Creed (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
early 20s
I read on another site that the most realistic age they could make him and still make the timeline work is 28.

btw, in the original script he was supposed to be Apollo's grandson.

It's minor details but still interesting.

MBJ said on Bill Simmons podcast that the character is 28. Though technically the character should 29 or 30. So they changed the timeline there.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
One quick question... How old is Adonis supposed to be. When did his pops die in the movie because the oldest he "should" be is like 25. That would mean he was born in 1990 and Apollo died before that.

:patrice:

He's a late start boxer. He was working in investment banking and doing boxing on the side until he decided to quit his career. Apollo died in 85. Adonis was born in 86, making him 28-29. Not a young kid anymore but, it's workable.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This movie delieverd everything I could ask for being a life long Rocky fan. Definitely better than the last 2 Rocky films easily. Ryan did a fantastic job capturing the essence of what made Rocky so great. This movie should be nominated for several Oscars. Basically the movie played out like Rocky part 1. It was an origin story for Creed's son. I also like the backstory and how everything happen. As for the age, it's about right. Creed died in 85 and the movie takes place 30 years later. Anyways Ryan really got me in my feelings, first "Fruitvale Station" and now this. Also for an outsider he really made sure to honor Philadelphia just like all the Rocky movies had. "Creed" actually fits well right after Rocky IV. Rocky V and VI are the weaklinks of the franchise though Rocky VI is definitely better than V. I know this was a spin-off but the way Stallone was featured in the entire film it felt like a true continuation of the franchise.

So it was a Spin-off, Sequel and Reboot all in one. Ryan has a bright future and It's amazing how he found such a great way to continue the story. The fights were good, the Drama was great. This defintiely has to be a Trilogy now. I also commend Stallone for basically making an Afro-Centric Rocky film. It had Hip Hop (Meek, NaS, Tupac, wow). It showed the rawness of Philly. Loved ol' girl who is basically going to be the new Adrian. It was so sad seeing how Rocky really lost everything he's every had but Creed's son gave him a reason to believe again. Amazing movie. Ryan, Michael and Sly. Thank You. The only complaint I have is the score. Sorry but no composer is seeing what Bill Conti did. Once you heard the real music then it all came togehter. It would be like someone else doing Star Wars and not John Williams. Rocky is by far agruebly the greatest character in film history.

Aq-QqZqquz8l.jpg

333554d1929eaafe680d60ce8b401d10.jpg