"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Has anyone ever pulled off good melee combat in a FPS game? I know there’s games like dishonored and mirrors edge but I haven’t played them. Just seems like it’s kind of hard to do for any developer:ld:
For me Shadow warrior 1/2 and mirrors edge also Mirror's Edge: Catalyst hand to hand combat is :banderas: but really the true is no first person game that is not completely center around melee/hand to hand combat is going to be :banderas: the best you can hope for is that it :ehh: so long as the hand to hand combat is elder scroll skyrim/fallout 4 level of good I cool with it :yeshrug:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Has anyone ever pulled off good melee combat in a FPS game? I know there’s games like dishonored and mirrors edge but I haven’t played them. Just seems like it’s kind of hard to do for any developer:ld:

Both those examples have good melee combat, bethesda games do good melee combat depending on who you ask, doom has good finishers, not so much melee combat tho.

Theres a few obscure ones like

^ to this day I've never seen FPS melee combat done better and that came out in 08.

And I wanna say there was a LotR game that I can't seem to find gameplay of that I thought had good melee combat.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

combat looking mid :francis:

Yeah I knew hand-to-hand was gonna be trash from the jump :pachaha:

Not saying its CDPR's fault cause it's a hard concept to pull off in a FP game. Just another reason the game should have a third-person toggle:troll:

Edit: Heard they just scrapped the wall-running mechanic too...

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
No car customization, wall running or subway system anymore? :huhldup:

They’re taking a lot of shyt from the game. Looks like they were too ambitious :francis:
Hopefully it can be added after the game is released, but i do not understand why car and home customization was removed.

Last edited: