"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like people who did their due diligence to learn the game were god mode at the end because if you lean really hard into a build then that build pays off even tho its hard at the start.

People who werent sure what to do and were wishy washy on how they wanted to play and had a "balanced" build aren't going to feel like gods. So I think its fine. The story quests are way lower level than the sidequests also.

Let's also not forget that the game was built with DLC/expansions in mind and they may be for high level players.

I started a second playthrough to see what the beginning of the game is like in a slightly more stable form, and am dropping early points into Technical Ability so I can craft items earlier than I did before. As such, I don't have the same points I had in Cool and Intelligence that I had before, so combat is a lot tougher than before. However, when I get my points balanced out, I'm going to go back to cutting through enemies like butter.

I think, realistically, that's how the power curve should work, though. It really makes character building feel inconsequential if there's no reward in the late game for carefully piecing together a build. For example, Quickhacks wouldn't really matter all that much if you couldn't get to a point where you could clear out full warehouses without pulling the trigger on someone. Also, for those that want to nitpick, it'd create further disconnect from lore and gameplay, since you are told that netrunners are valuable resources and dangerous threats to be taken seriously.

But even then, the game still has some flex. You get enough skill points to max out at least two trees, and get pretty far down a third if you plan correctly. That gives you enough wiggle room to at at least mix complimentary playstyles a bit.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I started a second playthrough to see what the beginning of the game is like in a slightly more stable form, and am dropping early points into Technical Ability so I can craft items earlier than I did before. As such, I don't have the same points I had in Cool and Intelligence that I had before, so combat is a lot tougher than before. However, when I get my points balanced out, I'm going to go back to cutting through enemies like butter.

I think, realistically, that's how the power curve should work, though. It really makes character building feel inconsequential if there's no reward in the late game for carefully piecing together a build. For example, Quickhacks wouldn't really matter all that much if you couldn't get to a point where you could clear out full warehouses without pulling the trigger on someone. Also, for those that want to nitpick, it'd create further disconnect from lore and gameplay, since you are told that netrunners are valuable resources and dangerous threats to be taken seriously.

But even then, the game still has some flex. You get enough skill points to max out at least two trees, and get pretty far down a third if you plan correctly. That gives you enough wiggle room to at at least mix complimentary playstyles a bit.

Yeah this is how I look at it.

The game is still based on a tabletop too and that's how they normally operate. Casting classes are useless in the early game and otherworldly in the late game if you took the time to build your character correctly and really studied what's possible in the lategame.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Its an RPG combat takes no skill, and will get easier late game no what you do, and buy the time you craft all those weapons you will be so over powered it won't matter anyway, might as well use cheats and max out everything from the jump and save yourself some time

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Finished it, had the 'nomad' ending. I had a ton of fun, but I don't feel like going back in with a different build and choices, which happens with most rpgs I enjoy like this.
I was up in this thread reading about the game everytime I was not playing, but after the end I'm like, 'it's okay'. Somehow it failed to make a real impact but was still massively enjoyable.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
For those of you that finished the game, I highly suggest doing all the endings. Even the shytty one has a couple :ohhh: moments

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Very impressed with Keanu Reeves role in this game. I thought initially he was going to a tacked on cameo, but his role as Johnny Silverhand has been thoroughly entertaining. He has a wide acting range.
At first I wasn't sure but then later on I definitely dug his role.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn...I hate that I had to put this game on hold due to glitches and shyt...I need that damn patch :noah: