"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
what about the combat?

do we trust CDPR to be able to make engaging gunplay?

Based on the latest gameplay video combat looks ass to me, just another FPS. I am hoping things are being held back, I want some bullet time. It would be great if melee and gun play could be mixed together. Imagine shooting someone in the head and someone pulls up on you from behind only for you to spin around and kick them before they react. Of course due to the difficulties in implementing such a feature it should only be possible in bullet time mode or something.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I think people looking for a really above average FPS game are probably gonna be disappointed. Like anyone looking for a really good hack n'slash combat in witcher 3 was.

The draw of the game is gonna be first and foremost that it's a role playing game with a ton of world building, customization, and compelling sidequest. People still say the worst part about witcher 3 is the combat and I honestly really enjoy it so my expectations are firmly in check.

There is more to the Witcher 3 gameplay than mere hack and slash, that game was great because you actually had to take on a role of a Witcher. Using the right potion, right spells or right swords was integral to how you took on the monsters.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Based on the latest gameplay video combat looks ass to me, just another FPS. I am hoping things are being held back, I want some bullet time. It would be great if melee and gun play could be mixed together. Imagine shooting someone in the head and someone pulls up on you from behind only for you to spin around and kick them before they react. Of course due to the difficulties in implementing such a feature it should only be possible in bullet time mode or something.

None of the video's I've seen make me want to play the game, and I've watched them all. None of them look bad of course, either they aren't showing much of the content on purpose or I wonder if we are going to have another watch dog case on our hands where features and things are removed.

Anyway

The combat looks mad generic FPS, it's not a shooter, but looks more like a shooter than a RPG and at the same time looking less like a RPG and more like a shooter... Not even sure how they managed to pull that off.

I could make a laundry list of concern's I have. IDK, I just can't see the game living up to the hype it's created for me personally. Something feels very off about the game, i'm sure by the time they do a part 2 they will nail everything though.

I'll be curious to see if they can pull off a better deus ex mankind divided, gameplay and combat wise, that's a tall order and from what I've seen I don't see it happening, but I'd love to be wrong.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There is more to the Witcher 3 gameplay than mere hack and slash, that game was great because you actually had to take on a role of a Witcher. Using the right potion, right spells or right swords was integral to how you took on the monsters.

Exactly. That’s what makes it a good role playing game, and i expect the same from cyberpunk. I feel like people are treating cyberpunk like its just supposed to be a shooter