"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I'm a huge sci-fi fan. I thought about writing my own book for it. So you writing it or telling the story through a blog?

Both actually! I've got three blog posts up, and i'm at chapter 11/30 for my first draft of it, it's grown exponentially since I started it

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
My web series "Blowed Up".

It's a comedy about two comics and writers on the come-up who have been best friends since high school. They're going through a quarter-life crisis with their dreams, work life, and love life.

Lerone (played by me) is an LA-based, free-spirited, hippyish goof who got married young. Terrence is a New York-based, straight-laced, cautious, by the book type dude who just moved in with his girlfriend -- his first serious relationship.

Lerone pops up on Terrence's doorstep for a surprise visit that reveals a secret that changes everything for everyone.

It's me and my homie playing ourselves with the volume way up. We dropped four episodes but had a huge lapse in episodes because we're coming out of pocket on some low budget labor of love shyt and I'm really flying out from Cali to NY any time we shoot.

We back in production though so new episodes coming before the end of the year :blessed:

Check out what we've got so far. We have fun, get better every episode and got a dope guest feature appearance from Lynne Koplitz, a comedian that has a special on NetFlix right now.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
My pops just wrote a book. Based on events that occured in my family. Names have been changed of course.

A family saga piece.:ehh:

Dope

I'm thinking of doing this for my family

There's some interesting, sad, and funny stories in my family.

But I think I'll channel those into my poetry/short stories instead.

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
A family saga piece.:ehh:

Dope

I'm thinking of doing this for my family

There's some interesting, sad, and funny stories in my family.

But I think I'll channel those into my poetry/short stories instead.

Definitely look into it. There were some things I read in this book that I didn't know about my family. They dynamics of my fathers and grandfathers relationship. Some things I wasn't aware of. I think it would be dope if you did one with your family as well.

Either way let me know when you do the short stories I'd like to read them.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I already posted some info about my game in another thread so I'll report the screenshots here. I'm currently working on a first person platformer using the unreal engine. Here are some early/old screenshots:

shytty house made in Blender
BnlBjSK.jpg

Toying around with cel shading
NkOvn8c.jpg

Making the terrain
xxjTQSY.jpg

Added some roads and grass
sokKb2L.jpg

q65L6Hs.jpg
Hey there! I use UE4 myself, I can make actual cel shaders, if you want, i'll boot up UE4 and actually screenshot said shader in here for you. It's actually for my game anywho, i also do hard surface modelling, so if u want, do hit me up on instagram or on here, i'll def like to know bout this.

:ufdup:Watch Us Make A Game Using "Unreal Engine 3"

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some more old screenshots. Main character looks completely different now:

cwLZvyp.jpg

mGYYVfC.jpg

TS1xm6U.jpg

nice looks like your useing unreal engine 4. I haven't moved from UE3 myself. oddly enough I worked with UE1 skipped UE2 then worked with UE3...don't know if i'll skip UE4 yet.

Edit: Matter a fact I know exactly why I never moved to UE4. I need assets and it's cheaper to wait until they release something with assets I like than buy individual assets from people.

I'm not sure what you mean. But there is a marketplace where you can get assets. There are some free assets you can download if you don't want to pay.

Hey there! I use UE4 myself, I can make actual cel shaders, if you want, i'll boot up UE4 and actually screenshot said shader in here for you. It's actually for my game anywho, i also do hard surface modelling, so if u want, do hit me up on instagram or on here, i'll def like to know bout this.

That's alright. Ultimately I decided to not use cel shading for my game. Also my game will be a freeware game available on patreon so I won't be able to pay you anyway.

You seem very dedicated. Looks like alot of work. There was another breh on here who was making a space survivor game in Blender Game Engine. So it's cool seeing more game developers on here.

Picture of said game in UE4 :smile:

14611085_1444990478847789_8156640969273064911_n.jpg

Cool shot. Appears to be a motorcycle racing game?

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Both actually! I've got three blog posts up, and i'm at chapter 11/30 for my first draft of it, it's grown exponentially since I started it
Looks like your book is ahead of your blog. Did you go to school for writing or something similar like communication?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
New interview courtesy of Colored Content

In this interview with chat with the Along Hawes the creator of the web series Blue Collar Hustle.

1) What inspired you to create the series “Blue Collar Hustle”?
I was dissatisfied with the mainstream media representation of the Black American experience. Even answering this question a year later, you can count on one hand the number of shows that portray Black millennials as anything other than ignorant stereotypes. I decided that instead of sitting around waiting for someone to make the show that I’d want to see, that I would do it myself.

2) Music is the heart of the series. What made you to focus on music?
Hip Hop is the life-blood of the series. Quentin Williams (who plays Quan Banneker) is a real life rapper. The story that we tell in the series first episode is about 80% true. Myself, Quentin, Howard Woodburn (Anthony Lee) and Roberto Cruz (Jose Torres) all met while working together at Best Buy. We’d always get together on breaks and talk about rap, so one day Quentin told me that he himself was a rapper and gave me a flash drive with some music on it. I took it home and was blown away by the quality. So when I conceptualized the series I wrote it hand in hand with Quentin’s music.

3) The series addresses serious topics, including racism, and social justice. What made you choose those topics?
They need to be spoken on, and they need to be spoken on in a manner that isn’t tap dancing around the issues. We as Black people experience life through a different lens, so portions of the show are my attempts to have the audience see with that lens. And whether it is a hue that you can relate to or not, it is honest.

Full interview link

Web Series Creators: Exclusive Interview with Alonge Hawes