"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Unless you do nothing but hack, you shoot shyt, you loot said bodies. All drops are randkmized and your damage is predicated mostly on pure dps. Am I missing something? Sounds like the classical defintion of a looter shooter to me

My statement wasnt even a knock on the game and yet look how defensive yall got. Telling :mjlol:
Calling this a “looter shooter” is like calling GTA a racing game and complaining about how it doesn’t hold up to Forza :mjlol:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Stop it. We were clearly not talking about bugs :stopitslime:

If the “night city wires” were showing you gameplay.

How the hell did they advertise something that wasn’t there?? :dahell: they showed exactly what to expect in the game.

Specifically whats missing that they advertised? Not some vague jewelz answer. Give a specific thing they hyped up and is not there?

The gun mechanics suck. The game is no more immersive in 1st person than it would have in 3rd. Keanu is out of place. Night City is meh. In fact it's boring. The music sucks. Your character class doesn't mean jack shyt ultimately. So far me being a Nomad has only given me extra dialog options every now and then. Character creation is pointless. I like the game, I'm having fun, but it doesn't live up to the hype. In fact it just meets the expectations of a AAA game. The main thing saving it for me is the story.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Calling this a “looter shooter” is like calling GTA a racing game and complaining about how it doesn’t hold up to Forza :mjlol:

That's pretty large leap in logic breh. I didn't even say it wasn't effective as a looter shooter either so I don't get where the vitriol is coming from.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
???

I don’t think that’s how refunds works...sounds like baseless wishful thinking

:skip:

Its a good faith move.

In the email - they are asking people to wait for patches but if you cant wait, they are offering a refund.

This is directly from the developer, not BestBuy, Target etc..

They want you to keep the game so you will eventually continue playing it so they can push and sell dlc etc...They are banking on that eventually, you will like it.

Think smarter bro.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's pretty large leap in logic breh. I didn't even say it wasn't effective as a looter shooter either so I don't get where the vitriol is coming from.
There’s no vitriol. Words matter.

This is not a looter shooter at all.

Every game that has loot and guns is not a looter shooter.

Just like every game with stats isn’t an rpg, and every game with cars isn’t a racer.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its a good faith move.

In the email - they are asking people to wait for patches but if you cant wait, they are offering a refund.

This is directly from the developer, not BestBuy, Target etc..

They want you to keep the game so you will eventually continue playing it so they can push and sell dlc etc...They are brttjnh that eventually, you will like it.

Think smarter bro.

Well, try it and see what happens and let us know.

I’m assuming CDPR knows thats most people are just posturing with the refunds and if they do refund the game they will go back and buy it after the patches, next gen version, or DLC, or online mode drops.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The gun mechanics suck. The game is no more immersive in 1st person than it would have in 3rd. Keanu is out of place. Night City is meh. In fact it's boring. The music sucks. Your character class doesn't mean jack shyt ultimately. So far me being a Nomad has only given me extra dialog options every now and then. Character creation is pointless. I like the game, I'm having fun, but it doesn't live up to the hype. In fact it just meets the expectations of a AAA game. The main thing saving it for me is the story.

No. Because I was lucky enough to get a PS5, and I can play my PS4 copy, of the game on it.

So you’re just content with playing and constantly complaining about games you find no joy in? :hhh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finished Act 1 today and the game has been a glitchy mess since. :snoop:

Had to reload broken side missions three times, in some areas textures started taking ten seconds to pop in and I fell through a floor into a building with invisible walls I couldn't go through. Then I fell into oblivion and the game respawned me in the same glitched out room.:snoop:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
There’s no vitriol. Words matter.

This is not a looter shooter at all.

Every game that has loot and guns is not a looter shooter.

Just like every game with stats isn’t an rpg, and every game with cars isn’t a racer.

you clear a room out and whats left? dozens of drops of loot with varying stats. you see a pistol, its dps is higher than the one you currently own. there is no logical reason not to pick up that pistol and replace your old one besides you like the old ones aesthetics. How is that not a looter shooter? Yes there are perks and such tied into this that have rpg elements but outside of several they are once again purely dps based. How is this not more akin to a borderlands than a skyrim?