"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
eMzqsRJ.png

j9AfBh7.png

80v9bfg.png

working hard on this podcast, writing illustrating and praying lol.

Vocaroo | Online voice recorder :mjlol: need all the extra vocals i can get.

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:jbhmm:
Anyone interested in doing a "group google hangout" sometime to discus a couple topics?
  • Keeping motivated
  • Balancing Day job vs creative passion
  • Your creative process
  • Building an original vision vs recreating old ideas from your youth
  • Diversifying your creative references/inspirations
  • How you fund ideas
  • When to quite your day job and focus on your craft
  • Building a creative support system/network(peers, friends, family, & colleagues)
  • Feedback and the importance of having someone to bounce your work off of.
  • Unique issues of being a black creative
  • Creativity as therapy: breaking the daily monotony of a day job
  • Maintaining creative spark while married
  • Maintaining creative spark with children to care for
  • Building with a spouse or (girl/boy)friend
  • etc etc etc.
@Verbal Kint @BlackDiBiase @xCivicx @The Hierophant @Ziggiy @Turk @ORDER_66 @Unknown Poster @LauderdaleBoss .....and anybody else?

Last edited:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:
Anyone interested in doing a google hangout to discus a couple topics?
  • Keeping motivated
  • Balancing Day job vs creative passion
  • Your creative process
  • Building an original vision vs recreating old ideas from your youth
  • Diversifying your creative references/inspirations
  • How you fund ideas
  • When to quite your day job and focus on your craft
  • Building a creative support system/network(peers, friends, family, & colleagues)
  • Feedback and the importance of having someone to bounce your work off of.
  • Unique issues of being a black creative
  • etc etc etc.

aight thats cool man, would be dope on the coli too.

very interested, know a bit about the highlighted. could do with more knowledge on all parts. :salute:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
wjWECkK.jpg

iMcaPpu.jpg

gTS98el.jpg

zWPzulz.jpg

just some spares left doing some scraps.

these are all thrift store/charity shop frames, you see some nice frames and things to remix and work from.

so whenever the cipher is ready i got a couple cost effective creative jewels.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I thought you had an independent editor lined up? :leon: ...or are you now waiting for them to start/finish the job? :patrice:

I do the editor is working on the book day and night as we speak we is halfway done...:leon: but I am double checking adding stuff towards the overall story to flesh things out before we upload the final draft...:youngsabo:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I do the editor is working on the book day and night as we speak we is halfway done...:leon: but I am double checking adding stuff towards the overall story to flesh things out before we upload the final draft...:youngsabo:

• Are the additions prompted by editor feed back or you running the story back through your head ....hell, or a little of both?
  • Do they charge extra for reviewing your revisions?

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
zWPzulz.jpg

just some spares left doing some scraps.

these are all thrift store/charity shop frames, you see some nice frames and things to remix and work from.

so whenever the cipher is ready i got a couple cost effective creative jewels.

Do you use any pencils in your process? I noticed some really fine lines above, Example: the woman's face & neck above.
The reason I ask is because I only see brushes in the pic above which threw me off a bit..
(Tho I suppose a fine tipped brush and black ink would net the same effect ...brush simply wasn't my first quess)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
  • Are the additions prompted by editor feed back or you running the story back through your head ....hell, or a little of both?
  • Do they charge extra for reviewing your revisions?

Well we agreed on a set amount upfront for editing the entire book. he's doing edits on grammar and other small details. nothing has really changed to the overall story. I am adding detailed stuff to flesh out the concepts within. Such as the language and events in the story... nothing major. but now it will be readable. :ehh: I don't want him adding too much because then it looks like someone else wrote it. I am also looking to revise the entire front cover, keep the green and black cover hue to it but change the entire thing, make it look more professional.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well we agreed on a set amount upfront for editing the entire book. he's doing edits on grammar and other small details. nothing has really changed to the overall story. I am adding detailed stuff to flesh out the concepts within. Such as the language and events in the story... nothing major. but now it will be readable. :ehh: I don't want him adding too much because then it looks like someone else wrote it. I am also looking to revise the entire front cover, keep the green and black cover hue to it but change the entire thing, make it look more professional.
1. Oh, now that's a perfect setup right there!
2. I knew it was something else I ment to ask above.:ohlawd: Editors can do everything from spelling and grammar to stuff like continuity checks I.E. [insert character] cut their hair in chapter 2 and in chapter 3 someone grabs them by the hair. I was curious as to what's the scope of editorial work your editor is doing?

