"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:patrice:
@Ziggiy what kinda camera setup yall using to shoot shows?

I recently made a thread about the new phone I picked up...
https://www.thecoli.com/posts/39050223/

...cause I didn't know you could get that kinda footage on a phone.
(I'm used to random "karen" / "fight video" phone footage quality as my norm when I think "cell phone footage")

Right now we’re using Sony DSLR cameras. Last season we used a Kinefinity

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Right now we’re using Sony DSLR cameras. Last season we used a Kinefinity

Ok now these are the kind of cameras I assume folks are using any time I see footage at or past a certain quality.
(When I think "cell phone footage" my assumption is of random blurry fight videos)

+1 for putting me on to what a Kinefinity is.:ehh: ...oddly enough my daddy is a photography guy(hobby only) but I just never picked up the camera bug from him, be it photo or film:yeshrug:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth current day... 4 american friends go to Japan and shyt goes left when they get lost on this island...
I fukks wit it
yep.png
....how long you been rolling the idea/concept around in your head?:jbhmm:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I fukks wit it
yep.png
....how long you been rolling the idea/concept around in your head?:jbhmm:
Been mulling it around for a while now..was supposed to be my first screenplay but damn it took forever trying to do it in that format...:francis: funny thing about the that the comedy comes from the black character which is kinda like the main guy we see his thoughts in this crazy situation. Like a guy who's conscious of the horror movie...:heh:

Also wanted to add I'm re-releasing aetheon and k'nuba soon edited and redone!!! :youngsabo:

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ok so I released 3 songs last Friday and as of today, they've all been picked up by multiple Spotify playlists

They're EDM tracks(one is house, one is dubstep, one is electropop)

Any and all streams/likes/shares are appreciated. Preferably on Spotify
Digging the first Track. Very professional sounding and jumps right in from the second I hit play. Great build ups, and breakdowns and transitions. The track is dope and sounds like it could/should be purchased on Beatport. It sounds exactly like something Carl Cox would create/play in the sets of his I've heard online.

I haven't listened to EDM music in a minute but I used to be heavy into the scene. A bit nitpicky, and it's probably because you are talking to The Coli, but I definitely had a different impression of what the sound would be since you called it House. I mean... it is House Music in the sense that House is the umbrella term for EDM but within EDM, it references either an old school Chicago/Detroit sound, or some soulful stuff like Hey Hey by Dennis Ferrer.

I would classify the sound you have on this track like bouncy electro house/tech house if I recall my genres right. I'm sure you already know all the sub-genres, but the right/wrong label can definitely make a difference in appealing to your intended audience.

I'm not a fan of Dubstep so I skipped that one. I gave the ElectroPop song a listen and it was cool. Not very much up my alley, but I always preferred the beats like your first song to the sugary vocals in the second song. It felt very vocal heavy initially, almost like an accapella version and then the beat started dropping towards the middle of the song which built up my expectations but the hard bassline never came. That is probably just me being biased as someone that likes electro more than the other genres though lol. It has the feel of a DJ kicking off his set with strong acapella like this but that hard bassline never dropped lol.

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Digging the first Track. Very professional sounding and jumps right in from the second I hit play. Great build ups, and breakdowns and transitions. The track is dope and sounds like it could/should be purchased on Beatport. It sounds exactly like something Carl Cox would create/play in the sets of his I've heard online.

I haven't listened to EDM music in a minute but I used to be heavy into the scene. A bit nitpicky, and it's probably because you are talking to The Coli, but I definitely had a different impression of what the sound would be since you called it House. I mean... it is House Music in the sense that House is the umbrella term for EDM but within EDM, it references either an old school Chicago/Detroit sound, or some soulful stuff like Hey Hey by Dennis Ferrer.

I would classify the sound you have on this track like bouncy electro house/tech house if I recall my genres right. I'm sure you already know all the sub-genres, but the right/wrong label can definitely make a difference in appealing to your intended audience.

I'm not a fan of Dubstep so I skipped that one. I gave the ElectroPop song a listen and it was cool. Not very much up my alley, but I always preferred the beats like your first song to the sugary vocals in the second song. It felt very vocal heavy initially, almost like an accapella version and then the beat started dropping towards the middle of the song which built up my expectations but the hard bassline never came. That is probably just me being biased as someone that likes electro more than the other genres though lol. It has the feel of a DJ kicking off his set with strong acapella like this but that hard bassline never dropped lol.
Thanks for listening!

Yeah that first track is more tech/future house than old school

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Seeka.Tv Announces Premiere Date For Second Season Of Black On Both Sides
September 16, 2020Michaela P. Shelton

Seeka.tv has announced the premiere date for the second season of Alonge Hawes’s award winning digital series ‘Black On Both Sides’. The second season, titled “Black On Both Sides: Sankofa”, will make it’s first five episodes available for streaming on Monday, October 12th. The series experienced a slight delay in production due to concerns surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic, but it seems Hawes and his crew were able to safely and sufficiently finish filming the highly anticipated sophomore season in time for it’s promised Fall release. In addition to the premiere date, an official season synopsis and title for each of the 8 intended episodes have been provided.

Anansi Moor enters the second season of Black On Both Sides grappling with the state of black America as he continues to juggle his quest for personal vengeance and his ambitions for a brighter future. As continued tragedies push him towards the forefront of a revolution, Anansi must decide if his destiny lies in masterminding from the shadows or grasping the reins of leadership, for his choice will irrevocably entrench not only his own fate, but that of his community.

As in it’s first season, every episode of Black On Both Sides: Sankofa will again be titled and inspired by novels from renowned black authors such as James Baldwin, Zora Neale Hurston, and Langston Hughes. Each title will share thematic resonance with the work it is titled upon. The episode titles are as follows.

seasonindex.jpg

The first season of Black On Both Sides was critically acclaimed, earning 4 star reviews from online publications such as Indyred and 22 Indie Street. Series creator Alonge Hawes was bestowed the Diamond Award for Best Director and Best Actor by the L.A. Shorts Awards. The series was also named Best Web/New Media by the Virgin Spring Cinefest. Co-star Shani Hawes was bestowed the Platinum Award for Best Actress by the L.A. Shorts Awards. The second season has been nominated in three categories ahead of its premiere at the 4th annual Minnesota Webfest, including Best Drama.

Black On Both Sides is created, written, and directed by Hawes, who also stars alongside Julian Robinson as Henry Gil Scott Heron, Kiara Woods as Maya Patterson, Shani Hawes as Nandi Chisholm, Scott Piehler as Cyrus Alexander, Roberto Cruz as Quintoni Mason, and Quentin Williams as Saul Matthews. The series is executive produced by Alonge Hawes and George Reese. Shani Hawes, Jamal Mcclendon, Rodderick Fedd, and Cordarol Sanders serve as producers under A Million Stories One Pen Productions.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Byke with another story that no one's going to read :mjlol: :lupe:

That was a nice read bruh:ehh:

WELL STRUCTURED WORLD DESCRIPTION - This may seem odd but the fact that you moved through the description from the wider context down to the individual left no room for confusion.
I.E. you worked your way down to the specifics 1st-(day & date, location, conditions[weather], character, character thoughts, character history)-last
This is helpful to me because when you do it backwards I have no context for what the character is doing or thinking. Matter a fact another short story back on page 50-60 or something was a good example of that confusion.
It was an interesting story that took place on another planet but because that wasn't made immediately clear I thought he was a (firefighter, spaceship astronaut, extraplanetary solder, etc) at different times in the story because the context of where all this was taking place wasn't clearly laid out. You dodged all of that here which made it very easy to slip into reading.

INTERESTING LOCALE -
While Nephilim(half angel half human) stories go back a ways; the Nepal village setting and ethnicity of the characters means I have little base for assumption(which could be bad or good depending on the reader)
As a result I'm interested in each sentence without immediately assuming I know what will happen next. That lack of assumption also means I'm open to almost whatever happens next.

SUCCINCT - It quickly shows us where this all takes place, who are the players, what's at stake, and drops an opening cliff hanger in a nice quick lil package. There isn't a lot of(if any) fluff or down time here, it gets straight to the point while not glossing over the necessary info to understand it all.

DISLIKES

ONE RUFF TRANSITION - Binsa is being described then the story begins to detail her family, friends, and husband situation for 5 paragraphs ....fine no probs. But when it picks back up with Binsa at the shed the connection was lost for me on if that moment had anything to do with anything immediately before. It might as well had been a week or month after anything stated before.
If not for her concern for her animals, Binsa would've chosen to remain indoors. There was no other reason to be outside in this God-forsaken weather. Aside from her soon-to-be-born son and her husband, her livestock was her heartbeat. For generations, her family had been humble farmers. During the summers, they would farm, and in the winters, they would use their livestock to sell wool, fur, and other commodities.
5 paragraphs
Thoughts of her husband were fresh on her mind as Binsa finally approached the large shed that housed their livestock. Hartaj would've been furious to see his pregnant wife outside in this weather. Binsa was bundled in multiple sets of jackets, and the cold was still slipping through her layers of clothing. All she wanted to do was to make a quick headcount of her livestock, and then she would return to her house, hopefully before Hartaj returned home from his grocery run.
There needs to be something that overtly connects her approaching the shed to the events 5 paragraphs prior. The timeline of events are essentially cut by those 5 paragraphs.

ONE REDUNDANCY - It says they had been fiends eons ago but the nature of their relationship seems to be well described by the surrounding dialog. The very next line essentially restates the same thing.
"Please, brother, no, it's not like that at all!" Hartaj pleaded as slowly walked towards Shalgiel. They had once been friends, but that was eons ago.

"Brother? You dare call me that? You lost the right to call me that word when you betrayed the Alpha and Omega and gave into the callings of the flesh." Disgust oozed from Shalgiel's words. As Angels Shalgiel and Bariel both knew what their most sacred law was, and Bariel had broken it.
...It felt redundant. Anything that added could've just been added in the dialog itself.

EXAMPLE:
"Brother? You dare call me that? You lost the right to call me that word eons ago when you betrayed the Alpha and Omega and gave into the callings of the flesh."

CONCLUSION:
Overall I like the prolog. It sets up the characters, relations, locations, and events just fine.
In regards to the "dislikes" section remember there is a difference between like/dislike and the actual weight ascribed to any given mention.

example - while I felt one half a line was redundant, the weight of that "REDUNDANCY" is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things. On the other hand the "WELL STRUCTURED WORLD DESCRIPTION" is weighted extremely high because it effects the interpretation of everything read subsequently.

BTW....I read your stories bruh:ld: though I haven't read chapter two of the previous one posted yet, I admit :hubie:

5889ef27d60e4.png

Keep pushing, I try to support when I can!
(Feedback, Encouragement, and Collaboration are actually the the main reasons I made this thread ...F.E.C.)

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:jbhmm:
How practical would a "Hyper local" strategy be for Movie/TV production & distribution given the lowered barrier to both, given the internet, cheap gear, and local actors/crew?

"HYPER LOCAL" BUSINESS EXAMPLES:
  • Night club
  • Radio station
  • Affiliate News station
  • Local Restaurant
  • etc.
Can all eat off a single city / metro area. Live nice and put their kids through college. My theory is that shows could consistently be locally produced that are geared to that hyper local audience(Savannah GA, Birmingham AL, New Orleans LA, [insert locale here] etc) in a way that "Hollywood" could never, given their "global" blinders. Once people people start watching shows online staring locals from their area advertisements could be sold to local venues who wouldn't have access otherwise.

LOCAL ADVERTISEMENT TARGETS
  • City events
  • Furniture stores
  • Restaurants
  • Local Joe advertising a venture
  • Other local small businesses
  • etc etc
Basically listen to your local Radio station / Affiliate News station and you will hear all the local ad revenue available. And this is before National advertisement dollars which is the money those YouTubers buy homes and cars with.

CONCLUSION:
I question the need for huge "Hollywood" budgeted productions when the lowered cost of production(hiring local actors & crew) & distribution via the internet has rendered new models highly feasible to access existing ad revenue streams. My question is to what extent do others think that "hyper local" strategy is feasible.

@yezhovschina @Amestafuu (Emeritus) @Dogmatic @Doobie Doo @Charles Foster Breh @humminbird @Ziggiy @Mowgli @Mephistopheles @Drew Wonder @MisterMajesty

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
How practical would a "Hyper local" strategy be for Movie/TV production & distribution given the lowered barrier to both, given the internet, cheap gear, and local actors/crew?

• Night club
  • Radio station
  • Affiliate News station
  • Local Restaurant
  • etc.
Can all eat off a single city / metro area. Live nice and put their kids through college. My theory is that shows could consistently be locally produced that are geared to that hyper local audience(Savannah GA, Birmingham AL, New Orleans LA, [insert locale here] etc) in a way that "Hollywood" could never, given their "global" blinders. Once people people start watching shows online staring locals from their area advertisements could be sold to local venues who wouldn't have access otherwise.

• City events
  • Furniture stores
  • Restaurants
  • Local Joe advertising a small startup
  • etc etc
Basically listen to your local Radio station / Affiliate News station and you will hear all the local ad revenue available. And this is before National advertisement dollars which is the money those YouTubers buy homes and cars with.

CONCLUSION:
I question the need for huge "Hollywood" budgeted productions when the lowered cost of production(hiring local actors & crew) & distribution via the internet has rendered new models highly feasible to access existing ad revenue streams. My question is to what extent do others think that "hyper local" strategy is feasible.

@yezhovschina @Amestafuu (Emeritus) @Dogmatic @Doobie Doo @Charles Foster Breh @humminbird @Ziggiy
so you want a more localized version of youtube with the ad revenue actually going back into the community?
for example, if you live in Fulton country in Georgia you would be getting localized entertainment and events that you could attend and relate too?

it could work but you have to start with a very popular and lively community

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

• Night club
  • Radio station
  • Affiliate News station
  • Local Restaurant
  • etc.

• City events
  • Furniture stores
  • Restaurants
  • Local Joe advertising a venture
  • etc etc

CONCLUSION:

@yezhovschina @Amestafuu (Emeritus) @Dogmatic @Doobie Doo @Charles Foster Breh @humminbird @Ziggiy @Mowgli @Mephistopheles
honestly another thing is you could make this social media

Call it Locale and have people make videos and events that represents their hometown
allow people to look at the way other people live around the country and world
everyone displays their culture and pride