Credit Report/Score Thread

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know my shyt gotta be over 800...i never missed a payment...but i dont believe in credit...that shyt is for suckas

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Just checked my shyt today. It's in the 710 - 770 range (three sites all different).
I'm broke as fukk tho with all these payments i make

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just checked my shyt today. It's in the 710 - 770 range (three sites all different).
I'm broke as fukk tho with all these payments i make
your score is good enough to get a credit union consolidation loan if you have too much credit card debt

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
the only reason my score is so low is cause i had like 6 of my 7 credit cards maxed out.

i just checked my credit.
it gave a break down of why my score is what it is and i learned that you should not use anymore than 30% of your credit at a time.

wish i knew that 15 years ago.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
your score is good enough to get a credit union consolidation loan if you have too much credit card debt
I might look into that. It's not that my debt is out-of-control (I still make out okay at the end of the month) It's just overwhelming to see payments going to so many different companies.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I knew someone that did personal credit repair. When you dispute....

1. dispute your old addresses first. - the 3 major credit agencies sometimes use a computer model to handle disputes. If they can't link your address to a creditor, the more likely it will fall off your report. - a persistent creditor may eventually put it back on but that jump in score may be what you need at the moment.

2. Even though you can dispute online through the agency site, hand write your disputes. Preferably in a colored gel ink. Make sure it's legible. Apparently, the computer model has a hard time reading non black non typed information. Therefore an actual person has to manually handle your dispute. And they only have a certain amount of time to verify info before they just have to delete the negative information.

3. You can get one free CR per year online. If you don't have another means of pulling a CR (credit union, cc etc) Google backdoor credit report. You should be able to get into an updated credit report without paying again.

I haven't talked to this person in about 3 yrs but hopefully this info is still valid.

Good luck

:salute:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
710+ gang :myman: but my experian (usually used for auto) is usually 50-70+ higher than my transunion/equifax so that might be in the 800s :wow:

for the people saying 750-800 , etc.

when I worked in the banks and sold cars before that, anything over 710 got 0.9% interest rates :yeshrug: anything after that was just a bonus on your outlook :yeshrug:

but of course its better to be 750-850 with (small) room for error with a mishap that you might not have had control over at the time, than just hover around 710 and that 1 mishap brings you back you down to the 650 area or so

credit is very unforgiving and very hard to raise but easy to fukk up on obviously

Last edited:

little4209

All Star
Daps
I've been paying $39.99 a month for the myFICO app scores, you get credit report updates (usually a week or 2 behind) and i think a credit report every 3 months..and this is from each bureau..

3 years ago my score was around 560..according to the app it's

Transunion- 672
Experian- 736
Equifax- 705

2 weeks ago I got a car loan and they used Transunion and my score was 684 so it seems pretty close..the finance guy said that I should open a few more credit cards to boost my score even more...But im guessing that inhad a lot of old debt that just just dropped off i think :yeshrug:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
quick question , would it be bad for my credit score if i paid for my car before all the payments are due? right now i owe 9,000 on it which i can pay by november of this year
but i took out the loan for like 4-5 years(cant remember).

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i just checked my credit.
it gave a break down of why my score is what it is and i learned that you should not use anymore than 30% of your credit at a time.

wish i knew that 15 years ago.

well that is probably what rich people do or people that are well off, but if you are middle-class or lower like myself, credit is for you to get the things you dont have the cash to get. I have burned and rebuilt my credit 3x in my life. my approach is different. over 2 years ago, I needed to buy a new home. I got my score up to about 800. I bought a new home on a golf course, and two late model vehicles. I acquired about 300k in credit in a single day. now some of my creditors clipped me because I had to foreclose on my old property because it was unsalable. :mjcry: but the rest of my creditors have stuck right there with me, including AMEX to most people's surprise.

you get everything you can get, that is what credit is for, then you rebuild it. its a game. if you acquire everything you need for the next 7 years then it serves its purpose. :obama:

I am almost 3 years in, and I dont need anything else, I have the house and the cars I want and I still have sufficient credit that will stay with me up until my 7 years is up and I can clear my reports again. at that time I will sell my current home and get something else.

I purchased a great single family home with round the clock security with zero down...and in fact, at closing I left the attorney's office with two checks totally $2500. Any of your breh's n brehettes need any advice PM me.

I been in this game for years....it made me an animal.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
quick question , would it be bad for my credit score if i paid for my car before all the payments are due? right now i owe 9,000 on it which i can pay by november of this year
but i took out the loan for like 4-5 years(cant remember).

theoretically, no. it will lower your debt to income ratio. the only thing is, find out if the loan you have has early payoff penalties. another side note is, when applying for a home, auto/installment loans dont factor in if you owe 6 months or less.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I am almost 3 years in, and I dont need anything else, I have the house and the cars I want and I still have sufficient credit that will stay with me up until my 7 years is up and I can clear my reports again. at that time I will sell my current home and get something else.

I purchased a great single family home with round the clock security with zero down...and in fact, at closing I left the attorney's office with two checks totally $2500. Any of your breh's n brehettes need any advice PM me.

I been in this game for years....it made me an animal.

do negative credit activities automatically clear after 7 years or do you have to somehow request it yourself?