Cyberpunk 2077 has lost 79% of its players since launch

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
You don't have to play the game over again, but forcing the player to make hard choices and then stick with the aftermath of their decisions would have went along way in terms of making the world more believable.

The RPG mechanics in the player builds are deep, but everything else is shallow.
The cosmetic parts

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There’s plenty of decisions you make that have lasting story implications. People you can save/kill. Missions you can chose to do or even decisions within the missions can change things. There’s no faction system like you said, but it’s just not true that there aren’t any hard choices with implications.
Maybe I just didn't play long enough because I put it down in the 2nd act, but I put 20 hours into the game and never came across a single mission that had long term effects outside of the mission. From what I played, you make choices that can effect to outcome of particular quest lines but the actual impact of those choices have no bearing on what happens outside of that particular questline.

For example, the early mission where you gotta figure out how to get the flathead. They gave you a variety of ways to go about getting it, side with militech or maelstrom, the only difference is your reward at the end. Nether of those groups act any differently towards you regardless of what you chose during that mission.

Again, I've only played 20 hours but I feel like I've done quite a bit of side quest and gotten far enough in the main quest to start seeing examples of these hard choices.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Maybe I just didn't play long enough because I put it down in the 2nd act, but I put 20 hours into the game and never came across a single mission that had long term effects outside of the mission. From what I played, you make choices that can effect to outcome of particular quest lines but the actual impact of those choices have no bearing on what happens outside of that particular questline.

For example, the early mission where you gotta figure out how to get the flathead. They gave you a variety of ways to go about getting it, side with militech or maelstrom, the only difference is your reward at the end. Nether of those groups act any differently towards you regardless of what you chose during that mission.

Again, I've only played 20 hours but I feel like I've done quite a bit of side quest and gotten far enough in the main quest to start seeing examples of these hard choices.
Nah you just wouldn’t know what you missed.

Early on there’s a couple decisions you make that can lock you out of romance options and side missions going forward

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The cosmetic parts
The cosmetic is one of the areas where the game is shallow, but the variety of different ways you can build a character is deep.

Melee builds seem like they'd be pretty fun and the gunplay is pretty damn good for an RPG game.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah you just wouldn’t know what you missed.

Early on there’s a couple decisions you make that can lock you out of romance options and side missions going forward
I don't care about romance options in videos games.

So there are choices you can make during one quest line that will lock you out of a different quest line for a different group?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't care about romance options in videos games.

So there are choices you can make during one quest line that will lock you out of a different quest line for a different group?
Don’t matter if you don’t care about it. It’s a decision with consequences.

And yes an early decision locks you out of a quest line.

Drizzy Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m sure they will see a surge whenever the next gen patches drop. I just hope those patches work :lolbron:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The cosmetic is one of the areas where the game is shallow, but the variety of different ways you can build a character is deep.

Melee builds seem like they'd be pretty fun and the gunplay is pretty damn good for an RPG game.

I built a stealth/tech/cool built and never had problems with gunplay with rifles, shotguns or sniper rifles despite not getting points in those trees.

As long as my weapon was high enough, I was good.

I beat Adam Smasher (went the Arasaka path so I was solo) with a sniper rifle.

Sorry, I disagree. I felt like was sneaking around because I wanted to and not because I was most skilled at it.

And there is no way to talk your way through missions, that tree was all about dialogue choices and maybe a bonus here and there.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I built a stealth/tech/cool built and never had problems with gunplay with rifles, shotguns or sniper rifles despite not getting points in those trees.

As long as my weapon was high enough, I was good.

I beat Adam Smasher (went the Arasaka path so I was solo) with a sniper rifle.

Sorry, I disagree. I felt like was sneaking around because I wanted to and not because I was most skilled at it.

And there is no way to talk your way through missions, that tree was all about dialogue choices and maybe a bonus here and there.
Higher power weapons are locked if you don’t upgrade their corresponding stats.

And there’s plenty of situations where your talking or tech skills can get you out of combat.

Y’all posts in here don’t be making sense. What game are y’all playing :mindblown: