"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I was curious to see what deals there were for cyberpunk even tho I think you posted the wrong link and see that BB has a B2G1 deal going on...tempted to pick up this, valhalla and 2k...will even out to about $40 a game...still feel that’s too high for valhalla and 2k tho since I’m not rushing to play them anytime soon...they might be a lot cheaper by the time I’m ready to play them...think I’ll wait

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This feels different from The Witcher 3. Not exactly the same kind of quest setup. Partially due to the source material. While Geralt could get contracts from a source or the board, this game really shoves it in your face because there is a constant dialogue with the fixers - and you don't build a relationship with any of them (so far).

I've been thinking about it some more and I think I found "the problem". I'm still only in Act 2 so if anyone is past this point you can chime in. However, I still think this is a good guess. This is not story related but just don't want to ruin it for people who haven't played yet:

As you move around the map, there is no real difference between the areas. A big part of the lore is the way the different districts of the city function. So far, I can't tell when I'm in a new area if the popup doesn't show. It's like Night City is great as a whole but the individual parts are lacking something.

This brings me to the real issue: The Gangs. There is no difference in fighting a Maelstrom group from a Tyger Claws group from the Animals. No distinguishing features. No unique combat loops so you'd have to plan for different factions' strengths and weaknesses. This isn't a bad thing by itself, but combined with the way the city is it just seems to standout as an inconsistency. This also speaks to the way the Lifepaths just don't shine at all: None of the characters really react to you being a Corpo outside of the main missions. It's just a weird dynamic.

Yeah I thought being corpo would have some great impact on the game but outside of a few choices in dialog...not really...

Even when I am dealing with a corpo person in a meeting and I get a corpo specific dialog I think only one of them has ever made a real difference...

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Im seriously done with this game..

At this point its fun factor is finding out how broken it is

They do crazy damage. It's more like if you have a knife you have a silent option to blow an enemies head off

They don't just let you their knives all day. The skill is pretty low priority rather than an entire play style

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Brehs... this game... :mindblown: I literally am speechless. This is SO far beyond anything I've seen before in terms of world building, visual detail, lighting, density... its mind boggling how much work they had to put into this just to get THIS experience to work. When it works, it really, really fukkin works... that being said, like some reviews pointed out, it is a little disappointing that a lot of the street vendors, businesses, etc. are not interactable. It looks incredible, but it would've felt next-level if there was a practical gameplay reason to interact with more of the environment.

I knew there was something bothering me about this game. There isn't even ONE pork bun vendor. :mindblown: Literally unplayable. :hhh:

E6d2I3i.gif

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Brehs... this game... :mindblown: I literally am speechless. This is SO far beyond anything I've seen before in terms of world building, visual detail, lighting, density... its mind boggling how much work they had to put into this just to get THIS experience to work. When it works, it really, really fukkin works... that being said, like some reviews pointed out, it is a little disappointing that a lot of the street vendors, businesses, etc. are not interactable. It looks incredible, but it would've felt next-level if there was a practical gameplay reason to interact with more of the environment.

Definitely getting the hang of the camera mode now, I wish they allowed you to control the opacity of the filters though. I seldom ever use them because, at full strength, they mostly look over the top. Regardless, this "world" must be seen to be believed... kudos to CDPR for the best urban open world ever made, hands down.

50713210268_4089c0cccf_b.jpg

50714035937_38203a9678_b.jpg

50713939976_e07c65b812_b.jpg

50714019542_6650efb88e_b.jpg

50713203583_3fffa5d031_b.jpg

50713206393_7cbea1a0bb_b.jpg

50714020882_77aaa60988_b.jpg

50713220263_53f20933b1_b.jpg

50713958881_73a580082a_b.jpg
50713955436_0c18141511_b.jpg

50713958031_df360b2060_b.jpg
Imma support, I feel like when they drop the next game, they will have a way bigger budget and will do even better than before :salute:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I honestly don’t understand how people can not enjoy the core gameplay of this. Or even admire the scope of the city.

If you’re fed up with glitches or crashes thats understandable. I was getting annoyed with crashes yesterday and if it was any other game i probably would have went and watched tv or something but no way, this game is addicting.

I mean sure there are some little oversights like the haircut thing but it’s literally in FPP, that is such a huge nitpick lol. also, you want to be able to interact with every npc and vendor AND have huge crowd density? That’s just not realistic. CDPR are magicians for even getting this game running on 7 year old hardware, the ultra PC game, without mods is the best looking game I’ve ever seen.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
I'm deleting this game for the time being

It's not bad at all but certainly not the game changer not was hyped to be...as far as gameplay goes

Outside of the graphics which look incredible on the pc...I'm not having as much fun as I thought I would... largely because the choices you make don't have a big impact on the game as advertised

You still get the same scripted event with a little change in dialogue...doesn't seem to matter what life path I chose....

I made it past the interlude and I feel like I'm playing GTA to be honest

It's a real cool game but I wanna go back and finish demon souls and horizon, I'll go back to it but it's not game of the decade or anywhere close :yeshrug:

Asiatic Black Hebrew

Zulu passenger out of Africa
Daps
Bruh I accidentally picked Angel when I went to the clouds :dame: said the safe word quick as hell

I keep saying people say this but it literally shows you a picture of them both when you're picking & angel is CLEARLY a dude :mjlol:
I don't see how yall making this mistake :dead: