"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:jbhmm:
How practical would a "Hyper local" strategy be for Movie/TV production & distribution given the lowered barrier to both, given the internet, cheap gear, and local actors/crew?

"HYPER LOCAL" BUSINESS EXAMPLES:
  • Night club
  • Radio station
  • Affiliate News station
  • Local Restaurant
  • etc.
Can all eat off a single city / metro area. Live nice and put their kids through college. My theory is that shows could consistently be locally produced that are geared to that hyper local audience(Savannah GA, Birmingham AL, New Orleans LA, [insert locale here] etc) in a way that "Hollywood" could never, given their "global" blinders. Once people people start watching shows online staring locals from their area advertisements could be sold to local venues who wouldn't have access otherwise.

LOCAL ADVERTISEMENT TARGETS
  • City events
  • Furniture stores
  • Restaurants
  • Local Joe advertising a venture
  • Other local small businesses
  • etc etc
Basically listen to your local Radio station / Affiliate News station and you will hear all the local ad revenue available. And this is before National advertisement dollars which is the money those YouTubers buy homes and cars with.

CONCLUSION:
I question the need for huge "Hollywood" budgeted productions when the lowered cost of production(hiring local actors & crew) & distribution via the internet has rendered new models highly feasible to access existing ad revenue streams. My question is to what extent do others think that "hyper local" strategy is feasible.

@yezhovschina @Amestafuu (Emeritus) @Dogmatic @Doobie Doo @Charles Foster Breh @humminbird @Ziggiy @Mowgli @Mephistopheles

Honesly it's a very limiting strategy. You want ONE show that's a written production (i.e actors, writers, etc) to advertise local businesses when it's much easier to create a separate TV show to showcase local businesses (Like Guy Fieri does with restaurants) gain momentum then charge businesses to be featured on the show.

Just start a production company, film and produce your own content. Make sure you own the content and showcase it online, promote it (aka pay people to promote it) and hope it gains a following. Also see what local affiliate stations you can pay to get slots. I had a TV show on Raleigh's local CW channel for a season, I didn't pay the $ but I believe it ran $3500 for a 1AM slot on Saturday night.

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
FEEDBACK REQUEST
NOTE: This is a Preliminary Test video. I still need to add thumbnail, title, and make other small changes. I've been wanting to try YouTube out again with something gaming related and just recently got a new Phone / Camera. After weeks of playing with it I finally feel comfortable producing something. I decided on two show ideas(don't take the term "show" to literally here ...we're talking "themed vlogs" not pseudo studio productions).

CONCEPTS:
1. "Gaming Tales from the Hood" - First planned series of YouTube videos about memorable stories(large & small) where gaming effected my day to day life.
2. "Custom Content" - Second planned series of YouTube videos about custom content created for & in games(full mods, levels, music, etc)

Description - This first video below is the result of me setting up & testing my work flow to produce the videos. The video is short but editing and rendering "dez hoes" can take a full day. I'm trying to get the workflow to something manageable but I need to see what is necessary to get the theme across and what is just extra stuff that can fall off.

What kinda feedback are you looking for?
  • Overall concept feedback (as I want to make various videos around the same theme).
  • How well does the video (pull off / play up) the concept.
  • To what extent does the images / gifs add or take away from the story telling
  • How is the general video quality? (Main changes - dehaze, noise reduction, minor color adjustment)
  • How is the lighting? (should it be lighter ...i'm keeping the overall color scheme)
  • The five above are the main things i'm looking for but feel free to add additional constructive feedback.

If I keep tweeking things I'll never put anything out.
So I decided to go through one full production test slice, hence the above.

5889ef27d60e4.png

(Thank ya much)

@ORDER_66 @The Hierophant @Ziggiy @xCivicx @Turk @RhapSaDiddy @BlackDiBiase @CarmelBarbie @Monsanto @Verbal Kint @Dontay Flaco @letti cook @Daio @MisterMajesty @EndDomination @Big Boda @K.Dot @macadomusic @Shadow King @PikaDaDon @scarlxrd @FRIED MASON @Merc @Flywin Lannister @O Fenômeno @Rhakim @OVER @Abstract83

Last edited:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
so you want a more localized version of youtube with the ad revenue actually going back into the community?
for example, if you live in Fulton country in Georgia you would be getting localized entertainment and events that you could attend and relate too?

it could work but you have to start with a very popular and lively community

:ehh:
I guess that would also work as a way to look at it.

