and Sony, expected in the fall of 2020, were even announced. That way, the company could launch the game on existing PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, then “double dip” by releasing versions down the road for the next generation consoles. People who bought the old console versions would receive free upgrades when the new ones were available. Some engineers realized that Cyberpunk was too complex of a game to run well on the seven-year-old consoles, with its city full of bustling crowds and hulking buildings. They said management dismissed their concerns, however, citing their success in pulling off The Witcher 3.

The overtime didn’t make development of the game any faster. At E3 in June 2019, CD Projekt announced that the game would come out on April 16, 2020. Fans were elated, but internally, some members of the team could only scratch their heads, wondering how they could possibly finish the game by then. One person said they thought the date was a joke. Based on the team’s progress, they expected the game to be ready in 2022. Developers created memes about the game getting delayed, making bets on when it would happen.

They knew the game was not ready and lied to the investors as well, which caused them to be sued and lose in court:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Finally finished this.

FVk8Gp3XsAAITZP

FVk8AiVXEAAoYQ7

:mjcry:

The tragedy of it all..

Assuming they don't find a cure (I personally think V is as good as dead and Panam is in denial) this end is super tragic as a Street Kid V. Bittersweet all the way through. V finally escapes Night City & finds a family and somewhere to belong but only has six months to enjoy it while Panam will have lost half of her clan including Saul AND her new romantic interest in V all in the span of a handful of months. They escape Night City but in the end, it feels as if the city still "won." Maybe that was the point. NC eventually chews everyone up and spits them out. Can't even lie. shyt is depressing.

If you choose this ending and bring along Judy, Judy leaves a voicemail and you can hear V in the background telling Judy to come to breakfast. Now the voicemail could've been recorded during that 6 month time period or after, since it's left ambiguous. But I think V is still alive via Panam's Arizona contacts

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, I was gifted this game recently and am trying to see if it's worth playing now with the patches that have been dropped? :lupe: