"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: so all that fuss and only 30,000 people out of damn near 14 million purchases requested refunds :russ:. You woulda thought half or at least 1/3 of purchasers requested refunds with how much people were talking. No doubt in my mind...CDPR will fix this game and milk this shyt GTA-style over the next 5-8 years of this next-gen gaming generation :unimpressed:
it refunded around 30,000 through its "Help Me Refund" program
through its "Help Me Refund" program
through its "Help Me Refund" program
context is king brother

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
context is king brother

So how many you think was refunded total?

I GUARANTEE the actual number of refunds is nowhere near what you would expect given the amount of talk that was happening on the internet. Let's say they aren't counting the PSN/XBOX refunds carried out by Sony/Microsoft themselves and the total number of refunds were around 700,000 - 1,000,000 (just going on the extreme side of things for a min). Is that even a drop in the bucket (considering most of those refunds will likely be purchased again when the next-gen version of the game drop AND they will get even more NEW sales from next-gen systems)?

This turned out to be wayyyyyy more talk than action from the consumers.

Last edited:

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps

I GUARANTEE the actual number of refunds is nowhere near what you would expect given the amount of talk that was happening on the internet. Let's say they aren't counting the PSN/XBOX refunds carried out by Sony/Microsoft themselves and the total number of refunds were around 700,000 - 1,000,000 (just going on the extreme side of things for a min). Is that even a drop in the bucket (considering most of those refunds will likely be purchased again when the next-gen version of the game drop AND they will get even more NEW sales from next-gen systems)?

Sure, I'm just saying that figure doesn't count Xbox/PS/Steam/Major retailer refunds or even the refunds denied through these(or theirs for that matter) platforms, just the ones processed through their system.

I couldn't say whether or not the refunds are more or less than what people would expect

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

This.

I already had a PC and PS4 copy. And got the refund for the PS4 the moment I could...the game was simply unplayable in certain areas. My PC version however is actually fun. The story is still butt-cheeks...but with a 30 series card its playable and mostly enjoyable.

To be fair, I mostly really love the game world. I'd love to see a true AAA developer take a swing at this genre as well. We get a billion Skyrim/medieval clones...I'd be ok with Rockstar taking a crack at a Cyberpunk setting and actually killin it.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: so all that fuss and only 30,000 people out of damn near 14 million purchases requested refunds :russ:. You woulda thought half or at least 1/3 of purchasers requested refunds with how much people were talking. No doubt in my mind...CDPR will fix/perfect this game and milk this shyt GTA-style over the next 5-8 years of this next-gen gaming generation :unimpressed:
seems like there were a lot of ducktales in this thread, saw so many people saying they were getting a refund.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I got the hard copy for ps4 but my ps5 is a digital, hope they put it back on the store eventually

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seems like there were a lot of ducktales in this thread, saw so many people saying they were getting a refund.
Losses of over $51 million due to Cyberpunk's botched launch might sound significant. But that number has to be taken against the rest of the company's record-shattering performance last year. That included about $563 million in total sales revenue (~2.14 billion PLN) and net profit of just over $301 million (~1.15 billion PLN) in 2020 alone. Even adding in the Cyberpunk refunds/losses projected for 2021 (and not including any additional Cyberpunk sales projected for 2021), that $51 million "provision" represents just 9 percent of the company's 2020 revenue.

You can also weigh the impact of the refund program against 13.7 million total unit sales of Cyberpunk 2077 before the end of December. Assuming 2020's approximately $12.9 million in refunds averaged out to full $60 purchases, that means CDPR refunded just under 215,000 copies, or about 1.6 percent of all Cyberpunk units sold last year.

Cyberpunk 2077 refunds barely dented CD Projekt Red’s bottom line [Updated]

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I had they great fortune of being deployed when this dropped, so I've only played the game v1.2 onwards.

It's solid. RPG mechanics are fun. The lore is fantastic. City is empty as hell on PS5. I wish the city was more interactive. It is definitely "shallow", as someone put it.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
One of the funniest video games, for all the wrong reasons :laff:

Them video game glitch compilations on youtube are epic. They pick out old games from the 90s like Half Life and compare their AI to Cyberpunk....and Half Life wins it by a landslide.

Them shytty GTA ripoffs is why there is no new GTA since 2013. That's like WWE when WCW bankrupted...they had no reason to try hard anymore. Same here folks. GTA online is unbearable to play with griefers and cheaters, but someone will still do the heist missions, play some races and buy them shark cards. Business keeps going and no new GTA anytime near by.