"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This patch may have revealed something that many are not ready to admit yet, namely that this game may just be broken beyond repair.

It seems like everytime they fix something something else breaks. It’s like when you put together an ikea dresser without reading the instructions and can’t figure out why the middle drawer and bottom drawer only slide in when they’re upside down. You’d probably have the take the entire dresser apart to figure it out but you already threw out the instructions so you’re just sawing shyt off at this point to make it fit the right way.

Releasing patches every week ain’t gonna do it, its like trying patch a leaky roof with bandaids. They need a complete overhaul of this game if they want it in working order anytime soon. They really dug themselves into a hole with this game.

They should have never announced it so early and released it so soon. Now the developers are overworked, the the investors are mad, sony is mad, management is probably stressed beyond belief.

There was so much riding on this game also, they got an entire anime series coming out on Netflix, they have an online game coming out still, they build consoles, apparel, toys, so much money was spent.

They have no choice but to commit the next few years into making this game happen

Last edited:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
This patch may have revealed something that many are not ready to admit yet, namely that this game may just be broken beyond repair.
It was rushed and not even finished when it released. Many features, content and story was cut to release it last year when it should of been released late 2021-early 2022. I hope the class action lawsuit succeed and all of the top brass gets canned.

SmokyQuartz

Young Skull
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
It seems like everytime they fix something something else breaks. It’s like when you put together an ikea dresser without reading the instructions and can’t figure out why the middle drawer and bottom drawer only slide in when they’re upside down. You’d probably have the take the entire dresser apart to figure it out but you already threw out the instructions so you’re just sawing shyt off at this point to make it fit the right way.

Releasing patches every week ain’t gonna do it, its like trying patch a leaky roof with bandaids. They need a complete overhaul of this game if they want it in working order anytime soon. They really dug themselves into a hole with this game.

They should have never announced it so early and released it so soon. Now the developers are overworked, the the investors are mad, sony is mad, management is probably stressed beyond belief.

There was so much riding on this game also, they got an entire anime series coming out on Netflix, they have an online game coming out still, they build consoles, apparel, toys, so much money was spent.

They have no choice but to commit the next few years into making this game happen
press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

It's not broken.... it just needs real work... because if that's the only thing that's wrong with the game that's an accomplishment in itself...I'd rather have the bugs issue of this game than to have the storytelling issue of TLOU2...:mjlol: the internet dragged that fukking game... CDPR can always fix this...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't think it's beyond repair, they're probably just rushing these bug fixes out without properly testing the patches.

At this point they need to stop rushing these fixes and plan a relaunch at the end of the year.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think people’s expectations of what a patch can and will do are off.

The game is what it is, they aren’t gonna patch in a GTA style open world.

The patches will just address random bugs and glitches.

The “next gen” patch will just be adding ray tracing at the sacrifice of framerate and/or resolution.

If you are not into the game now, a patch won’t help that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the Takemura glitch seems widespread, across all platforms. there will probably be a hotfix soon

Daps
this is what happens when you let greed take over and assume consumers are dumb by trying to jam pack a current gen game into last gen hardware

this should have been a current gen game from the beginning

ps5/xsx/pc exclusive

this game had no business being on last gen consoles

the development of the game got so complicated there are probably fundamental errors in code
that's why each patch seems to lead to more problems
most likely they are having a difficult time finding the fundamental errors in code because they probably have to go through who knows how many lines of code

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
now I’m stuck in an awkward position where I don’t want to have to restart the game but it’s gonna be weird as hell jumping back into the story months later when/if they finally make the game playable for everyone

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think people’s expectations of what a patch can and will do are off.

The game is what it is, they aren’t gonna patch in a GTA style open world.

The patches will just address random bugs and glitches.

The “next gen” patch will just be adding ray tracing at the sacrifice of framerate and/or resolution.

If you are not into the game now, a patch won’t help that.
people are tripping expecting a police/npc AI overhaul in this patch. we might never get that

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
now I’m stuck in an awkward position where I don’t want to have to restart the game but it’s gonna be weird as hell jumping back into the story months later when/if they finally make the game playable for everyone
do you still get crashes playing an older save? most people on the Series X don't seem to have major issues