"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
the vulnerability can only be exploited if you use modded files
The buffer overflow is in the game code in a function they use to load strings...

It is not "external dll" like CDPR claimed, it can be exploited on any platform (yes consoles to) with a simple save file...

This is NOT normal, many games on PC are moddable without security exploits built into game code that can give attackers access to your system...

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
the vulnerability can only be exploited if you use modded files
m4orrklzrff61.png

I put in 100 plus hours in this game and may just have to delete thanks to this bullshyt

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
The buffer overflow is in the game code in a function they use to load strings...

It is not "external dll" like CDPR claimed, it can be exploited on any platform (yes consoles to) with a simple save file...

This is NOT normal, many games on PC are moddable without security exploits built into game code that can give attackers access to your system...
:dead::deadmanny:

This is a new low for CDPR, they may never recover from this

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

you're safe if you don't use mods, or download a modded save file. and they're fixing it

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
:russ: Good thing I deleted this game weeks ago. I'll get back to it in 2 yrs time.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I haven't been paying attention to this since I'm probably not coming back to it until the next gen versions are out (in 2022, or some shyt, at this rate :mjlol:), but holy fukking shyt.

This is just a terrible case of cutting corners, getting caught in a position that would've had them burning ANOTHER one of their marketing partners, and trying to dump it at modders' feet, since the entry method of the exploit is modded files.

And they really thought that the mod community would just eat it. :mjlol:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I haven't been paying attention to this since I'm probably not coming back to it until the next gen versions are out (in 2022, or some shyt, at this rate :mjlol:), but holy fukking shyt.

This is just a terrible case of cutting corners, getting caught in a position that would've had them burning ANOTHER one of their marketing partners, and trying to dump it at modders' feet, since the entry method of the exploit is modded files.

And they really thought that the mod community would just eat it. :mjlol:
They tried to pull the same shyt R* did back with GTA San Andreas and that Hot Coffee shyt to cover their asses from a lawsuit...

They left that sex animation code in the PC version knowing full well we'd activate it (single line of code) and then tried to blame the modding community for "creating" it when the soccer moms of America club got mad their precious 12 year old Kevin was exposed to fully clothed gyrations in a game called Grand Theft Auto... :mjlol:

The difference here is that was just corny clothed sex animations and R* eventually admitted to it when the game got hit with a new rating...

These CDPR clowns are blaming the modding community for a security vulnerability in their code and sticking to it...The funny thing is, modders have already patched it on PC, its the consoles that remain exposed because CDPR hasn't patched it yet...:mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just wanna ride around on my motorcycle without the game crashing

driving cars is unwieldy