:jbhmm:
From a promotion/revenue standpoint I would describe it as operating like your local Affiliate TV station in terms of local promotion & revenue generation.
The distinction would be that it's...
  • Purely online
  • Only shows locally produced shows(as opposed to nationally syndicated shows like your local station does)
  • Viewable globally across the net(as your local station is only viewable locally)
  • At Most have physical location with host servers, camera equipment, and 6+/- studio rooms that can be reserved for a give time slot.
  • At Least have physical location with host servers for locals to upload video.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
FEEDBACK REQUEST
NOTE: This is a Preliminary Test video. I still need to add thumbnail, title, and make other small changes. I've been wanting to try YouTube out again with something gaming related and just recently got a new Phone / Camera. After weeks of playing with it I finally feel comfortable producing something. I decided on two show ideas.

CONCEPTS:
1. "Gaming Tales from the Hood" - First planned series of YouTube videos about memorable stories(large & small) in my life that revolve around gaming.
2. "Custom Content" - Second planned series of YouTube videos about custom content created for & in games(full mods, levels, music, etc)

Description - This first video below is the result of me setting up & testing my work flow to produce the videos. The video is short but editing and rendering "dez hoes" can take a full day. I'm trying to get the workflow to something manageable but I need to see what is necessary to get the theme across and what is just extra stuff that can fall off.

• Overall concept feedback (as I want to make various videos around the same theme).
  • How is the general video quality? (Main changes - dehaze, noise reduction, minor color adjustment)
  • How is the lighting? (should it be lighter ...i'm keeping the overall color scheme)
  • The five above are the main things i'm looking for but feel free to add additional constructive feedback.

5889ef27d60e4.png

(Thank ya much)

@ORDER_66 @The Hierophant @Ziggiy @xCivicx @Turk @RhapSaDiddy @BlackDiBiase @CarmelBarbie @Monsanto @Verbal Kint @Dontay Flaco @letti cook @Daio @MisterMajesty @EndDomination @Big Boda @K.Dot @macadomusic @Shadow King @PikaDaDon @scarlxrd @FRIED MASON @Merc @Flywin Lannister @O Fenômeno @Rhakim @OVER @Abstract83

Gimme a day or so to get my plate clear. Will watch and get back to you.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
FEEDBACK REQUEST
NOTE: This is a Preliminary Test video. I still need to add thumbnail, title, and make other small changes. I've been wanting to try YouTube out again with something gaming related and just recently got a new Phone / Camera. After weeks of playing with it I finally feel comfortable producing something. I decided on two show ideas.

CONCEPTS:
1. "Gaming Tales from the Hood" - First planned series of YouTube videos about memorable stories(large & small) in my life that revolve around gaming.

5889ef27d60e4.png

(Thank ya much)

The video quality is fine, although the light above your head is distracting and blinding to me. The light needs to be centralized, thanks to those ring lights, that is accomplished en masse by Youtubers. The camera should also start from mid body -rib cage and above- because your face was disappearing from the frame when you leaned down.

Now I hate, HATE watching YouTubers that ramble and don't confirm, talking to talk. Unfortunately you have a lot of that here. Thankfully I can help you really quickly.

When was this?

Year, time

Who was with you?

Interesting story about them really quickly that relates or gives character to the people in the story.

What is the point of the story?

Your story was 11 minutes which could have been told in 4 minutes max. You're smiling and laughing at the story. I want to laugh too, but a lot of it fell flat.

I assume your audience is for people that played SF2 or fighting games.

It was light on gaming references. Was it really a tale from the hood? I was expecting arcade lines and beatdowns or something high octane.

Compare that to this story below.

He also has a lot of screen overlays to assist the narrative. The music change to coincide with the mood. Ties into our current pandemic and generational gap. Things change and can never happen again. I got that from this in 8 minutes and it flowed feeling like 3.

macadomusic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The video quality is fine, although the light above your head is distracting and blinding to me. The light needs to be centralized, thanks to those ring lights, that is accomplished en masse by Youtubers. The camera should also start from mid body -rib cage and above- because your face was disappearing from the frame when you leaned down.

Now I hate, HATE watching YouTubers that ramble and don't confirm, talking to talk. Unfortunately you have a lot of that here. Thankfully I can help you really quickly.

When was this?

Year, time

Who was with you?

Interesting story about them really quickly that relates or gives character to the people in the story.

What is the point of the story?

Your story was 11 minutes which could have been told in 4 minutes max. You're smiling and laughing at the story. I want to laugh too, but a lot of it fell flat.

I assume your audience is for people that played SF2 or fighting games.

It was light on gaming references. Was it really a tale from the hood? I was expecting arcade lines and beatdowns or something high octane.

Compare that to this story below.

He also has a lot of screen overlays to assist the narrative. The music change to coincide with the mood. Ties into our current pandemic and generational gap. Things change and can never happen again. I got that from this in 8 minutes and it flowed feeling like 3.

@Monsanto THIS