"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not a year ago but two, it was the first gameplay trailer they dropped. Since then they have cut various things from the final version of the game. You initially could run on walls while engaged in gunplay, slide on the floor etc...... in essence gun kata.

Every single game that has ever been released has cut content. Especially when you look at game this long in development. And you can still slide, you just can’t cling to walls anymore.

Yes but it wasn’t as widely anticipated as this game so backlash wasn’t as big.

And you feel the same way about red dead redemption 2, that had just as long of a development cycle and a bigger delay? It was originally planned for fall 2017 and ended up coming out fall 2018, after two delays.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed again

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every single game that has ever been released has cut content. Especially when you look at game this long in development. And you can still slide, you just can’t cling to walls anymore.

And you feel the same way about red dead redemption 2, that had just as long of a development cycle and a bigger delay? It was originally planned for fall 2017 and ended up coming out fall 2018, after two delays.

I got no horse in the race, but R* and CDPR are not the same imo and a comparison is disingenuous unless you a real Witcher fan, which I assume a majority aren't considering there might as well only be one game in the series :lolbron: point being based on track record, if Red Dead was a bust, that's one of very few from R* and would have been a legit surprise. If Cyberpunk is a bust, that's essentially half their library, and the first one released with real expectations :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that’s not some “grand” statement...why the fukk would they??? :mjlol:

It wasn’t meant to be a grand statement. It just means that CDPR know better than to put out a game because “fan backlash” which doesn’t mean shyt at the end of the day. People will meme and be pissy and send fake death threats over them not releasing the game but will be pacified the moment it installs on their console. None of it means anything aside from the final product.

I got no horse in the race, but R* and CDPR are not the same imo and a comparison is disingenuous unless you a real Witcher fan, which I assume a majority aren't considering there might as well only be one game in the series :lolbron: point being based on track record, if Red Dead was a bust, that's one of very few from R* and would have been a legit surprise. If Cyberpunk is a bust, that's essentially half their library, and the first one released with real expectations :russ:

Not sure what that has to do with anything. The comparisons are drawn form them both being major AAA games with a lot of hype behind them. It doesn’t matter if it’s their 50th game or 4th the delays are there to improve the game not spite the fans so the outrage is unwarranted either way.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

Absolutely I agree things are cut prior to release I was just pointing out that the hype reached a peak after the release of the initial demo. Regarding the delays it was CDPR that brought it on themselves providing a guarantee that the previous release date was the last. Also with less than a month until the release date they pushed it back yet again. I don’t recall Rockstar pushing RDR2 back with less than a month until release. shyt just comes across as sloppy and disorganised.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Absolutely I agree things are cut prior to release I was just pointing out that the hype reached a peak after the release of the initial demo. Regarding the delays it was CDPR that brought it on themselves providing a guarantee that the precious release date was the last. Also with less than a month until the release date they pushed it back yet again. I don’t recall Rockstar pushing RDR2 back with less than a month until release. shyt just comes across as sloppy and disorganised.

This is why i think they were playing chicken with release dates. They were waiting to see if ubi moved and they didn’t.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure what that has to do with anything. The comparisons are drawn form them both being major AAA games with a lot of hype behind them. It doesn’t matter if it’s their 50th game or 4th the delays are there to improve the game not spite the fans so the outrage is unwarranted either way.

You compared them and I said why I disagreed with the comparison itself. You referred to the same energy not being kept, so I said what I think the difference in perception is. Outrage is always gonna be unwarranted unless lives or livelihoods are on the line; it’s fukkin video games :russ: this shyt is WWE

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Yeah, i still think with the new console hype train and all the game reviews dying down by the 10th cyberpunk kind of lives on an island to have a bunch of media attention all to itself. shyt the demon souls reviews just dropped and other games still have a bunch of reviews left for them. On top of the console reviews and articles and attention that is inevitably gonna come with failed systems, its just very crowded.

When cyberpunk drops, there’s pretty much nothing else worth talking about aside from that trash Phoenix rising game

That shyt low key looks like a cartoony off-brand version of Horizon :mjlol: