"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Wasn't they supposed to have released some story DLC now :francis:

Thought I would be playing the moon heist with the mysterious man by now :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea initially. But you gotta remember this game was taken off the PSN store for months. MP plans cut which you know they were gonna monetize. All news and future plans are completely on hold and more than likely cancelled. Company rep ruined. Overall this was a failure

And they still got a big netflix anime in production.

They got a lot of great initial sales due to hype (13 million) but if we’re at the head of CDPR, yes this game was a failure all around. This is a game that launched with a bang, and pretty much plummeted off a cliff sales wise, reputation wise, potential sales wise.

This game had it launched in a better more playable state possibly goes on to do GTA numbers eventually. The type of roll out they had planned for this game, with its budget, was geared at almost being a service game. The multiplayer aspect alone was supposed to keep this game alive as soon as next year and thats dead. Everything they do now is a -net gain. The free expansions which should have been paid like witcher 3, the constant fixing, crunch, bonuses they had to pay out despite not hitting sales milestones, having it taken of the PlayStation store, the biggest platform it launched on, not being able to sell more merch, additional cross-promotional tie ins, and now they can’t even make any money off the launch of next generation editions and bundles.

The entire game has been a disaster and its gonna take them a long time to recover. People forget that the actual Polish government helped fund this game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You couldn’t be more wrong
The cost was way worse. The backlash, the removal of the microtransactions, the loss of the exclusive Star Wars license because Disney was pissed off the wave of legal attention and litigation in other countries to ban microtransactions and label them as gambling. Star Wars Battlefront II kicked that off. It was a way worse disaster.
this is why you’re not an executive bruh, lol.
Yeah because if I was an executive I wouldn't have launched the game in that state and tried to hide it like they did. They're burning money trying to clean up a PR disaster of their own making and it's not really gonna get them much. The game sold through what it's gonna sell. They're putting it on sale for $10. After all the cuts taken that's a worthless sell.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
He also said that the whole fiasco was the consumers fault because they bought the game on release:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
If you buy a car and you don't test drive it are you not responsible for what you get? Here's the thing people only pull scams they think they can get away with. As a consumer you have to hold people that sell you stuff to a standard. If they didn't think they could get away with that they wouldn't have even tried it. Years of customers enabling these companies to sell broken products and fix them later lead to this.

When the game came out and reviewers days before said we aren't allowed to use footage of the game we captured because the company said so that was all that needed to be said.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you buy a car and you don't test drive it are you not responsible for what you get? Here's the thing people only pull scams they think they can get away with. As a consumer you have to hold people that sell you stuff to a standard. If they didn't think they could get away with that they wouldn't have even tried it. Years of customers enabling these companies to sell broken products and fix them later lead to this.

When the game came out and reviewers days before said we aren't allowed to use footage of the game we captured because the company said so that was all that needed to be said.

No because a lot of those same reviewers and many other were singing its praises for months up until release. A lot of them even got invited to play the game for 6 hours and couldn’t stop going on about how great it was.

CDPR is 100% at fault for not only withholding console versions of the game but only supply review codes to people with the latest mega graphic cards to make sure they played it the only way it could possibly be played in a favorable light. They did a lot of shady shyt to sell this game and they are def responsible for all the backlash they received the consumers being deceived are not at fault.

The day one metacritic for the game was like a 93 or some shyt

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

Such a poor example. For one, the average consumer can't test a game before release. Second, they did hold CPR to a standard that's why there was an outcry about the game being in the state it was in at release.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Way worse than a flop, their reputation is ruined and are known as liars and scammers now. Players are gonna be weary anytime they drop something now

Witcher 4 trailer will erase it all, gamers have short term memories

I also think this is gonna be a major turning point for a lot of developers, including Bethesda Game Studios that were so used to releasing sloppy half-baked games and mostly fixing them in post-launch patches.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yea initially. But you gotta remember this game was taken off the PSN store for months. MP plans cut which you know they were gonna monetize. All news and future plans are completely on hold and more than likely cancelled. Company rep ruined. Overall this was a failure
No dlc sales. No nothing. This game essentially died 2 months in and they kicked the casket themselves with every announcement they made

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Witcher 4 trailer will erase it all, gamers have short term memories

I also think this is gonna be a major turning point for a lot of developers, including Bethesda Game Studios that were so used to releasing sloppy half-baked games and mostly fixing them in post-launch patches.
If idiots think they’ll do better with a bigger game, they’ll be day one fools as well

CDPR will never get a dollar from me again. I’ll buy used AFTER I get the OK that the shyt works