Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
3 things

- not better than creed 1

- the first time you can sympathize with the villain in a rocky movie

- this definitely felt like a mix between rocky 2/3

They could have built on Victor more. Would have been amazing if they did some scenes showing life from after Drago lost leading up to who Victor is now.
They missed an opportunity building more on Victors life.

Movie was solid but def didn't have me drawn in like the 1st one which is due to the character building.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Not sure how people are saying this was a "great" film, unless great is the word you throw out when you enjoyed something (like my homie, he calls everything he like dynamic).

Wasn't bad, could have been better, def wasn't better than Creed 1.

1. The non Creed/Drago fights looked a lil video game-ish to me. The 2 main fights looked good tho.

2. Barely any reaction after he won the title. The damn stadium should have erupted.

3. Had a few other more minor complaints, but those were the two that stuck out to me.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Enjoyed this movie more than the 1st. New director bought out some capabilities I havent seen from MBJ since The Wire where prob thought less andd ran more off of emotion. Story was good too though I thought lil Drago could have had some more lines. And I'm never not gon' be mad at my nikka Wood Harris getting consistent work.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Would've preferred this be called Drago and have more focus on that family, tbh. Felt like it struggled to find anything new to say about Donnie and Apollo.
Facts. That’s why Tessa Thompson and that relationship was given so much screen time. But the Dragos were way more compelling...

I enjoyed the movie tho. They’re 2 for 2

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the time Coogler had his hands full with The Black Panther movie.

So, Coogler put his mans (Pause) Steven Caple on......Coogler still got executive producer credits for the film

Dope. And Caple's a breh.

Say patronage of black films doesn't matter unless the entire company from top to bottom is black brehs