"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You keep saying “immersion” and keep bringing up how pretty the NPCs look while completely dismissing how brain dead those same NPCs are.
A thing can be immersive for a multitude of reasons. I explained what makes it immersive to me.
No one has argued that the game (when is working properly) is nice to look at. It’s the claim of “immersion” that’s being argued.
it’s more than being pretty. The level of detail adds to the immersion. If the interior of the cars were not modeled with the level of detail that they are, it would not be as immersive. If I pulled up to a building and a cutscene started as opposed to me getting out the car and going up the elevator myself that would be less immersive.
For me to be “immersed” in a game, the game has to be believable at all times. Graphics plays a minor role in that equation. The way characters and the environment behave are the primary factor in “immersion”.
Then no game on earth is “immersive” then.

Obviously concessions are made and different games do different shyt better. The NPCs in spiderman are just as brain dead but y’all LOVE that game :stopitslime:
And you can’t just dismiss the bugs and sloppy controls when discussing immersion. You’re going in circles and always end back at the same point: You find the game pretty to look at and that’s all that matters to you. If that wasn’t the case you wouldn’t be applauding the games “destruction and physics”.
I didn’t dismiss any bugs, and you the only one with a problem with the controls. Maybe your fingers are sloppy :mjlol:

The game has a level of destruction and physics in the items that lots of games of this style do not. Deus Ex don’t even have cars or car crashes to compare it to. Most games like this don’t have destructible walls and physics based items within the world.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russ:

Aight were done. Here. Everyone stop replying to breh, definite trolling
You can’t provide one time stamp for one lie.

especially in the context of the what started our back and forth.

Now again, where in that video is it said or implies that NPCs have daily routines or that there will be random police chases??

Should be a simple answer as it’s so obvious to you :ohhh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You can’t provide one time stamp for one lie.

especially in the context of the what started our back and forth.

Now again, where in that video is it said or implies that NPCs have daily routines or that there will be random police chases??

Should be a simple answer as it’s so obvious to you :ohhh:

Go nuts. "One" lie :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Go nuts. "One" lie :mjlol:

callers having a fancy backround and filter

:mjlol:

Stop it breh.

There’s some here, but most of it is just reaching at normal changes through a games development. In the trailer it literally says some of the stuff is experimental and might not make the final cut. And none of it says or implies daily routines or random police chases, which is what started out back and forth.

This ones bad though
“We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community systems to create the most believable city in any open world to date" no comment” :huhldup:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
A thing can be immersive for a multitude of reasons. I explained what makes it immersive to me.

it’s more than being pretty. The level of detail adds to the immersion. If the interior of the cars were not modeled with the level of detail that they are, it would not be as immersive. If I pulled up to a building and a cutscene started as opposed to me getting out the car and going up the elevator myself that would be less immersive.

Then no game on earth is “immersive” then.

Obviously concessions are made and different games do different shyt better. The NPCs in spiderman are just as brain dead but y’all LOVE that game :stopitslime:

I didn’t dismiss any bugs, and you the only one with a problem with the controls. Maybe your fingers are sloppy :mjlol:

The game has a level of destruction and physics in the items that lots of games of this style do not. Deus Ex don’t even have cars or car crashes to compare it to. Most games like this don’t have destructible walls and physics based items within the world.
A game doesn’t have to be applauded for “immersion” to be fun. :comeon: Is this “immersion” going to be the end all be all now like ray tracing and 120fps? You started the claims of this being the most immersive game ever on this scale and people have brought up issue after issue refuting it but you keep circling back to how pretty you think the game looks.

You brought up spider man. I don’t consider that game to be the standard of immersion like you are claiming cyberpunk is. It has impressive elements throughout though. NPCs actually recognize you, some will stop and ask to take a selfie with you. But most of that Game Is around quick flashy combat and very few things lead you to spending time on the street level of the city.

And did you really bring up “destruction and physics” AGAIN when applauding cyberpunk?:gucci: You really are THAT impressed with the graphics on NPCs to COMPLETELY ignore the obvious mediocrity that is the “destruction and physics” in this game?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
callers having a fancy backround and filter

:mjlol:

Stop it breh.

There’s some here, but most of it is just reaching at normal changes through a games development. In the trailer it literally says some of the stuff is experimental and might not make the final cut. And none of it says or implies daily routines or random police chases, which is what started out back and forth.

