Creed 2 Thread

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Avoided this thread for this night. Just took my seat

You in for a treat...

Don’t tell me a breh gonna be in the theater hiding tears in front his girl this weekend :mjcry:

Yeah, the final fight is so visceral and as a competitor (grappling and am boxing), I connected with and my own issues with my Father all hit me like a freight train...

Legacy was the main motiff of this film, you will see.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What also hit me, is right after Adonis daughter was born and she failed that hearing test. I legit choked up cause that lil girl deserves a chance at life with basic abilities like hearing

But whoever said that this film was a great character study about legacy and sins of the father, is spot on.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I know this is SOP for boxing movies, but the idea that these monster heavyweights are taking max power headshots all fight long will never not be ridiculous lol
Lowkey

Creed had no business winning that rematch, especially after having his ribs broken AGAIN.

But after all the fukkery of Rocky 1-5, I just had to roll with it :hubie:

Blurneed

Pro
Daps
I like the overall theme of the movie. I like how they’ve humanized Drago and son in the end. The back story about fatherhood and family made the film for me.

My only thing is I feel Michael B Jordan looks the part for Creed 100% but he’s not the strongest actor ever but that might be a little nitpicky. I feel like the script is good enough to get him an Oscar nod if he delivered his lines a certain way. Imagine he had the acting chops of a young Denzel as Creed y’all can’t tell me that’s not an Oscar nod. But he certainly didn’t ruin it by any means I just enjoy watching actors that don’t look like they are acting. Btw Sly who isn’t necessarily known to be the strongest actor himself plays his role as mentor/trainer in these Creed movies perfectly, my fave character in both Creed movies. Don’t mind me. Good movie tho

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What also hit me, is right after Adonis daughter was born and she failed that hearing test. I legit choked up cause that lil girl deserves a chance at life with basic abilities like hearing

But whoever said that this film was a great character study about legacy and sins of the father, is spot on.
Movie was beautiful :mjcry: You could feel the pain in that moment and in the first dragon fight :why: pure carnage

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
My only thing is I feel Michael B Jordan looks the part for Creed 100% but he’s not the strongest actor ever but that might be a little nitpicky. I feel like the script is good enough to get him an Oscar nod if he delivered his lines a certain way. Imagine he had the acting chops of a young Denzel as Creed y’all can’t tell me that’s not an Oscar nod. But he certainly didn’t ruin it by any means I just enjoy watching actors that don’t look like they are acting. Btw Sly who isn’t necessarily known to be the strongest actor himself plays his role as mentor/trainer in these Creed movies perfectly, my fave character in both Creed movies. Don’t mind me. Good movie tho

What stuck me during this film, it's that he's a capable actor, but he needs great dialog to really show out. He can't transcend a mediocre script like better actors can.

Blurneed

Pro
Daps
What stuck me during this film, it's that he's a capable actor, but he needs great dialog to really show out. He can't transcend a mediocre script like better actors can.
I do see the potential don’t get me wrong that’s why I say he far from ruined it for me but when I watch it’s like I could see where he could have delivered certain lines more powerful.
I think his best scene was when Rocky traveled 3 days to see him after he healed up and he was talking about being afraid lookin at his pops trophies and awards. Just delivering the lines solid it looked believable. I know he got it I just feel he can do more but still a good movie nonetheless