"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
People are flipping out over this shyt. This whole situation is funny because last week you had gamers saying this developer could do no wrong, how they are the gold standard, and they would day one any game they made. Now it turns out that their new game isn't simply a reskinned Witcher and gamers are talking boycott, the developer has lost their way, etc.....

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Supposedly gameplay will be over at IGN in 20 minutes but I don't expect it. The host said they will have gameplay but it seems like they are keeping the game private because there is FPS drops.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
For me personally, I don't see the point in being able to customize a character visual looks in first person. Whats the point if I'm just going to see his arms :manny:
Maybe during convos they show your character :yeshrug:

That was one of my beefs with the latest Far Cry though. Why imma spend all that money on outfits when you legit never get to see your character :pachaha:

Edit: More info

About the Game

In 2077, America is in pieces. Megacorps control life in all its aspects from the top floors of their sky-high fortresses. Down below, drug-pushing gangs, dirty-tech hustlers, and slingers of illicit braindances run the streets. The world in between is where decadence, sex, and pop culture mix with violent crime, extreme poverty, and the unattainable promise of the American Dream.

In a world where you have no future, what matters is that you control who you are. To survive and protect your independence, you modify your body with advanced cyberware and take jobs others would never dare. You choose to live free, bound by no systems or controls—the only rules you obey are your own. Because you’re a Cyberpunk.

In Cyberpunk 2077 you play as V—a hired gun on the rise and you just got your first serious contract. In a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners, and corporate lifehackers, today you take your first step towards becoming an urban legend.

-- Become a street mercenary of the future… --

Create a hero able to survive in America’s most dangerous megacity.

• Create Your Own Cyberpunk Your name is V, and you can be anyone you want to be. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature full character customization, with gender, appearance, and personal background all affecting the shape of your game. As you progress. you’ll develop skills in urban warfare and network hacking, as well as modify your body with cyberware like infra-red eyes or neural reflex boosters.
  • Fluid Class System – Become a Netrunner. Techie or Solo.. or a mix of all three. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t impose any player roles and allows all available classes.
  • See Night City Through Your Eyes – Cyberpunk 2077 brings first-person perspective back to the role-playing genre. Deep narrative immersion is a key design priority, and you’ll experience the story of the game’s protagonist entirely through their eyes.

• Interactive Dialogue Control – You’re a participant, an agent, not an observer. Cyberpunk 2077 features an interactive dialogue system that gives players maximum control during conversations—comment on an uncooperative character’s tattoo to please them, or end a conversation early with a well-placed bullet. The choice is always yours.

• Game Noir – With its mature approach to storytelling, Cyberpunk 2077 adopts elements of noir cinema and inserts them into the future of video games. Without a clear definition of what’s good or evil, in Cyberpunk 2077 you’ll make hard choices to define yourself in a city that wants to bring you to your knees.
-- …and enter the most decadent megacity… --

Night City is a playground for dreamers, an urbarn jungle that offers luxury excess… or a bullet to the brain if you mess with the corporations.
  • Go Anywhere, Do Anything – Cyberpunk 2077 is fully open-world, which means Night City is yours for the taking – if you’re prepared. With 6 distinct districts to explore, hundreds of buildings and thousands rooms to enter, and dozens of miles of roads to hit, there are always places to be and things to do.

• You’re Worth What You Have – The world of cyberpunks is all about your gear. Wear designer clothes, buy (or steal) cars, and acquire black market military tech to help you during your missions. Then use blood money to invest in properties all around the city.

• Jack In, Run the Net – Night City is fully connected and offers countless cyberspace access terminals. As you explore the Net, you’ll discover layers of hidden systems, firewalls, and security programs deployed to fry your brain. During missions, you’ll clash with hostile netrunners defending corporate megabuildings—both in cyberspace and in the real world.
Xbox One, PC, and is expected to be a cross-gen release, or in other words, release on the PS5 and next Xbox as well.

For more details on the game, a slab of unofficial information recently surfaced. You can read more about said info right here.

• CD Projekt describes the game as a “first-person RPG.”
  • Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene.

• You play a character named V (as in the letter).

• V can be a man or a woman.

• The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.

• These stats are all pulled from the original tabletop RPG.

• You can drive cars in the game, and seemingly toggle between first and third person during this.

• While driving in first-person, the U.I. appears diegetically on the windshield.

• CD Projekt also described Cyberpunk as a “mature experience intended for mature audiences.”

• Like Witcher, you take missions from NPCs and have dialogue options in conversations.

• It’s an open world that you open up more with “street cred.” For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places.

• Completing a quest levels up your street cred.

• The UI in the demo is extremely minimal at — just a light compass and a small quest log.

• UI expands during combat — enemies have names, health bars, and what appear to be levels.

• Some enemies have question marks instead of levels, possibly meaning they’re much higher level than you.

• Damage numbers pop up during combat.

• There’s a bullet-time-like ability that allows you to slow down time.

• CD Projekt keeps emphasizing that choices have consequences, in the moment and to the world at large.

• Obstacles have several solutions depending on your skills. For example, V got to a door, but his hacking skill was too low. However, his engineering skill was high enough, so he could open a panel and bypass the door.

• There’s an inspection system lets you look super close at items and learn more about lore.

• You use an inhaler to heal.

• Gunplay feels slower than Doom or Borderlands, but faster than Fallout 4.

• CD Projekt showed off some late-game abilities, including mantis-like blade arms and wall running.

• A boss fight against a dude in an exoskeleton was shown. This included sliding under cars and taking cover.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Which I'm prob gonna skip. So no thanks

You're not going to want to do that. When I played Witcher 3 I skipped a lot in the beginning and let it play though once when I did something. I liked what I saw and after I left the starting area the game gave me the :ohhh: face countless times. The interactions in that game are greater than any other game.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
:what: @ this bytching about a fukking camera perspective...

Worse than when you clown ass nikkas said Skyrim had better melee combat than W3...

EVERYBODY who seen this game in motion has said it's absolutely ridiculous...Rockstar level attention to detail on a massive scale...Gameplay sounds like Matrix shyt, running on walls, slow mo...etc...

Game is auto-copped...

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:what: @ this bytching about a fukking camera perspective...

Worse than when you clown ass nikkas said Skyrim had better melee combat than W3...

EVERYBODY who seen this game in motion has said it's absolutely ridiculous...Rockstar level attention to detail on a massive scale...Gameplay sounds like Matrix shyt, running on walls, slow mo...etc...

Game is auto-copped...
Have fun breh, we aint buying this shyt :yeshrug:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The absurd shyt im reading concerning the camera angle has moved this game to a must cop for me. People are literally saying "Im just disappointed because i had so many different builds and characters planned out and now i wont be able to experience them". So hold up, you had builds already set up for a game that had no footage or information released prior to yesterday? That shyt is so shameful im embarrassed to enjoy the same hobby as some of you.