Cyberpunk 2077 has lost 79% of its players since launch

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The world isn't even built for that type of roleplaying.

In Fallout New Vegas, progressing with certain groups would cause opposing groups to become hostile towards you. You HAD to choose who you wanted to run with, it added replay value when you wanted to see the quest line for other groups.

In cyberpunk, there is literally no consequences for working with certain groups like the police. These gangs supposed to have real beef but act like the opps dont exist in game, you're free to do everything and nobody gives a shyt. You could be murdering yellow claws for moxes, then do a few gigs with them like the shyt didnt happen. You can do gigs for the police and none of the gangs treat you like the rat you are.

Theres a real lack of hard permanent choices you have to make in the game, disappointing considering that those type of choices were what made witcher 3 so great as an rpg.
Don’t nobody wanna replay an entire game just to see a couple different missions breh. And I don’t know why you bring up the Witcher here as it’s missions and choices are structured pretty similar to Cyberpunk.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the game. But there were some areas where in had some major jank and AI issues.

I wish some of these sites and blogs would have done a quality post mortem looking at the whole situation with the game's launch. Instead of doing goofy videos like having a gun expert talk about the guns in the game.

These sites sent their reviewers to a preview event where they played for 16 hours. And then wrote previews about the game. And then talked about their experience on podcasts. Then they reviewed the game under conditions defined by CDPR and couldn't use their own footage until after the game came out. They could talk about things like that. Instead of merely being another marketing apparatus for the publishers.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
you've been hating on the game since before it came out. have you played it, or are you still mad cause resetera said it's transphobic?

Nope, but i've seen enough to know that this isn't the game you stans gassed up for 7 years.

I've not played Superman 64 to know it's trash so don't try and play that card.

And it was genuienly one of my most anticipated games at the start of the year. But I heard enough and seen enough to know not to waste my money.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
i don't respect it because he attacked others first then came to his senses

less fanboy kneejerk reactions going forward would be dope.
Yep then he even back-pedaled about Miles Morales. It's like what's so hard about observing shyt for what it's is and calling a spade a spade rather than stanning off of high hopes?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i don't respect it because he attacked others first then came to his senses

less fanboy kneejerk reactions going forward would be dope.

Yep then he even back-pedaled about Miles Morales. It's like what's so hard about observing shyt for what it's is and calling a spade a spade rather than stanning off of high hopes?

I don’t remember asking for your respect. :rudy:

My feelings about the game haven’t drastically changed, I’ve always been critical of it. My problem was always with people camping the thread just trolling and posting GTA videos. I said multiple times throughout the thread i i had issues with it but nikkas just ignore that cause they wanted to go back and forth. I reven wrote out a semi-formal review when i was finished rating it around an 87 and my answer is it’s still an 8. It’s a fun game, not life changing.

I put it on fallout 4 level, which is just a good game. If they heavily improve upon everything it could be a 9. It’s still worth playing imo I’m just not going back and forth with people about it anymore.:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
these dudes don't even have to game most likely. or played 2 hours and just suck at video games and stopped
i know someone in real life who said the beginning had too much reading and listening and threw it in the bushes

the average person just wants to shoot shyt up and doesnt care much for a well crafted story campaign

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Don’t nobody wanna replay an entire game just to see a couple different missions breh. And I don’t know why you bring up the Witcher here as it’s missions and choices are structured pretty similar to Cyberpunk.
You don't have to play the game over again, but forcing the player to make hard choices and then stick with the aftermath of their decisions would have went along way in terms of making the world more believable.

The RPG mechanics in the player builds are deep, but everything else is shallow.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You don't have to play the game over again, but forcing the player to make hard choices and then stick with the aftermath of their decisions would have went along way in terms of making the world more believable.

The RPG mechanics in the player builds are deep, but everything else is shallow.
There’s plenty of decisions you make that have lasting story implications. People you can save/kill. Missions you can chose to do or even decisions within the missions can change things. There’s no faction system like you said, but it’s just not true that there aren’t any hard choices with implications.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
who cares about online play? :laff: the most classic games that exist are not online

I mean... :mjgrin: if you a casual player and waiting for the mp component of this game then maybe this game ain't for you. I for one personally don't really care about mp like that I grow easily bored...:ld: but that's just me... I tend to find the mp boring after a while... Also what you mean by that statement, the most classic games that exist is not online?!:leostare:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nope, but i've seen enough to know that this isn't the game you stans gassed up for 7 years.

I've not played Superman 64 to know it's trash so don't try and play that card.

And it was genuienly one of my most anticipated games at the start of the year. But I heard enough and seen enough to know not to waste my money.
:sas1: