"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Serious question, because I've always respected your opinions on video games.

What's the right time to put into a 5/10, 6/10, 7/10 rated video game?
it's a question of why you would play a game so long if you're not enjoying it. I'm not playing a game for 50+ hours if I don't really like it

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
it's a question of why you would play a game so long if you're not enjoying it. I'm not playing a game for 50+ hours if I don't really like it
It really depends.
This game for me at least is polarizing. I really enjoy the story so far, and the presentation is cool (I’m not as breathe taken with it as others are but I’m not mad if they love it) but I find myself having to constantly ignore glaring design issues as well as bugs to get enjoyment out of the game. I’ve pretty much had to decide to enjoy what the game does right and try not to focus so much on what I wish the game did differently. So yeah, all told I wouldn’t be surprised if I also end up with 30-40 hours into a game I might likely finish feeling was simply OK and nothing really special in terms of overall package. I’m ok with that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
For me it seems if the game is compelling enough to give it 40+ hours of your life you must be enjoying it.

Ive put 40+ hours into probably less than 10 games this gen. And all of them I really enjoyed my time with them.

I couldn’t imagine spending a bunch of time on something I’m not enjoying or something that’s disappointing to me.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
For me it seems if the game is compelling enough to give it 40+ hours of your life you must be enjoying it.

Ive put 40+ hours into probably less than 10 games this gen. And all of them I really enjoyed my time with them.

I couldn’t imagine spending a bunch of time on something I’m not enjoying or something that’s disappointing to me.
I finish most of the games I play
Especially stuff I bought at full price.
Usually I only buy stuff I know I'm gonna be really into though

I'd say I enjoy the moment to moment gameplay here more than Red Dead 2 (which was a massive disappointment for me) but I definitely think objectively the game is worse overall. And I put 80+ hours into Red Dead 2 and played all the way through the story and epilogue

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I finish most of the games I play
Especially stuff I bought at full price.
Usually I only buy stuff I know I'm gonna be really into though

I'd say I enjoy the moment to moment gameplay here more than Red Dead 2 (which was a massive disappointment for me) but I definitely think objectively the game is worse overall. And I put 80+ hours into Red Dead 2 and played all the way through the story and epilogue
Red dead was right on that line for me. I kinda had to will myself to complete it and after a while I did no side stuff at all just story missions.

It’s the opposite here, I’m almost 50 hours in and I still want to keep doing side stuff. There’s some obvious criticisms to be aimed at the game, but for what it does right, it adds up to a very fun and unique experience. Feels “next gen” in a way early “next gen” games usually do.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The level of detail to everything. Never really been a game world built like this with the intricacy of the buildings and neighborhoods. It’s been compared to GTA, but the actual city in GTA is very simple in comparison. Like in GTA to get a mission you just pull up to the marker and a cutscene starts. In Cyberpunk, you actually gotta park your car get on the elevator and go up to the persons apartment, and everything on the way is detailed and explorable instead of being a cutscene. It leads to a level of immersion we have not really seen in a game. Also the gameplay itself melds a couple different genres in a unique way we have not seen before. Most open world games like this you are more grounded, there’s little to no verticality, in cyberpunk you can climb pretty much everything within reason and there’s plenty to explore that way.

Basically it offers the level of detail and immersion of a linear cinematic game, with the level of player agency and options of an action title, with detailed RPG mechanics to tie it all together.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:
And I hate that they're called a "Faction" in the game.
I thought the VDB's had heavy weight, the actions of that quest have literally no bearing
on what follows.
:pachaha:

Man, this might be the most frustrating part of the game.

When Placide is explaining what their role in Night City is, along with their relationship with the Net, I was ready for them to be a big part of the game. And the game even seems to think so too. They're an absolutely crucial part of what leads into the events of the game. If you choose not to attack them at all throughout their mission, you taunt Placide for not being able to murk you, and he even texts you telling you to watch your back. So, clearly, SOMETHING of some sort was meant to happen at some point, but probably just wasn't finished.

Not to mention that in one of the prologues, Padre mentions that there's serious beef between the Patriots and Valentinos, but it's barely touched on again.

Not to mention that one of the endings sets up some absolutely wild shyt, and then just ends. :gucci: