Creed (Official Thread)

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
Brehs...Let me put it like this...I was pre-ordering the score as I was walking out of the theater last night:wow:
Breh, when he opened the box and mom's put the patriotic Rocky IV shorts in there:mjcry:
Breh, when Adonis was in the cell angrily wiping tears from his eyes and said "you let my pops die" :mjcry:
Breh, when his girl pulled out her hearing aids:mjcry:

Breh, the complete darkness b/w the locker room and when Adonis emerges in the arena to the sound of Hail Mary thumping in yo motherfukkin' chest:obama:
That motherfukkin knockout shot from Pretty Ricky:deadrose: and rising up like Lazurus:salute:

And speaking of the soundtrack/score I've been sleeping on Childish Gambino...Godamnn I've never listened to his music. Because of the the soundtrack I've been listening to "Because the Internet" for the past hour :blessed:

I'm getting my boys together to see it AGAIN this upcoming weekend!

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from it. I originally had little interest but checked it out because of you brehs. I love boxing and used to box for a little bit and I love film so here are my thoughts.

-The storyline was good but very predictable I was literally telling the person I went to see it with every thing that was gonna happen next. But this isn't a complaint, I'm just into minutia. For example, when they went to hotel I was like, "now would be a good time to bring the girl back into the picture." and after that I was like, "they need to have his mom show support before the fight" and bam he got them trunks.

-I didn't like the girl's music AT ALL. They should have had ROJO da gawdess do her music. It's the same style and would have fit well.

-The love story didn't detract from the movie. Thank GAWD.

-The pacing was pretty fast in the beginning and I was wondering how they were going to have him go from fighting one legit fight to fighting the champ but it worked.

-There were a lot of parallels in this movie. His "mom" visiting him in juve, Rocky visiting him in jail. etc.

-The movie captured the authentic feel of Philly pretty well.

-There were a lot of sad moments. I had to catch myself a few times. :whew: Movie had me thinking about my own mortality at times.

Overall the shyt was a good movie. Joint had me hype and shadow boxing in my seat. :russ: I'm gonna add it to my motivating movies collection. MBJ did a great job and I salute his dedication to being a boxer. His speedbag and rope game is on point. Not to mention how ripped he was. nh :damn:

Welcome to the Rocky Film Series :bryan:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Fantastic, fantastic film.

I was a little :ehh: about people saying Stallone deserved an Oscar nom..........then I saw it.....and I hope he wins. He knows this character so well, and it feels so lived in and human.....not to mention the great script he had to work with.

The musical choices were fantastic....and the score echoed the classic Rocky music flawlessly imo.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Fantastic, fantastic film.

I was a little :ehh: about people saying Stallone deserved an Oscar nom..........then I saw it.....and I hope he wins. He knows this character so well, and it feels so lived in and human.....not to mention the great script he had to work with.

The musical choices were fantastic....and the score echoed the classic Rocky music flawlessly imo.
I hope he wins too. Stallone and dicaprio potentially winning on the same night. :obama:

Should be better rated than the last one

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got to see this today...amazing. Avoided this thread because I didn't want to spoil anything, so I'm reading through now. You guys covered it...so many great things about this flick. Sly and Michael B. put it down...proud of Michael, man. Dude has the juice and I'm glad he got this win.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was a little underwhelmed the first time I saw it, mainly because I watched it with a homie who makes it his job to nitpick and hate on every movie, plus I saw it when I was out of town visiting my parents. Saw it again back here in Philly with a livelier crowd and I liked it a lot more. Everything in this film worked for me, even the cliched parts