"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
My biggest problem with Ryder is he/she never face any obstacles on the way to the game's climax.

The AI shyt COULD have been cool except;
  • Like you said, it boiled down to just be a deus ex machina solving all your problems
  • It played into Ryder not earning shyt
  • Them damn missions that had to chasing the memory shards
As for the party members; I remember the promo saying the game was designed by Mass Effect fans and it shows--in the worst way. I've ranted enough in the other ME threads.

I still remember us all thinking Cora was the Illusive Man's daughters and was gonna be the antagonist.

The game is so by the numbers, it's annoying to think about.

i got stuck in a dense jungle and had to do platformining in some underground temple or whatever and got bored and never turned it back on. fukk that game. for all of cyberpunks issues, i was really invested in its story, there is some very very meta communist content and critique thats sort of hard to relay in this game to non communists in the movement but i enjoyed it. the bartmoss mission plays EXACTLY into the hands of dikkheads on twitter who spout sayings and little else.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I disagree

Current way... Game gets released on 5 consoles (ps4,5, xbox 1, 1, and pc).. The only people who benefit from mods are PC gamers. You've already cut off 4 other revenue streams right there. On top of that, how many PC gamers bought the game before mods even came out? How many are going to buy the game and never mod?

My way... You release the HD Texture pack mod for $1.99 on 5 systems... Who ain't buying it?? Maybe not the PC gamers.. But some will, and every other console surely will... How much does that cost the company? 75k? 50k? If you're a modder, would you mod something for 20k seeing how you already mod it for free?

I think there has to be a more technical reason behind this... I mean I'm paying for the top of line devs and they can't even do better than internet modders? Must be something that every single video company sticks to this rule. Skyrim was the only one who let mods happen on a console and even they didn't think to just hire those guys and put it behind a paywall.

The main problem with this is that on PC right now that HD texture pack is free and cost you nothing but the time it takes you to install it. You start charging money for it on consoles you going to have people feeling like you purposely didn't make the game as good as you could have graphically in order to charge them an additional 2 dollars ? I could see plenty of people having a problem with that.

There is also the technical reason they didn't make the graphics look that good in the first place. Maybe it causes the game to crash. If you are into modding you know they can make your game crash and the more you use for a game the more you have to start taking into consideration the load order of your mods. Not to mention the convoluted directions some of these mods have for how to install them. Create a folder here, copy this file here, go download this file here, oh wait that file has a dependency on another mod, go find that mod.

Cities skylines is a perfect example of this. It does not support mods on consoles, but it does on PC. Go to the cities skylines workshop and click on a mod, chances are its going to tell you that it has a dependency on another mod that you got to install first. It might even tell you that it conflicts with another mod, so now you got to keep a tab of what mods NOT to use that might break the mod you are using. Console gamers play closed boxed systems and just want to pick up a controller and play. I do not think they are built to install a mod, then a month later install another mod, then the game won't even load, because the two mods conflict with each other. Now they asking for a refund for the game or the system cause "the game won't load."
nah console gamers definitely want mod. Fallout 4 on Xbox is a totally different game due to mods.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Still playing this game. 600+ hours in the game. I need to damn DLC now though.

photomode-15052021-115317.png
photomode-16052021-013026.png
photomode-09052021-155641.png
photomode-09052021-163348.png
photomode-09052021-172826.png
photomode-15052021-112337.png
photomode-08052021-223801.png
photomode-07052021-230737.png
photomode-07052021-234240.png
I really admire you.

This is how I am with RDR2. I really wish I could love this game... I can't.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really admire you.

ya I’ve given up on playing it...I don’t even think the next gen version will make a significant difference assuming they even drop it at this point

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I really admire you.

I wish i can get into RDR2 and Cyberpunk deep like yall but i cant. Both very repetitive and boring most the time.

GTA still the undisputed goat open world game.

Hell i even enjoy fallout more then Cyber and RDR2

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
ya I’ve given up on playing it...I don’t even think the next gen version will make a significant difference assuming they even drop it at this point

the DLC will matter more than the next gen patches. They have a chance to add back in cut content and new mechanics like they did with the Witcher they even overhauled the UI for the Witcher expansions

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the DLC will matter more than the next gen patches. They have a chance to add back in cut content and new mechanics like they did with the Witcher they even overhauled the UI for the Witcher expansions

I’ll believe it when I see it :russell:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I really admire you.

Playing on PC definitely helps. It's hard for me to play games without mods nowadays. But, overall I really enjoyed the game. Was I disappointed? Yes, but it was my favorite game of 2020. I like the fast pace nature of the game. RDR2 slow everything keeps me from enjoying the game.