"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
more proof that a lot of people rushed the game for a review...

"As was the case in The Witcher series, side quests are not so much short deviations from the main story, but instead serve as complimentary pieces that overlap and intertwine with its narrative. They make Cyberpunk more about the journey and less about the destination. Having bypassed many of them in a bid to get through the campaign for the sake of this review, I learned the hard way that this may not have been the best approach; after roughly 36 hours, I watched end credits roll and by that time I had barely unlocked half of the perks available to any one of the character traits available. I fell well short of earning enough eddies (aka currency) to apply more than just a few cybernetic enhancements to my character. It left me feeling that either the game has some serious issues with balancing, or perhaps I just didn’t play it “the right way”. Looking over the quest log — which shows the tasks I’ve yet to complete — I’d estimate roughly a further 20 or 30 hours of gameplay could come from side quests alone. In short, take your time with this one. '

So play on hard and soak it all up Choombas!"

Cyberpunk 2077 Review: Toss an eddie to your fixer

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
EoptMPqXIAglWVe

If Trans-men are men and Trans-women are women [according to them]. then why should they have to disclose they're trans? :dwillhuh:

Maybe there were trans characters they came across that just didn't "say" they were trans? :ohhh:

Bu-bu-bu-but what about nonbinaries :damn:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just ignore the trans talk they're not going away
not bothering my excitement for the game either

ya I’m still flabbergasted why this is a talking point that dudes are acknowledging...it’s gonna be a small segment of actual gamers bothered by this “issue” and a relatively “larger” number of ppl who had no intention playing the game supporting the stance

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I expect the combat should be a bit better that Fallout 4

Not really. This is based on a pen-n-paper RPG set in a vibrant densely populated city. Combat, actually, shouldn't happen all that often. If anything, players get more out of the game avoiding or searching for alternatives to combat. Especially when juxtaposed to a sparsely populated, post-nuclear wasteland with little to no laws and massively mutated wildlife.

Not say that excuses "bad" combat, but this isn't a shooter...its an RPG that has shooter elements. You can't expect it to handle like CoD. But this is my 10000 foot, no console code having ass take.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This political shyt rings hollow to me.
The same people crowing on about the lack of trans representation or how
the tiger claws are represented seemingly take no issue with an entire group of
Haitian (BLACK) American immigrants partaking in a gang called the Voodoo boys.
That's NOT problematic but yah know, the game doesn't have trans flags or whatever.

All I'm saying is, if that's REALLY how you feel, the criticism needs to be consistent
across the board. Don't half-step on what may or may not be offensive. And this is something
I've noticed with the groups who make these sorts of criticisms.

It's like they don't even realize that the valentino's and voodoo boys are just as couched in old
school racial tropes as the Tiger Claws or that the hyper sexual nature of Cyberpunk is supposed
to make you feel some type of way (whether it's aimed at Men, Women or "Nonbinaries").

Meh.
Again.
Feels like people playing at being "progressive" with being critical of "of the times" politically unacceptable
imagery while blatantly ignoring other shyt that could obviously and rightfully be construed that way.

Last edited: