"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Listen fellas. No matter how good someone is at their art. If they're not working hard, if they don't have a plan, if they tell you they gotta pay dues but they don't know when that ends or what it gets. Don't work with them, they're failures in the making.

Every creative endevour is 50% art and 50% business. And most these nikkas are trash at the art side as it is.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
If any of y'all listen to house/edm, gimme your opinion on this track I just put up

Listened to the whole thing a couple times. Walked away and came back a couple times to make sure I was listening with fresh ears in order to solidify my position.

GOOD:
  1. It's a full song that builds up from a haunting 1:16 min intro to a full driving song, then begins it's decent around 2:20, rides the bottom at 2:35, then jumps back up at 2:50 till it shifts to a new vocal at 4:38 serving as an outro distinct from the previous segments. Point being, there is a lot of "meat" on the track as opposed to being 5:11 of repetition. You do a great job of taking the listener on a journey as opposed to simply constructing a 5:11 "vibe".
  2. Distinct mood ...the track literally sounds like midnight driving on the highway or something.
  3. Very danceable `
  4. The intro is long enough for a DJ to mix in, while interesting enough to enjoy at home or in car.(I've heard long boring intros that serve no purpose but as a DJ tool ignoring home listeners)
  5. You do a good job of using all your tools(audio effects, beat kit, etc) in a complementary manner.(It's easy to over do it with effects) The track does this by using the echos, accents, "stingers", etc to either transition between or define a specific section of the song as opposed to lumping a gang of different sounds on top of each other leading to 5:11 of clashing sounds

"BAD":
  1. The one exception to #5 above would be that I'm still conflicted as hell about that male vocalists lyrics in relation to the vocal transformations ...(and that's taking into account genre conventions)

Personal thoughts:
  • I'd be interested in hearing a cut with the transformations toned down a bit on the male vocalist ....or with him using his voice simply as an instrument(Example: 3:17-3:51 and 0:00-1:00) without additional lyrics.
  • The female vocalist at the end was perfect. It might have had the same transformations on it but her voice hits perfect.
  • Track reminds me of playing midnight club on PS2 ...and that's a good thing

NOTE:
In relation to the male vocalist, I'm hesitant to commit to the idea of it falling under the "BAD" section because I can definitely see someone riding with that style. It's just that for me once he starts the lyrics with the effects still popping(Example 1:16 - 1:47) my personal confliction creeps in.

Damn, it's been a min since I gave feed back on someones work:wow: I should pump these out more
yep.png

(sometimes it's just good/hard to simply get constructive feedback on your work ...and that's before even talking about someone purchasing it)

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How goes the racer after a year and some change bruh bruh? :jbhmm:
I'm building a 10 sec nitrous race car :ld:
tumblr_ow1co7s1C21sokhquo1_400.jpg

This picture reminds me of when I had to change out da rack and pinion on my old Chrysler convertible in my fiends driveway :sadcam: ...told my daddy what I was doing over da phone but he never bothered to mention how time consuming that shyt was. :stopitslime: Good learning experience doe, in terms of car repair and maintenance :ehh:

1ncognegro

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#SidenikkaGang 804 VA
How goes the racer after a year and some change bruh bruh? :jbhmm:

This picture reminds me of when I had to change out da rack and pinion on my old Chrysler convertible in my fiends driveway :sadcam: ...told my daddy what I was doing over da phone but he never bothered to mention how time consuming that shyt was. :stopitslime: Good learning experience doe, in terms of car repair and maintenance :ehh:
Drove the shyt out of it:gladbron:
Took it to the track:gladbron:
Blew it up:to:
Rebuild to a 383 nitrous setup coming:whew:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Listened to the whole thing a couple times. Walked away and came back a couple times to make sure I was listening with fresh ears in order to solidify my position.