3. Professional? I thought the cover was top notch myself.:ld: I especially liked the art style and that it wasn't derivative. That said I can see a color change being useful in visually denoting that this is a new edition via a quick glance. (Now what would be nice would be a map of the kingdom and surrounding lands where the events take place near the start of the book ...hell a picture index of characters, equipment, buildings, interiors, and places at the end of the book would be wild also.)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
1. Oh, now that's a perfect setup right there!
2. I knew it was something else I ment to ask above.:ohlawd: Editors can do everything from spelling and grammar to stuff like continuity checks I.E. [insert character] cut their hair in chapter 2 and in chapter 3 someone grabs them by the hair. I was curious as to what's the scope of editorial work your editor is doing?

3. Professional? I thought the cover was top notch myself.:ld: I especially liked the art style and that it wasn't derivative. That said I can see a color change being useful in visually denoting that this is a new edition via a quick glance. (Now what would be nice would be a map of the kingdom and surrounding lands where the events take place ...hell a picture index of characters, equipment, buildings, interiors, and places at the end of the book would be wild also.)

The map I'm drawing up in my head but it wont be shown until book 2 or 3...:ehh: I don't have a concept artist yet but it is a good idea when the series takes off I'll probably get a companion art book drawn up... like the star wars one.

71dxpWERfsL.jpg

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The map I'm drawing up in my head but it wont be shown until book 2 or 3...:ehh: I don't have a concept artist yet but it is a good idea when the series takes off I'll probably get a companion art book drawn up... like the star wars one.

71dxpWERfsL.jpg

Right right exactly! For example I was thinking along the lines of something like this at the back index area of the book.....

1.BR-Ar-Osprey-Armies-of-the-Adowa-Campaign-1896.jpg
9781782001324_3.jpg

4d518c9fddb3d7bcfef2220fb1b14f4d.jpg

5OA1DP2zuz6PWlTthNwUA7D5CljMzD62lJ_wxhm0Ka5Kzzy1N2Q4HZ1qsTDOaZCn7FLuz7jZBqQvwHyax0TcCvFekhoqacnS8i376GMpBKo

latest

f1e99518963c6d8a8840d9c10d5ef3f5.jpg

6d771318b96bb1519df109d88a8dfb32.jpg

amhara-worrior-tools.jpg

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its all varied bro, there is not a set price to these things.

if its at auction or gallery showing they get 30-40% of what is raised.

some galleries hold on commission for a set time period.

but mainly since these are all cut to fit canvas and using oils, i put them up for all sorts of prices.

i did a deontay wilder one that was meant to go for 2500 (2 paintings) but i netted way below the proposal offer.

but i am lucky to see 500-750 of each canvas, and im trying online these days havent been using these platform since myspace.

i got one on eBay for Starting Price: £195.00, hoping it goes into higher bids or exposure. :salute:

Bro, I really like your work. Shoot me the link to what you have on ebay. What are the sizes?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Right right exactly! For example I was thinking along the lines of something like this at the back index area of the book.....

1.BR-Ar-Osprey-Armies-of-the-Adowa-Campaign-1896.jpg
9781782001324_3.jpg

4d518c9fddb3d7bcfef2220fb1b14f4d.jpg

5OA1DP2zuz6PWlTthNwUA7D5CljMzD62lJ_wxhm0Ka5Kzzy1N2Q4HZ1qsTDOaZCn7FLuz7jZBqQvwHyax0TcCvFekhoqacnS8i376GMpBKo

latest

f1e99518963c6d8a8840d9c10d5ef3f5.jpg

6d771318b96bb1519df109d88a8dfb32.jpg

amhara-worrior-tools.jpg

That's dope but when I upload to amazon's server I would have to add the concept art to the document and the overall scope of the pages it's gonna take some time for me to do that. :ehh: