"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Had to put the game on pause to finish some projects. I might hold off to try and finally finish Persona 5 Royal while doing other projects + school.

I'll definitely be back before summer tho. If they drop some wild mods I'm on it heavy.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Great game but I feel like the end is kinda rushed?

I'll say this, I feel like Panam is probably the most engaging character I've dealt with in a game in a long long time (not counting FF7RE). Like I legit actually "cared" about the character.

The ending was kinda confusing to me but still good.

I feel like this game actually needs DLC, can't say a sequel because can't see that happening anytime soon if ever, but it feels like a unfinished story and a world that really could be used for so much. It would be a shame if we never really get to return NC and surrounding area's and do more.

It's hard to rate this game, Its amazing and lackluster in parts at the same time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Great game but I feel like the end is kinda rushed?

I'll say this, I feel like Panam is probably the most engaging character I've dealt with in a game in a long long time (not counting FF7RE). Like I legit actually "cared" about the character.

The ending was kinda confusing to me but still good.

I feel like this game actually needs DLC, can't say a sequel because can't see that happening anytime soon if ever, but it feels like a unfinished story and a world that really could be used for so much. It would be a shame if we never really get to return NC and surrounding area's and do more.

It's hard to rate this game, Its amazing and lackluster in parts at the same time.

I feels like there are parts of it that feel very ambitious and i get the sense of a really polished, well thought out game, and then there are parts that feel like Ubisoft-ish.

You can feel the fact that it’s really not finished in certain parts.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I feels like there are parts of it that feel very ambitious and i get the sense of a really polished, well thought out game, and then there are parts that feel like Ubisoft-ish.

I'm not sure it would have been much more fleshed out than it already was even if they had spent another six months on it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm not sure it would have been much more fleshed out than it already was even if they had spent another six months on it.

Yeah I want to give the game a 9 because so many parts of it's amazing but I feel like a 8.5 is more fitting.

With that said it's still an amazing amazing experience. Granted, I can't see anyone on last gen hardware really enjoying it, its just too much and I mean that in regards to strictly loading times. I can't even imagine having to deal with load times.

Anyway, I think one of the games bigger problems is it just gets too easy. Compared to most rpg's I've played I never felt like I was in an area that I "shouldn't be in" or couldn't handle. And this was playing on the hardest difficulty.... and I one point I was clearing out everyone and everything without having to think. Which is cool, but there should always be area's, creatures, bosses and other things that make you want to max out your level and gear or feel like they can threaten you.

They also should have spent more time with the last act, maybe having you run into and check with people you've helped or romanced, I understand you were on a time line at that point but it went from zero to 100 really quick and felt kinda cheap. Also
they suck at killing people
and making it feel meaningful, anytime someone
died it felt
mehhhh.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Anyway, I think one of the games bigger problems is it just gets too easy. Compared to most rpg's I've played I never felt like I was in an area that I "shouldn't be in" or couldn't handle. And this was playing on the hardest difficulty.... and I one point I was clearing out everyone and everything without having to think. Which is cool, but there should always be area's, creatures, bosses and other things that make you want to max out your level and gear or feel like they can threaten you.

They also should have spent more time with the last act, maybe having you run into and check with people you've helped or romanced, I understand you were on a time line at that point but it went from zero to 100 really quick and felt kinda cheap. Also

That’s my criticism with every open world game.

It’s jarring in cyberpunk cause i felt like for a a long time i was getting slaughtered by everyone, and that made it feel like a big game still. I felt like I blinked an automatically became god mode and the game began to feel small reall quickly.

This was my main criticism with tsushima also.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
That’s my criticism with every open world game.

It’s jarring in cyberpunk cause i felt like for a a long time i was getting slaughtered by everyone, and that made it feel like a big game still. I felt like I blinked an automatically became god mode and the game began to feel small reall quickly.

This was my main criticism with tsushima also.

Yeah, it got stale as soon as I was able to hack through wells and cop some OD weapons

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
For these types of games there’s two ways to play them.

Either you go through and stick to the story and just the sides you come across. And then try different shyt on subsequent play throughs

Or

You try to do everything in one go.

If you chose the later, yes you will be OP by the end of the game and IMO you earned it.

By the end you are supposed to be a legend. The baddest dude Night City has ever seen. I think it makes sense you’d be untouchable at a certain point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For these types of games there’s two ways to play them.

Either you go through and stick to the story and just the sides you come across. And then try different shyt on subsequent play throughs

Or

You try to do everything in one go.

If you chose the later, yes you will be OP by the end of the game and IMO you earned it.

By the end you are supposed to be a legend. The baddest dude Night City has ever seen. I think it makes sense you’d be untouchable at a certain point.

By teh late game yeah I agree. Not 40 hours in with 40+ more to go

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was a great game, but people seem to be looking back at it with rose colored glasses
I don’t think so, sword fighting could of been more in depth but it’s story, characters, setting, side content & DLC were all amazing, it completely derserves the rep it has

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've said it before, The Witcher 3' story telling quest structure and world building is incredible.

The actual RPG gameplay (combat, upgrading, inventory management, level scaling) is very average.

A simple example that is in both The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk, why have 800 sorts of food with minimal differences in effect when most character builds don't need or require it? It just racks up your inventory full of clutter, emphasized further because these items don't have weight (but almost everything else in your inventory does), making it obvious that the devs know that shyt is unmanageable inventory management.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I can tell there was a major difference in quality between the prologue section with jackie and the rest of the game. like they had that part of the game finished since 2013 and were just polishing, until they finished writing the rest of the game. I legit feel like the Keanu aspect of the plot and all that follows was a later addition to the game. When you think about it back in 2013 Keanu's popularity had been waning since the matrix films and he hadn't had his resurgence yet with John Wick. Doesn't seem like he'd be a logical choice to put in your game back then. Now though of course. He probably got added at least a year or two into development.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
By teh late game yeah I agree. Not 40 hours in with 40+ more to go

I feel like people who did their due diligence to learn the game were god mode at the end because if you lean really hard into a build then that build pays off even tho its hard at the start.

People who werent sure what to do and were wishy washy on how they wanted to play and had a "balanced" build aren't going to feel like gods. So I think its fine. The story quests are way lower level than the sidequests also.

Let's also not forget that the game was built with DLC/expansions in mind and they may be for high level players.