Crusader Kings III (PC, Xbox Series X|S, PS5)

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I briefly tried an Africa start but had to bow out :hubie: . Right now I'm trying to gain territory while simultaneously destabilizing The HRE. Made a couple of missteps but I've got enough military power to compensate.
Yea, you start out pretty undermanned and everything is low. Low development ,Low troops , many different religions and you got some decent size kingdoms around, but If you get ahold of those goldmines and eventually adopt feudalism :whew:.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Yea, you start out pretty undermanned and everything is low. Low development ,Low troops , many different religions and you got some decent size kingdoms around, but If you get ahold of those goldmines and eventually adopt feudalism :whew:.
A series of raids fukked me all up. They literally took everyone I had that was near to me :to: . Rough out there as a single county.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Who'd have fukking thought starting your own religion would piss off the population :skip: . I been through 3 populist wars and a surprise fukking holy war from the pope. Don't invite those problems unless you got the army to back it up :hubie: .

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Finally finished a world conquest with Sweden

wuM3H7f.png

Manually changed the Empire of 'Scandinavia' to 'Europa'.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Painted the whole map before 1300 :wow: . Did the Mongolian Empire even have time to form?

No clue. I remember seeing a pop up around 1200 maybe of a dangerous khan rising to power or something. But by that time I had taken over most of the steppes, and nothing notable happened. No spawning doom stack like the ones I can recall from CK2.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The fukkery thar can happen in this game is :mjlol:
In my latest efforts to unite Africa, the byzantines got so salty about taking North Africa, they spent generations in debit trying to win it back. The mongrols ran train on them and they would still send their armies to challenge mine.

In another playthrough, I had my Igbo princess marry some Viking rebel leader with goat stats. Cac dies in a failed revolt, shortly after getting her pregnant. I write her off because she goes to court in his sister's cousins in the far North where I can't interact. 100 years later, and theres viking mulattos with Igbo names raiding England:ehh:. Turns out the marriage I set up opened the Rus up to some distant cousins. They took over because I leveled up the Igbo culture to be top 3 in the world and I made myself a God king, head of religion which gave my bloodline divine blood clout. Them cacs had no chance. They were heretics though so I had to put them down once finally crossed paths.

I'm thinking about doing a lover boy playthrough. Getting kings wives pregnant and blackmailing everyone involved, then setting up puppet kingdoms

Made Man

All Star
Daps

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Have those been updated to the new features? Played EK2 and AGOT before , but I’m waiting for the update .

AGOT was good, just needs more flavor and events . They also need to develop Essos.
New features from the DLC or from the mods themselves? I only played CK3 for a few hours and like other PDX games i will wait a year or more after more features are added. Just keeping tabs here and there since i played the mods for CK2, but i may come back after Wards and Wardens comes out. I need to finish a bunch of games before i get stuck again playing it mainly.

Last edited:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
New features from the DLC or from the mods themselves? I only played CK3 for a few hours and like other PDX games i will wait a year or more after more features are added. Just keeping tabs here and there since i played the mods for CK2, but i may come back after Wards and Wardens comes out. I need to finish a bunch of games before i get stuck again playing it mainly.
From the Tours and Tournament DLC and the update that came with it .

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
The fukkery thar can happen in this game is :mjlol:
In my latest efforts to unite Africa, the byzantines got so salty about taking North Africa, they spent generations in debit trying to win it back. The mongrols ran train on them and they would still send their armies to challenge mine.

In another playthrough, I had my Igbo princess marry some Viking rebel leader with goat stats. Cac dies in a failed revolt, shortly after getting her pregnant. I write her off because she goes to court in his sister's cousins in the far North where I can't interact. 100 years later, and theres viking mulattos with Igbo names raiding England:ehh:. Turns out the marriage I set up opened the Rus up to some distant cousins. They took over because I leveled up the Igbo culture to be top 3 in the world and I made myself a God king, head of religion which gave my bloodline divine blood clout. Them cacs had no chance. They were heretics though so I had to put them down once finally crossed paths.

I'm thinking about doing a lover boy playthrough. Getting kings wives pregnant and blackmailing everyone involved, then setting up puppet kingdoms

One thing I discovered this play through is that female rulers are more willing to become your vassal if they are your lover. I loved Seducing foreign leaders, asking them to bend the knee (double entendre, dont even ask me how), then revoking their lands and titles to give to my brothers or cousins. Then of course, I'd break up with them before anyone finds out, leaving them broke and wandering the streets.

It's a evil world :takedat:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
All I know is starting my own religion was nonstop fukkery. Peasant uprisings like every 30 minutes. Holy wars by the Pope every 5 years. HRE fukking around and finding out. I unseated the papacy by sheer luck after a generation of trying, which eased up the holy wars. Once that indulgence money came in though :whew: .