"Creative" stuff yall working on?(writing, art, games, music, construction, cooking, gardening, etc)

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
The video quality is fine, although the light above your head is distracting and blinding to me. The light needs to be centralized, thanks to those ring lights, that is accomplished en masse by Youtubers. The camera should also start from mid body -rib cage and above- because your face was disappearing from the frame when you leaned down.

Now I hate, HATE watching YouTubers that ramble and don't confirm, talking to talk. Unfortunately you have a lot of that here. Thankfully I can help you really quickly.

When was this?

Year, time

Who was with you?

Interesting story about them really quickly that relates or gives character to the people in the story.

What is the point of the story?

Your story was 11 minutes which could have been told in 4 minutes max. You're smiling and laughing at the story. I want to laugh too, but a lot of it fell flat.

I assume your audience is for people that played SF2 or fighting games.

It was light on gaming references. Was it really a tale from the hood? I was expecting arcade lines and beatdowns or something high octane.

Compare that to this story below.

He also has a lot of screen overlays to assist the narrative. The music change to coincide with the mood. Ties into our current pandemic and generational gap. Things change and can never happen again. I got that from this in 8 minutes and it flowed feeling like 3.

Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it!!
5889ef27d60e4.png

1. I'm keeping the lighting - took me 2-3 days to get the look I was going for. The top light gives the rest of the room a contrasting color that I like v.s. the blue background. Between figuring out iso, shutter, white balance, resolution, frame rate, file type, bla bla bla I'm not touching anything else. That's before getting the room lighting acceptable(I eventually had to turn the lamp towards the wall instead of my face to get the look I wanted). This is important because I have no desire to be a "youtuber"(I.E. make a living from it.) so the more time I put into it the less I want to do it. This is spare time "hmm this is interesting" stuff for me, I've no particular love for this stuff.

That said camera placement could change, my only concern is not showing the couch, coffee table, and house speakers behind me. The second concern is that I cast both my camera readout & bullet talking point notes from my phone to the screen in front of me so there will always be an extra white glare which was the only thing that bothered me before(hence turning the reading lamp around). Also when I move the camera to far it's hard to glance over and check my bullet talking points without it being obvious.

Though the extent to me moving in/out the camera i'm not worried about. That's just repetition repetition repetition I.E. as I shoot videos I'll figure out my range of movement what works and doesn't for my taste. That's why I asked mostly technical/presentation type questions as opposed to performance questions. Performance changes with experience as you shake butterflies, note common themes/transitions in each taping, camera/location limitations, etc. videos 1-9 could have me out of frame at times while videos 10-n might not. I'm not worried about that. I've seen folks 20-30 videos in before they really hit their stride.

2. "don't confirm"? I have no idea what that means bruh:ld: In terms of "talking to talk" well that's exactly what this is. It's just not content for you which is fine:yeshrug:
Which again is why I asked...

"mostly technical/presentation type questions as opposed to performance questions. Performance changes with experience as you shake butterflies, note common themes/transitions in each taping, camera/location limitations, etc. videos 1-9 could have me [insert issue here] at times while videos 10-n might not. I'm not worried about that. I've seen folks 20-30 videos in before they really hit their stride."

....also technical/presentation type questions are largely independent of if a person likes the content or format(hence why I specified those type of questions).
Example: I'm not particularly interested in makeup and product opening videos in terms of content; while I'm not a fan of talking head videos with excessive jump cuts in terms of format but I can make an assessment on other technical/presentation things independent my issues with content/format.

3. The audience is gamers which is independent of the game, this video just happened to be about street fighter 2. I have another planned video about going to a drug dealers house to play 007 golden eye on N64, my brother finding out, and subsequently being bared from stepping foot in that house again. I have yet another about being given a university budget to open and run a game room on campus. I.E. this is about the life and times of a gamer and how that hobby interacts with real life events. The nature of the story will depend on what I want to tell. It could be something as simple as my sister getting mad, storming out the room, and permanently quitting the legend of zelda because a wallmaster dragged her back to the beginning of the level she almost beat. Depends on my mood.

This isn't a comedy channel:russ: ...I'm laughing because I think it's funny. Whether someone else thinks something is funny isn't even on my radar. :yeshrug:
Don't take the word "show" to literally it's just a themed vlog. I.E. I talk about stuff that interest me ...but instead of talking about any and everything I talk about / reflect on / reminisce about life events that also revolved around gaming. There are no "punch lines" as it were, I'm not "going for the laugh" or anything.

Oh yeah in terms of the questions asked, I already have a general template I'm working with. Was toying with the idea of cleaning those up I already have and putting some form of these bullet points on the left side of the screen. I always appreciate those topical points in videos actually.
  • Game discussed today
  • What related real world event
  • Where & Who
  • Sequence of events
  • Resulting in
  • Closing comments

NOTE:
the bullet points I used for this first video were...

Drowning in the light.
1. Florida beach overview
2. Who is there
3. Playing in the pool
4. Sf moves
5. brother leaves
6. Blanka ball
7. almost drowned
8. brother saves me
9. parents come down
10. goto beach
11. play Sf arcade
12. parents never knew
13. recently thought about it
14. perfect first video

And by video 10 the bullet point format will look different. Same at video 20 or 30. It'll probably flux between general and specific till I find a good middle ground.

