Credit Suisse now has a 47% chance of default, stock down 25% this morning.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

JYARMea.png

Last edited:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I’ve noticed in my readings everytime they get rid of regulations they always fukk up the banks because they always try to do something weird with the bank
At the end of the day all the regs have to do with having a certain amount of cash on hand.

The banksters always push back on regs so they can bet the farm on the next superrisky bet

The banks almost collapse not because they sold fukked up mortgages they also sold insurance to the guys shorting the housing market.

They didnt give a thought to why someone would make a bet against them

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
They have to be bailed out.

It cant be allowed to collapse
Nope. They can be nationalized or the government can buy a controlling interest. I'm not fittin to pay taxes for these a$$holes to give themselves bonuses, learn nothing, and then proceed to fukk up all over again in the next few years. Enough is enough. How many times can these morons gamble with peoples money and crash the economy before anything gets done? That too big to fail bullshyt got us bigger banks who absorbed the smaller ones and now can fukk around knowing that the governments will bail them out. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We can't keep doing the same shyt expecting a different result.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
SVB is a sacrificial lamb. just like Lehman was, just like WaMu was

the biden administration will push for regulation. the republicans who come after will undo that.

the cycle will continue until it becomes explicitly illegal to lobby politicians and punishment for the rich with jail time is as much as with the poor

but we all know laws and rules are meant for the poor. rich people will be killed before they see a prison cell.
It's getting to that point. We are almost at a second gilded age. People's futures are being stolen by these demons. Imagine being 22 years old graduating with debt and this is the economy you're coming into. Or being someone who graduated in 2008 suffered, then tried to go back to school during covid and FOR THE SECOND TIME your future is being denied. A person who has had to go through that and turns on the TV and sees news telling them how much worse the world is getting and sees politicians who can only offer the status quo or double down on failed policy--basically no visions for the future that make someone feel hopeful or like they're trying to ease suffering---can you really be surprised if that person takes their last few dollars and decides "fukk it let me kill one of these bankers. At least in jail I get a guaranteed meal, a bed to sleep on and HEALTHCARE"

How fukked up is it that prisoners have better access to medical care than law abiding citizens? How fukked up is it that a murderer is guaranteed food and board but a poor person is one paycheck away from sleeping in their car or a shelter? When you take everything from people and create a group that feels they have nothing to lose, violence is inevitable.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
a lot of bad info in this thread

i'm sorry. help me make the distinction here

who was responsible for creating mortgage backed securities and loaning to people with bad or no credit in the past? was it not management? was bad management not the cause of creating risky assets?

how is that different from bad management being responsible for the current crisis?

what are we talking about here

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Nope. They can be nationalized or the government can buy a controlling interest. I'm not fittin to pay taxes for these a$$holes to give themselves bonuses, learn nothing, and then proceed to fukk up all over again in the next few years. Enough is enough. How many times can these morons gamble with peoples money and crash the economy before anything gets done? That too big to fail bullshyt got us bigger banks who absorbed the smaller ones and now can fukk around knowing that the governments will bail them out. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We can't keep doing the same shyt expecting a different result.
If the government meaning the swiss government doesnt bail them out they'll be bailed out and brought by another bankster which would lead to yet another " too big to fail" bank

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
i'm sorry. help me make the distinction here

who was responsible for creating mortgage backed securities and loaning to people with bad or no credit in the past? was it not management? was bad management not the cause of creating risky assets?

how is that different from bad management being responsible for the current crisis?

what are we talking about here
Hes splitting hairs here

But hes saying that all the big banks did the mortagage backed securities/ credit default swaps

This was localized fukkery and bad bets and tech failing in the case of SVB and the saudis not backing bad bets made by credit suisse.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
peep the game

while we're all bickering about the failure of regional banks and its contagion and WHEN taxpayer money will cover their fukk up....

The IMF is going to send ANOTHER 15 billion to Ukraine

keep in mind, this motherfukker is located in WASHINGTON, DC and is basically, like the UN and NATO, an extension of the US government.

Americans will pay the loan money that Ukraine receives from the IMF rather than the US just straight up giving Ukraine the money

this is actually fukking insane to watch in real time

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
peep the game

while we're all bickering about the failure of regional banks and its contagion and WHEN taxpayer money will cover their fukk up....

The IMF is going to send ANOTHER 15 billion to Ukraine

keep in mind, this motherfukker is located in WASHINGTON, DC and is basically, like the UN and NATO, an extension of the US government.

Americans will pay the loan money that Ukraine receives from the IMF rather than the US just straight up giving Ukraine the money

this is actually fukking insane to watch in real time
True but they dont want to miss a chance to bloody the russkies nose.

They will take as much of Russia's bread in western banks as they can.