"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Got a summary?

Basically the developers on the call are explaining to shareholders (represented by the Board of Directors) what went wrong. Doesn't sound like they're happy lol.

And it's not because of the money obviously. CDPR made bank even with people refunding. They care about their rep.

Which is why they should've said fukk these impatient internet lames and stockholders and did like Nintendo - we release when we're ready. Trying to please everyone got them fukked up. Software development is notoriously difficult when trying to plan for multiple platforms. Project management is hard enough when trying to satisfy so many stakeholders. CDPR is small and didn't have the manpower (if you remember their constant job openings for junior devs a few years back) to take on such an ambitious project.

The fact they came about ~90% of the way means they are going to be extremely valuable moving forward. This game isn't as bad as some are making it out to be. If I could easily invest in their stock I'd buy a whole bunch. A 30% stock price drop in a company that's still fundamentally the same development studio and that just pulled this off is a bargain of a lifetime.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I'm basically playing this game like I'm Claude from GTA3

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
This. Some of y 'all wanted GTA 2077 as opposed to an action RPG, cyberpunk, narrative-driven adventure game. The actual breadth of ability trees and the extent that you can apply them to this world is :mindblown:, and yet you don't feel like you're breaking the game because your opponents - and NPCS - have access to the exact same tech that you do. Once you invest your time (which is what you expect to do in any RPG game ever made) the gameplay opens up to the point where you damn near can play like a superhero on some Crackdown type shyt if you wanted to. This is waaay beyond GTA's scope gameplay wise, it's more like choose your own playstyle in a ridiculously detailed open world that gives you a ton of side missions to experiment with different approaches & mechanics. The gunplay in this game is worlds better than GTA and the hacking is worlds better than Watch Dogs.

I understand folks being disappointed if they're playing this on consoles (I'm playing on PC w/ RTX 2080 & i9 9900k) but in terms of the amount of fun I've had already (I'm still in the middle of the 2nd act, have spent a lot of time on side content) this game is easily 9/10. Honestly I haven't ran into too many bugs either, I had one gig side-quest where a hostage I had to collect glitched, and one time when a character endlessly repeated their canned "waiting for a response" dialogue after the conversation had already ended. Aside from that, this has been everything I wanted out of an action RPG and more :wow: This game is ambitious, fun af, incredible graphics and the story delivers on drama & worldbuilding, this is Deus Ex on crack.

Real shyt. I didn't fukkin want some goofy gta shyt. I wanted an rpg with fully fleshed out rpg gameplay mechanics and solid fps mechanics. And I got just that

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
35 hours in and so far
It’s a great game:ehh::ehh:
The story gets more interesting as I play:ehh::ehh: I have no idea how this story could conclude:wow::wow:
The side characters are memorable:ehh::ehh:
This might be the most unpolished video game in history:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
I can’t count how many times it crash:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So hard to come by money. I kinda want the legendary OS but I feel like traversal will be so much more fun with the ankles. :lupe:
Nah, you need it.... Its essential. I can't believe I was ever strolling around with 4 RAM in my head. You can't even effect some of the leveled up enemies and defense systems with less than 6 some times. Plus it gives you a bigger buffer (more sequence selections) in the hacking minigame thing. Makes it possible to easily lock up all 3 datamining options - not just one. Having more than just two quickhacking options is a necessity too.

When I'm sneaking into a compound I got 4 or 5 hacks going at once sometimes. It'll pay for itself faster than anything else. Just opens up so much of the game... I had it before doing the first heist and I can't imagine doing it with the standard version.

shyt, its actually dope too because in some of the boss fights I'll be having a sword fight while having a quickhack fight at the same time :wow:

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
I have not had a single crash since I started playing (PC). I'm playing on very hard, the earlier part of the game when I had very few perks and cyberware was tough but right now with projectile launcher cyberware and legendary Katana, this shyt is a breeze.
Projectile launcher is stupid OP.