Creed 2 Thread

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Still liked the first one better, but this movie was good I enjoyed it. The last fight was predictable I knew Drago would do that. I did like the ending too, since it leaves everything open. They can continue with the Creed movies or they can continue with Drago.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My review
  • the ending was GOAT. They humanized those Russian monsters at the end (Drago & his son) i legit cried real mans tears when Rocky said "its your time now". All 3 storylines hit hard at once at that moment about Fatherhood especially when i was worried my kid was gonna inherit something bad from me when she was born.
  • Messed up that the mom walked out on her family for a 2nd time (drago and the son)
  • I felt like he lost from a broken heart at the end and the irony of Drago saving his son
  • Obviously, them at the burial site was :mjcry:
  • 8/10 Great movie
  • only flaw was i felt people predicted this whole movie. They predicted he would have a 1st fight lost, regain his mind, and win the 2nd fight in Russia.

I agree with the score and with the structures of the wins/losses, which is easy to predict. I have things in mind that I would have done differently, but not many complaints.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
Just got back from this, the Viktor character might be the most tragic figure in all of Rocky. Wished they would have let him talk more, he only really had one scene where he said anything. Felt sorry for his big ass at the very end before the final thing that happened in the big fight. The film felt completely different than the first one, and almost wasn't even a boxing movie but more of a character study. Michael B. Jordan actually showed some acting ability in this one, which was a surprise.

LuckyLibra619

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Great movie, 8/10 for me. It just felt like Adonis was up against so many odds in this one, so much pressure, so many emotions :mjcry:
But then you start realizing Ivan and Viktor Drago also were facing all kinds of heat as well :ohhh:
The movie was a war but the middle point of the movie was somewhat slow and that is pretty much my only critique of the film :ehh:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
this was dope...saw it in dolby and I was feeling those punches

I liked how it had elements of Rocky 2, 3, 4, and I felt when Rock said Drago broke him, it was a nod to 5.

also like how Rock acknowledges his part in Apollo's death...other movies they kinda gloss over it and purely blame Drago Sr

Also like how all these years neither of the Dragos are much of talkers :heh:

One thing missing was a vince dicola score

d3323

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Felt they kinda rushed into the first fight and the storyline with the deaf baby probably wasn’t necessary. Could’ve used more time building up the Dragos.
Brigette Nielsen popped out of nowhere, didn’t expect we’d see her in this.
Great movie though, 4.5 stars

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Felt they kinda rushed into the first fight and the storyline with the deaf baby probably wasn’t necessary. Could’ve used more time building up the Dragos.
Brigette Nielsen popped out of nowhere, didn’t expect we’d see her in this.
Great movie though, 4.5 stars
Nah, the deaf baby part was needed. The whole fatherhood thing. Maybe would’ve hit even harder on the theme if Adonis had a son instead of a daughter.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'd give it a 7.5/10. Good movie but didn't like it as much as the first. I felt like they made me root for Victor. Like i legitimately felt his storyline more. Which is a testament and an indictment on the writing imo. I wanted Adonis to have more reason to fight. Didn't feel the hunger like it the first film. But movie was still dope as always. fukk Max Kellerman