"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Damn how I miss this post:ohhh: ...I think I just didn't click on the link:patrice: Quality track bruh bruh :ehh: has a really distinct mood/vibe/feel to it that I like:jbhmm:

If anybody is developing a game, lets work. I would love to score the whole thing

Hmm.. I gotta keep that offer in mind:ehh: I've been on the look out for artist for the most part:jbhmm:(I'm a software guy :hubie:)
But I've had a pet "artsy" project in mind for awhile to build a world specifically around the mood of a set of tracks(typically music is made to fit a game level not the other way around)
In the world people can walk around and the music changes depending on where they are in the world and what they're doing at the moment.
  • Often people build levels around gameplay ideas and asks the musician to compose something that fits the theme of the level or story at that point
  • I want the musician to make whatever comes to mind, independent of gameplay concerns ...afterwards I build a level that visually matches the sonic mood & tone of the given song

It's nothing terribly fleshed out:whoa: ...it's one of those pet projects at the back of the mind type things.:jbhmm:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:patrice: ...........:jbhmm:
nikkas gotta partner up bruh. No reason everyone is working alone.

I'll say this though. Artists, the ones that draw, are the WOAT worker. Just cause you're painting something in someone else's vision doesn't mean you're selling out. Morons.

Thats why my position working with artist is:ufdup:
:merchant: .................:dead::sadcam:...................................:mjcry:

That's why I've always been of the position that the art pipeline should be mainly autonomous short of agreed upon themes and other predetermined special request. :jbhmm: My position is that story borders and programmers shouldn't work with anything short of what has already come out of the art pipeline.:stopitslime: I.E. you cook with what's sold at the grocery store. you don't decide on a meal then go to the farmer and ask them to plant your food ...then wait all season for the food to sprout , be harvested, ect. :martin:

This is one reason game dev. takes so damn long.:francis: Agree on needed/useful themes then let the artist :cook: free of the rest of the dev proccess:mjcry:
You :cook: and come up with a game from whatever they bring you. :blessed: Though main characters can be made on the fly :jbhmm:

MY POSITION:
Put simply I take a "Jazz Music" approach to artistic collaboration...
  • I never tell an artist what to create.
  • I improvise(create) based on what other artists put "on the table"

----------------------------------
CONTEXT:
While yes jazz can be composed ....one of the strong suits of a Jazz session is that everyone has the freedom to create within the confines of the current beat and their own god given creative talent. That's the approach I take as well. Except in this case instead of everyone playing an instrument, everyone has their own creative lane...
  • story
  • music
  • illustration
  • 3D modeling
  • game design
  • etc.
...and what any given lane produces is based on what the other lanes inspire them to create at any given time. At which point they can sell their creation individually or collaborate further on more complex creations.

EXAMPLE:
Me as a software/game design guy, acting as a collaborator can then use what the team has collectively put on the table(and they can use what I put on the table) as opposed to one person coming up with some grand idea and pushing other artist to become a "cog in a machine" and create assets they have no real passion to create.

When in doubt consult your ancestors:blessed: ...I did and they gave me that "Jazz Design Method":wow: .......................:mjgrin:

Last edited:

shadowking

All Star
Daps
Second draft is better though :whew:
Now will make a ui page for each of the links and then use invisionapp to animate.
Then customer validation begins again :to:

if you have a website or a landing page and you want to chat with your customers in real time, its easier apparently to just use a tawk.to script and add it to your website. its not so sophisticated but its free forever. just in case. a web programmer can do it for 5$ or you can do it yourself.

Amusing development... got invited to an entrepreneurship competition based on that ui...
It was supposed to be a joke :lolbron:

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IabZNId.jpg

thanks for the rep + daps @videogamestashbox.com :salute:

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn how I miss this post:ohhh: ...I think I just didn't click on the link:patrice: Quality track bruh bruh :ehh: has a really distinct mood/vibe/feel to it that I like:jbhmm:

Hmm.. I gotta keep that offer in mind:ehh: I've been on the look out for artist for the most part:jbhmm:(I'm a software guy :hubie:)
But I've had a pet "artsy" project in mind for awhile to build a world specifically around the mood of a set of tracks(typically music is made to fit a game level not the other way around)
In the world people can walk around and the music changes depending on where they are in the world and what they're doing at the moment.
  • Often people build levels around gameplay ideas and asks the musician to compose something that fits the theme of the level or story at that point
  • I want the musician to make whatever comes to mind, independent of gameplay concerns ...afterwards I build a level that visually matches the sonic mood & tone of the given song

It's nothing terribly fleshed out:whoa: ...it's one of those pet projects at the back of the mind type things.:jbhmm:
Breh, I'm down. I was totally looking for a developer that gets "vibes". I'm open for any ideas. You have anything that I can see as far as your work.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Previews from LAWFUL EVIL
pin up 2
pin up LE xxx

Lawful Evil xxx dream 1

Lawful Evil pin up

THE HIEROPHANTS previews.