This ones bad though
“We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community systems to create the most believable city in any open world to date" no comment” :huhldup:
Yeah. The crowd and community is incredibly believable. Driver will stop indefinitely if there is a car in front of them and people will eat a punch to the face and do nothing about it.
IMMERSION!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A game doesn’t have to be applauded for “immersion” to be fun. :comeon: Is this “immersion” going to be the end all be all now like ray tracing and 120fps? You started the claims of this being the most immersive game ever on this scale and people have brought up issue after issue refuting it but you keep circling back to how pretty you think the game looks.

You brought up spider man. I don’t consider that game to be the standard of immersion like you are claiming cyberpunk is. It has impressive elements throughout though. NPCs actually recognize you, some will stop and ask to take a selfie with you. But most of that Game Is around quick flashy combat and very few things lead you to spending time on the street level of the city.

And did you really bring up “destruction and physics” AGAIN when applauding cyberpunk?:gucci: You really are THAT impressed with the graphics on NPCs to COMPLETELY ignore the obvious mediocrity that is the “destruction and physics” in this game?
Again, I’ve laid out in detail why I feel the game is immersive.

Nothing more I can say to you. You keep harping on vehicle physics and NPC A.I. When I now have said dozens of times and agreed with you those things are weak.

It’s my perspective that other games with this level of detail and immersion DONT EVEN HAVE CARS OR AN OPEN WORLD TO CRITICIZE. So yes I can suspend belief a little on that stuff.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But most of that Game Is around quick flashy combat and very few things lead you to spending time on the street level of the city
So in spiderman you can suspend belief/criticism on some stuff because the focus of the game is elsewhere

But when I say that about Cyberpunk you can’t understand how it’s possible???:ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bullshyt.
Facts :manny:
Random NPC in Cyberpunk
aWxwAqx_700b.jpg

main character in tomb raider.

Jonah2.jpg

Im not in here just making stuff up:manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So in spiderman you can suspend belief/criticism on some stuff because the focus of the game is elsewhere

But when I say that about Cyberpunk you can’t understand how it’s possible???:ohhh:
What are you talking about now? :dwillhuh:
You are beating a drum saying cyberpunk is the most immersive game ever because of graphics. :pachaha:

I didn’t make any claim of Spider-Man being anymore or less immersive than anything. :what:You brought that game up. The only thing you’re immersed in right now is jelly.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Facts :manny:
Random NPC in Cyberpunk
aWxwAqx_700b.jpg

main character in tomb raider.

Jonah2.jpg

Im not in here just making stuff up:manny:

Thats not a random NPC. That's a very specific NPC in a specific location that is scripted to do a very specific thing. I saw the same thread on Reddit that you did, Meach.

How about you stop being a disingenuous gump and post a screenshot from an actual randomly generated NPC outside of V's apartment or around the corner from Fingers MD?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What are you talking about now? :dwillhuh:
You are beating a drum saying cyberpunk is the most immersive game ever because of graphics. :pachaha:
No didn’t say that. Either we are gonna have a honest conversation or not. I’d like you to stop misrepresenting what I say or we can just stop:manny:

I didn’t make any claim of Spider-Man being anymore or less immersive than anything. :what:You brought that game up. The only thing you’re immersed in right now is jelly.
As I said. All games make concessions for the goals they are trying to achieve.

You wouldn’t even pretend to care what NPCs are doing in spiderman cause there’s so much game elsewhere they only exist as window dressing for the world.

The same holds true for Cyberpunk, yet you somehow can’t understand how I’d hold that opinion:stopitslime:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thats not a random NPC. That's a very specific NPC in a specific location that is scripted to do a very specific thing. I saw the same thread on Reddit that you did, Meach.

How about you stop being a disingenuous gump and post a screenshot from an actual randomly generated NPC outside of V's apartment or around the corner from Fingers MD?

He’s just sitting there he has no specific model that model is used around the world. And even then he’s not a character that you interact with or has any story implications, you might not even see him in a play through and he’s more detailed than main characters in other games

The people standing next to him have the same level of detail.

Here’s a whole group of them
how-buggy-is-cyberpunk-2077-really-npcs-of-cyberpunk-2077.png

is that better for you???