GOOD:
  1. It's a full song that builds up from a haunting 1:16 min intro to a full driving song, then begins it's decent around 2:20, rides the bottom at 2:35, then jumps back up at 2:50 till it shifts to a new vocal at 4:38 serving as an outro distinct from the previous segments. Point being, there is a lot of "meat" on the track as opposed to being 5:11 of repetition. You do a great job of taking the listener on a journey as opposed to simply constructing a 5:11 "vibe".
  2. Distinct mood ...the track literally sounds like midnight driving on the highway or something.
  3. Very danceable `
  4. The intro is long enough for a DJ to mix in, while interesting enough to enjoy at home or in car.(I've heard long boring intros that serve no purpose but as a DJ tool ignoring home listeners)
  5. You do a good job of using all your tools(audio effects, beat kit, etc) in a complementary manner.(It's easy to over do it with effects) The track does this by using the echos, accents, "stingers", etc to either transition between or define a specific section of the song as opposed to lumping a gang of different sounds on top of each other leading to 5:11 of clashing sounds

"BAD":
  1. The one exception to #5 above would be that I'm still conflicted as hell about that male vocalists lyrics in relation to the vocal transformations ...(and that's taking into account genre conventions)

Personal thoughts:
  • I'd be interested in hearing a cut with the transformations toned down a bit on the male vocalist ....or with him using his voice simply as an instrument(Example: 3:17-3:51 and 0:00-1:00) without additional lyrics.
  • The female vocalist at the end was perfect. It might have had the same transformations on it but her voice hits perfect.
  • Track reminds me of playing midnight club on PS2 ...and that's a good thing

NOTE:
In relation to the male vocalist, I'm hesitant to commit to the idea of it falling under the "BAD" section because I can definitely see someone riding with that style. It's just that for me once he starts the lyrics with the effects still popping(Example 1:16 - 1:47) my personal confliction creeps in.

Damn, it's been a min since I gave feed back on someones work:wow: I should pump these out more
yep.png

(sometimes it's just good/hard to simply get constructive feedback on your work ...that before even talking about purchasing it)
Thanks a bunch for the feedback I really appreciate it

The outro vocals are the original vocals. I pitched them way down for the main part of the song

Most people think it's a dude singing for most of the song but it's actually the same female the whole song lol

That song is almost 2 years old too

I'm gonna be dropping 1 track a month here for a bit, but I have a ton of new tracks that won't get put out til closer to next year

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:lupe:
Thanks a bunch for the feedback I really appreciate it

The outro vocals are the original vocals. I pitched them way down for the main part of the song

Most people think it's a dude singing for most of the song but it's actually the same female the whole song lol

That song is almost 2 years old too

I'm gonna be dropping 1 track a month here for a bit, but I have a ton of new tracks that won't get put out til closer to next year

DimGraciousGrub-size_restricted.gif

:snoop:
Ya got me...

:pachaha:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
looks good, lemme check it out...:ehh:
Submissions • FIYAH

Here's a publication for you lot, you can submit anything this month

wait...:patrice:
It really is science fiction’s new Golden Age.

If you’re white.

What does it mean to be Black and look at intersectional issues of equality through the lens of science fiction and fantasy? Where are those stories in the canon? There is Black excellence out there waiting to be discovered and not tokenized. Octavia Butler is our past and she is an amazing ancestor, but she should not be our only storyteller.

This is the future of Black SFF.

FIYAH rises from the ashes of the Black literary tradition started by Fire!! in 1926. We aren’t here for respectability. We’re here to ask what it means to be Black and extraordinary. We are a place to showcase your stories and grow your career. Part literary incubator, part middle-finger to the establishment, we know you have stories to tell, and we are here for it.

We want to spill tea and throw shade in the most delightful way. We are intersectional and welcome our disabled, LGBTQIA, and neurodivergent brothers and sisters. Don’t hesitate to send us your stories. Don’t self reject.

wait....:patrice:
The staff represents myriad black identities, LGBTQ distinctions, and intersections with illness and disability.

toh6OxF.jpg