"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No, it has not.

Look how many games you named.:mjlol:

You named like 30 games to point out individual things each game does better. Cyberpunk does ALL that shyt in one game. At 60fps and at a level of graphical detail/ fidelity none of those games would even dream of attempting.

Cyberpunk the most “next gen” thing you will be playing for a long time.:manny:
I don’t think it takes several different game COMBINED to do what cyberpunk does. I think each Skyrim, Deus ex, and fallout on their own do what cyberpunk does. (Hell Skyrim does everything cyberpunk does and even has VR if you want to talk about a true “next gen experience that hasn’t been done before”)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Skyrim offered an enormous world with the level of detail you’re describing
No the fukk it does not. Skyrim is a flat empty world, with little detail in anything. Repeated assets and textures all over the place. No destruction or physics based items in the world etc etc.

Y’all just saying dumb shyt. It’s cool if you aren’t as high on the game as I am but at least say factually correct shyt in your criticism.
Comparing this to GTA isn’t apples to apples, but if we did compare to GTA, then you would have to point out that GTA has MUCH better immersion in terms of the world itself feeling more alive with NPCs that actually behave more like people. Car damage in cyberpunk is a joke. Tires don’t even go flat if you shoot them and about half the time, you can be driving 150 mph on a motorcycle, hit something, and literally nothing will happen. Police ai is stupid and they magically see everything. NPCs have no responses other than running. Park a car in the street and other cars don’t bother to drive around it. There’s a laundry list of design flaws in cyberpunk like that which I won’t really dive into right now.
Yes GTA is based around open world sandbox stuff cyberpunk is not. Cyberpunk open world exists as scenery and glue to tie all of the missions and activities together. GTA open world is the game. So if you are gonna compare the two you also got list the multitude of things cyberpunk does and GTA does not.

Point is, for me, cyberpunk is in the lane of Skyrim, fallout, and dues ex and when you look at the things cyberpunk does well, the aforementioned games actually do better.
Yes it is in that lane, but it is also in GTA lane, and Dishonored, and even some of the super hero sims, with quality FPS mechanics.

All in one damn game.

You wouldn’t expect Skyrim to have better hacking stuff than Deus Ex as you wouldn’t expect Deus Ex to have better driving mechanics than GTA. But somehow Cyberpunk supposed to do all that and do it better :martin:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
No, it has not.

Look how many games you named.:mjlol:

You named like 30 games to point out individual things each game does better. Cyberpunk does ALL that shyt in one game. At 60fps and at a level of graphical detail/ fidelity none of those games would even dream of attempting.

Cyberpunk the most “next gen” thing you will be playing for a long time.:manny:

This is entirely on me for taking you seriously.

. I expect this to be dismissed with “but cyberpunk is doing this so it can’t be doing all that”.

Too late. :pachaha: I'll let yall have it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don’t think it takes several different game COMBINED to do what cyberpunk does. I think each Skyrim, Deus ex, and fallout on their own do what cyberpunk does. (Hell Skyrim does everything cyberpunk does and even has VR if you want to talk about a true “next gen experience that hasn’t been done before”)
but this is factually incorrect. Don’t really matter what you “think”

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree 100%. I expect this to be dismissed with “but cyberpunk is doing this so it can’t be doing all that”. Which is a fine argument, but we would have to just adjust and stop saying this game is doing things we’ve never seen before because we have and others have done it much better.
Again. NOT SAYING THE GAME SUCKS. Just disagreeing that this is a unicorn of a game that is raising any bars.

:francis:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No the fukk it does not. Skyrim is a flat empty world, with little detail in anything. Repeated assets and textures all over the place. No destruction or physics based items in the world etc
My brother we clearly aren’t playing the same game for you to say that CYBERPUNK does not have repeated assets and textures all over the place and to also some how give cyberpunk positive marks for “destruction and physics”. I could spend all day ripping this specific claim to shreds with video proof but I think you’re enjoyment of the game is clouding your perception a bit. There is NOTHING worth applauding cyberpunk for when it comes to “physics and destruction” or “textures and assets”. Just for a quick example; go drive a car 160 mph into another and report back to us with the level of immersive “physics and destruction” cyberpunk has.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
My brother we clearly aren’t playing the same game for you to say that CYBERPUNK does not have repeated assets and textures all over the place and to also some how give cyberpunk positive marks for “destruction and physics”. I could spend all day ripping this specific claim to shreds with video proof but I think you’re enjoyment of the game is clouding your perception a bit. There is NOTHING worth applauding cyberpunk for when it comes to “physics and destruction” or “textures and assets”. Just for a quick example; go drive a car 160 mph into another and report back to us with the level of immersive “physics and destruction” cyberpunk has.

You can see triplets of the same NPC regularly. And they dont have any AI either. I enjoyed the story of this but gameplay wise I feel I kust have bought a diff game than these cats saying this is next level immersion

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Come on man. We comparing it to Skyrim. All games will have repeated assets. Cyberpunk has the level of detail you would usually see in a linear uncharted style game, but set in an open world like Skyrim.

and you already said the car physics/destruction isn’t that detailed. My point is compared to Skyrim IT EXISTS. In Skyrim there is no such thing as physics based items and destruction in the world. Everything is static.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can see triplets of the same NPC regularly.
This holds true for literally every open world game with random NPCs. But somehow this “breaks immersion” in Cyberpunk :stopitslime: all while ignoring the fact that the random NPCs have a level of graphical detail and artistic care that’s usually reserved for main characters in those aforementioned games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Come on man. We comparing it to Skyrim. All games will have repeated assets. Cyberpunk has the level of detail you would usually see in a linear uncharted style game, but set in an open world like Skyrim.

and you already said the car physics/destruction isn’t that detailed. My point is compared to Skyrim IT EXISTS. In Skyrim there is no such thing as physics based items and destruction in the world. Everything is static.
I’ll concede that the overall presentation is much better than Skyrim but Skyrim was also released 10 years ago and for its time, it was also spoken of the way you’re speaking of cyberpunk. Of course cyberpunk LOOKS better but when I think of immersion in cyberpunk I’m looking for cars that actually take damage and motorcycles that consistently launch you to your death when you crash. I’m looking for controls that don’t feel clunky and distract from the experience (the opposite of immersion in the literal sense). I’d like AI that fights back when attacked instead of always running away. AI that would drive around my car when I leave it in the street. Tires that go flat when shot. Cops that actually have to be present to witness a crime before they chase you and cops smart enough to follow you down a street when you have 3 stars (what is the point of those stars anyway? Those cops NEVER present any kind of challenge).

Yes, cyberpunk is pretty to look at when it isn’t clipping, popping in textures late, leaving subtitles stuck on the screen, or making shadows and lights behave erratically. Those are things that I have chosen to ignore (even though for a game to be immersive it would have to get those points right as well) but what I have trouble ignoring is the lack of realistic physics, and lack of an even decent AI for npcs.

Also a complete side note: it’s a weird disconnect for me for a FPS to have so many guns thrown at you but they struggle terribly at range and to have to empty several magazines into an enemy for them to die. I’m playing on the hardest difficulty and it’s clear they want you to play entirely in stealth. Not mad at that, just that I would prefer that the guns were a more viable option throughout the fights. It’s an RPG though and I loved The Division so I’m familiar with bullet sponges. Just a random complaint/wish.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serious question, regarding world building and immersion: how much does it matter to some of you that the vast majority of the lore, and established world/environment was already done by Mike Pondsmith in developing the tabletop games?