"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The race questline is hilarious, especially when you realize that even if you're completely dusting the field, they'll sometimes treat them like cops and just teleport a few to your location. :dead:

The problem with me for melee is that the feedback felt off. Hits didn't feel weighty or impactful enough. And somehow the countering window feels too generous and too tight at the same time.

Yep you can literally see them teleport in right behind you on the mini map.
There are so many cut corners in this game it's crazy.

Why I don't like melee combat
Way too few animations - pretty much just a single 3 punch combo and a loaded up power punch. They should have added Doom 2016 style finishers (although not as gory obviously) here, it would've made it feel much more satisfying
The feedback on enemy hits is terrible - It's literally just rumble. The visual/audio feedback is complete trash on enemy hits and if it wasn't for the rumble and my health dropping I wouldn't even know I was getting hit half the time I am
Bad hit boxes - enemies hitting from 2 miles away while I'm dashing :stopitslime:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
The race questline is so garbage :mjlol: it was dope that the tracks were laid out that way and all but everything from the writing to the stupid leaning out the window shooting at nothing was jokes

Thats what you remember about that quest...cause I remember the talk about a specific surgery and I was like :hubie:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Thats what you remember about that quest...cause I remember the talk about a specific surgery and I was like :hubie:

That shyt was so out the blue lmao
It was brought up a single time out of fukking nowhere and then we never heard about it again

Talking about her husband and then she's like yeah oh btw he was there when
I got my gender reassignment
:dwillhuh:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
All of the memorable things in the game and that's what you latched onto huh
full

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I beat every gig, every quest, every side-quest, every ncpd scanner hustle, got to level 50, level 50 legendary guns, legendary cyberware. All that is left is to beat the ending the different ways, which I'll do tomorrow. :whew:

I like this game a lot. I think it's comparable to Fallout 4. Fallout 4 was a bit of a let down following Fallout 3 and NV, but it was still a good game. Likewise, Cyberpunk 2077 is a bit of a letdown following the Witcher 3, but it is still a good game.

I look forward to the DLC :ehh:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Agreed. The balance is all over the place.

But to answer your question about going Cold Blood early on, I did it, and you couldn't be more correct about choices altering play experience drastically early on. Depending on the encounter, it didn't really matter if I was under leveled or not, since I was hitting like a mack truck if I could line a headshot up. But if they're not going to include full respec options, they really should consider moving a perk like that further down the tree, and moving some of the other critical ones up just to balance things out.

I've seen respec at a ripperdoc for like 100k eddies. Does it not actually respec?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The race questline is hilarious, especially when you realize that even if you're completely dusting the field, they'll sometimes treat them like cops and just teleport a few to your location. :dead:

The problem with me for melee is that the feedback felt off. Hits didn't feel weighty or impactful enough. And somehow the countering window feels too generous and too tight at the same time.

I noticed that shyt too :mjlol:

The rubberbanding is atrocious.

It seemed obvious that driving and vehicles were supposed to be a big feature and focus in this game and they just didnt have enough time.

As is though it just is a good way to have variety in the gameplay. Same with braindance editing, which I don't hate but I don't particularly like either.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Yeah. I'm gonna start a second playthrough after I wrap up my first, and I seriously don't know how I won't spec into Intelligence and Cool.

Even if you don't plan on using quickhacks, breach protocol is the easiest of money. Just via hacking, I was able to pay Vik back before Act One was over. The only time I've dipped under 300K eddies since maybe the middle of Act Two was when I decided I was going to empty out vendors of epic and legendary item components.......to craft new versions of iconic gear so they were on level. Not to mention the debuffs you can hit enemies with, and automatically flipping turrets to your side and whatnot.

Even if you don't want to do ANY stealth, Cool is still worth it for the increased crit damage and resistances you get with each level of it. Not to mention the tons of benefits that Cold Blood provides. shyt really provides everything from resistances to increased damage, to extra armor, to attack speed......it's too powerful of a skill tree to ignore, regardless of how you play.
I left Cool alone completely. Kept it at 3. Roleplayed as a techy Nomad, kind of like a spellsword. I was disappointed until I got more tech weapons and realized how powerful Engineering was. Next playthrough, I'm going with a stealthy corpro with heavy Intelligence and Cool