Creed 2 Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I really enjoyed it. Great character development, plotting, and cinematography. I love that they gave the "villain" some background connected to Rocky IV that went beyond simple revenge. I also loved the theme of fatherhood and how they showed the parallels between three different sets of families. The whole disability subplot was really well done too. The fights were intense AF, however, I have to admit, I didn't quite buy the last half of the second fight. I understand why it had to go that way, but something about the way it went down didn't ring true/feel authentic to me, IMO. But I'm happy with the way it turned out. The entire theatre seemed to be into it.

I wouldn't put this above the first one, I think that had a special touch that can't be described, but this director almost captured it. Definitely a close second to the first.

8 out of 10 for me.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I really enjoyed it. Great character development, plotting, and cinematography. I love that they gave the "villain" some background connected to Rocky IV that went beyond simple revenge. I also loved the theme of fatherhood and how they showed the parallels between three different sets of families. The whole disability subplot was really well done too. The fights were intense AF, however, I have to admit, I didn't quite buy the last half of the second fight. I understand why it had to go that way, but something about the way it went down didn't ring true/feel authentic to me, IMO. But I'm happy with the way it turned out. The entire theatre seemed to be into it.

I wouldn't put this above the first one, I think that had a special touch that can't be described, but this director almost captured it. Definitely a close second to the first.

8 out of 10 for me.

Its a solid 9/10 for me. Hella inspirational and FINALLY answered what happened to Drago 33 years after losing to Rocky, among other (smaller) things like overcoming old beefs and estranged relationships. Even Rocky spoke about part of his emotions being permanently broken by a fight he won were great touches.

Daps
I liked this movie, it’s worth checking out. I still think the first was better though. My girl bought us tickets to see it in one of those amc Dolby Cinema theatres with all of the subwoofers lined up against the walls... whole theater would vibrate from the major punches lol. Tessa’s acting was top notch in this movie; oscar/golden globe nominations maybe?

Daps
My review
  • the ending was GOAT. They humanized those Russian monsters at the end (Drago & his son) i legit cried real mans tears when Rocky said "its your time now". All 3 storylines hit hard at once at that moment about Fatherhood especially when i was worried my kid was gonna inherit something bad from me when she was born.
  • Messed up that the mom walked out on her family for a 2nd time (drago and the son)
  • I felt like he lost from a broken heart at the end and the irony of Drago saving his son
  • Obviously, them at the burial site was :mjcry:
  • 8/10 Great movie
  • only flaw was i felt people predicted this whole movie. They predicted he would have a 1st fight lost, regain his mind, and win the 2nd fight in Russia.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
My review
  • the ending was GOAT. They humanized those Russian monsters at the end (Drago & his son) i legit cried real mans tears when Rocky said "its your time now". All 3 storylines hit hard at once at that moment about Fatherhood especially when i was worried my kid was gonna inherit something bad from me when she was born.
  • Messed up that the mom walked out on her family for a 2nd time (drago and the son)
  • I felt like he lost from a broken heart at the end and the irony of Drago saving his son
  • Obviously, them at the burial site was :mjcry:
  • 8/10 Great movie
  • only flaw was i felt people predicted this whole movie. They predicted he would have a 1st fight lost, regain his mind, and win the 2nd fight in Russia.

What happened to Viktor at the end was much of my life in relationship to my parents, I didn't expect the tears to pour out like they did for me....