Critics Are Calling Out Disney for Fat-Shaming Polynesians With ‘Moana’ Character

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
10dec-misssamoa2-624x321.jpg

MissSouthPacificPageantContestantstakeabreakduringradiointerviews.jpg

horizon

Veteran
Daps
ANd another thing, Dwayne Johnson is half black, and has been on the cover of Ebony, and played a black character on GI Joe, so I think we know which side he identifies with more :rudy:
When was the last time the Rock played someone who had a black family member in his movies? :heh:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That I don't doubt, but it's unfortunate how much traction alot of these weak arguments get for something as simple as drawing a "Fat" character when the focus on any sect or culture of people. Had the character been retarded or had stereotypical actions perceived of said culture, I'd understand, but I'm pretty sure whomever this character is fits into the same heroic archetype as damn near all Disney characters. But it's 2016 and Bathrooms now have rules'n'shyt past not making eye contact with other patrons and urinating in the sinks. :beli: I guess this shyt warrants this sort of 'outrage'.
:dead:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
it was one of them, his dad was black i don't remember the name. the one where he became a Sheriff.

Walking Tall?
Yeah that might've been the last one, and that was 12 years ago but even then he had a black dad, a white mom, and started a dating a white girl at the end :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Yeah that might've been the last one, and that was 12 years ago but even then he had a black dad, a white mom, and started a dating a white girl at the end :heh:
but he was depicted with a black relative and does what most black men do, date a white woman at least once in their life