"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
I work with CAD for engineering..but I am self teaching myself to become an animator. I will be using Blender.

if you have time can you tell me what programme you are using ? , i am a novice, whats the easiest. im going on a course late this year but i havent booked it i am waiting.

im practicing on sketchbook animation and adobe.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
if you have time can you tell me what programme you are using ? , i am a novice, whats the easiest. im going on a course late this year but i havent booked it i am waiting.

im practicing on sketchbook animation and adobe.

www.Blender.org

It is supposed to be easier to use than Maya etc and has great resources for modeling, animation and physics based simulations.
And it is totally free open software so you dont have to worry about the extreme cost of other packages and licenses.
Has some great addons too..I highly recommend it for the brehs that want a career in the digital arts.

We dont have enough Black animators etc.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
www.Blender.org

It is supposed to be easier to use than Maya etc and has great resources for modeling, animation and physics based simulations.
And it is totally free open software so you dont have to worry about the extreme cost of other packages and licenses.
Has some great addons too..I highly recommend it for the brehs that want a career in the digital arts.

dope dope.

i was just thinking i should learn animation because all my logos are flat 2d design anyway, but from the first clip images.

imagine having those skills to do, dope image manipulation. :banderas:

yeah going have to suck up my pride and do that adult class in digital arts and animation later this year. by the grace of God that is.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
dope dope.

i was just thinking i should learn animation because all my logos are flat 2d design anyway, but from the first clip images.

imagine having those skills to do, dope image manipulation. :banderas:

yeah going have to suck up my pride and do that adult class in digital arts and animation later this year. by the grace of God that is.

Go for it..I'm teaching myself since I can already do the basics.

It can do cartoon animations as well as more advanced stuff.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
Go for it..I'm teaching myself since I can already do the basics.

It can do cartoon animations as well as more advanced stuff.

you said its free, you mean the improvements are free once you buy ?

i only need to know how to do 2d animation, because its for a podcast so just lips moving and a few background movements.

seeing the video you posted earlier, think i might benefit from knowing more about digital arts because website aesthetics would be even doper.

props for the information.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
you said its free, you mean the improvements are free once you buy ?

i only need to know how to do 2d animation, because its for a podcast so just lips moving and a few background movements.

seeing the video you posted earlier, think i might benefit from knowing more about digital arts because website aesthetics would be even doper.

props for the information.

Yeah its free..some of the addons cost a few bucks by the developers, but nothing prohibitive.
I hate using pirate software for professional jobs, so this takes care of that..

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
vOIgjsQ.jpg

fciCulX.jpg

zP1Ki58.jpg

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
www.Blender.org

the learning curve is intense right? How did you learn it?

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thinking About Possibly Brewing My Own Beer Once I Move

They Sell Kits Online And You Can Cop Different Hops Online

I Think It Would Be A Dope Little Hobby, Brew A Few Gallons Bottle It And Slap A Custom Label On It

:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Jaro Media Inks Alonge Hawes To Series Development Deal
Date: March 5, 2020Author: Michaela P. Shelton0

Alonge Hawes seems to be expanding his artistic reach. The talented auteur has inked a series development deal with streaming & entertainment network Jaro Media. Under the pact, Hawes will create, write, and direct a brand new series for the platform. Hawes will also produce the series alongside longtime collaborators Quentin Williams, Jamal Mcclendon, Shani Hawes, and Rodderick Fedd via their A Million Stories One Pen Entertainment banner.

“Alonge Hawes, an outstanding filmmaker, writer and actor, has produced high quality award-winning web series, beginning with “Blue Collar Hustle”, that bring a unique consciousness to the diversity of the African American experience,” Jaro Media Services CEO Richard E. Devaughn said Thursday in a statement. “Partnering with Alonge and A Million Stories One Pen Productions falls in line with JARO’s promise that our audience have a place where they will be entertained while seeing themselves – A home of our own.”

The deal comes almost one year after Hawes inked a similar series development deal with independent streaming powerhouse Seeka.TV. That partnership saw Hawes create, write, direct, and star in the digital series Black On Both Sides, for which Hawes was bestowed The Best Screenplay award by the Oniros Film Awards. Both Jaro and Seeka provided early streaming support for Hawes’s debut series Blue Collar Hustle, whose first season was named Best Web Series by both the Urban Media Makers Film Festival and The London Independent Film Awards. The second season of Blue Collar Hustle was named Best Web Series by the Oniros Film Awards and Best Returning Series by the Minnesota Webfest.

While specific details regarding the new series are being kept under wraps, it has been reported that Hawes & Williams collaborated on the initial concept for the original story and that Williams, himself a successful musician, will score an original soundtrack for the series.

Jaro Media Services provides on-demand streaming access to a world of African American and Afrocentric digital media including video, visual art, books, and music. Jaro’s unique platform integrates social media, customer control, and media access into an innovative user experience.

https://queenmediacollective.com/20...nge-hawes-to-series-development-deal/#respond

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Seeka.TV Renews Black On Both Sides. New Season Teaser & Subtitle Announced
Date: March 10, 2020Author: Michaela P. Shelton0

Seeka.TV has announced today that Alonge Hawes’s critically acclaimed dramatic series Black On Both Sides will return for a second season; this time however not only is the series expanding its episode count, it will also be expanding its title. The second season will go by the name of Black On Both Sides: Sankofa.

The renewal of Black On Both Sides comes less than a week after the announcement that Alonge Hawes had inked a series development deal with JARO Media, meaning that the in-demand auteur now has two series he will be developing throughout 2020. Though a fixed release date for either project was unavailable at press time, Seeka representatives have confirmed that Black On Both Sides: Sankofa will make its world premiere at the 2020 Minnesota Webfest, marking the third consecutive year that an Alonge Hawes original series makes its debut at the esteemed film festival.

Black On Both Sides first season was critically lauded, scoring a 4 star review from online publications Indyred, Reelromp, and 22 Indie Street. Philip Hernandez of Black Talent TV wrote of the season, “Sure to excite viewers, Black On Both Sides is amazing! For those who have not watched, you are in for a treat!” The series was nominated for three awards at the 2019 Minnesota Webfest including Best Pilot. Alonge Hawes was also bestowed the Best Screenplay accolade by the Oniros Film Awards.

Seeka.TV is the world’s biggest curator of independent digital series and content, carrying nearly 2,000 episodes across more than 150 shows in a wide variety of genres, languages, and perspectives.

Black On Both Sides: Sankofa is created, written, and directed by Alonge Hawes; who is also the show-runner and serves as executive producer alongside George Reese. The second season’s cinematographer will be Asante Watkins. Hawes stars as Anansi Moor, alongside Julian Robinson as Henry Gill Scott Heron, Kiara Woods as Maya Patterson, Shani Hawes as Nandi Chisholm, Scott Piehler as Cyrus Alexander, Quentin Williams as Saul Matthews, and Roberto Cruz as Quintoni Mason. The series is produced by Jamal Mcclendon, Asante Watkins, Rodderick Fedd, and Shani Hawes through A Million Stories One Pen Productions.