:jbhmm:
Stuff like date and time is too specific for my taste. Only video I would bring that up in is one about playing Counter Strike(a counter terrorist game) at a friends house when the world trade center was hit I.E. 9/11 and the immediate following events that went on in the house and in my head following the news report.

4. I only watched the first couple seconds of the video given because it seemed to similar and I didn't want to overwrite any ideas I have.:francis::yeshrug:

Again hanks for the feedback I appreciate it!!
5889ef27d60e4.png

(especially the camera placement stuff as I have wiggle room there ...technically I have wiggle room with the lights also I'm just not emotionally invested enough to care about purchasing anything extra. The only additional "equipment" I plan to buy is a Zhiyun smooth X tripod for group family photos/shots and a bendable tripod so I can mount the camera at odd angles)

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Breh

This is fire. Need them beats to be turned up.

Need this single.

:dj2:
:salute:appreciare that fam, album dropping next week! The quality should be on par, I think the site I used to put the photo with the music compressed my quality too much... But imma post my album links when it drops!

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
honestly another thing is you could make this social media

Call it Locale and have people make videos and events that represents their hometown
allow people to look at the way other people live around the country and world
everyone displays their culture and pride

:ehh:
That locale idea doesn't sound bad, especially given the way social media can homogenize things these days.
We know whats floating around but not exactly where any given thing is coming from. As a result everything just becomes a hodge podge of individuals doing [X].

Hmmm.... you got my mind going:patrice:

Concept:
  • Instead of a social media of individuals it could be a social media of cities.
  • The main delineator for site content being cities(individuals having profiles for basic communication & upload purposes)
  • The city profile having whatever set of individual content that is trending
  • Individuals can follow cities outside their own.
  • Individuals can follow other individuals, but only within their own city.(otherwise there is little to distinguish it from other services)
  • Individuals can comment/DM anyone worldwide
Interface:
  • The main page being a zoomable globe/map with icons representing regions, countries, cities(depending on your zoom)
  • Depending on what locale is getting the most traffic the icon gets bigger,glows,etc to indicate trending location
  • By default you are following the city you reside in.
  • Once zoomed to a city a new dashboard pops with trending content.
  • City dashboard/mainpage is where most content is served
  • City dashboard/mainpage content can be sorted/preferenced for desired interests
While this isn't near anything I was originally thinking of it's an interesting idea on it's own. If for no other reason than being conceptually distinct from other things on the market.

:jbhmm:
I know Python(programming language) has mapping libraries via folium that does this kinda stuff.
1*EJaBi5KsJAWBJa02Un3ejg.png

1000recordsmap.png

I wasn't even on this wavelength before in terms of purely "social media".
Though I have been thinking of making both a game and an African history website using these python mapping libraries
(hence why they came to mind)

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Schelle Purcell and Nolan Martin Promoted To Series Regulars On ‘Black On Both Sides’
September 30, 2020Michaela P. Shelton
banner508x752-copy.jpg

Fans of two of the most duplicitous characters on Seeka.TV’s drama series ‘Black On Both Sides’ now have added reason to anticipate the show’s return in early October, as the network today has announced that both Schelle Purcell and Nolan Martin have been promoted to series regulars for the upcoming second season.

Schelle Purcell plays the beautiful, ambitious, and driven Lilith Alexander, wife to antagonist Cyrus (Scott Piehler) and a woman who believes that her goals come second to nothing or no one. Lilith appeared in two episodes of ‘Black On Both Sides’ inaugural season, including the 6th episode “The Audacity Of Hope” which was named Best Webisode by The Calcutta International Cult Film Festival.

Nolan Martin plays the aggressive and single-minded Joseph Ross, a fellow employee at Legacy Wireless and competitive foil to protagonist Anansi Moor (Alonge Hawes). A man as cunning as he is envious of those above him on the corporate ladder, Joseph will stop at nothing to achieve power and influence within the company. Martin also appeared in two episodes during the first season, most notably the 5th episode “Their Eyes Were Watching God”, which was given a 4 star review from online publications Indyred and 22 Indie Street.

schelle-purcell.jpg

Purcell, herself an accomplished auteur, is best known for writing and directing the feature film “Two Wrongs”, as well as serving as the host for the internet program “Love Line”.

Purcell is repped by HWF Productions.

img_0674-nolan-martin-nolan-martin.jpg

Martin, whose background is rooted in theater; is best known for portraying the character of Otto from the OnStage Atlanta production of Spring Awakening. He is also a co-founder, producer, and actor for the stage improv group Tipsy Tales.

Black On Both Sides is created by Alonge Hawes, who also serves as writer, director, and executive producer. Hawes also stars as the series protagonist Anansi Moor alongside Julian Robinson (Henry Gil Scott Heron) Kiara Woods (Maya Patterson) Scott Piehler (Cyrus Alexander) and Shani Hawes (Nandi Chisholm). Jamal Mcclendon, Rodderick Fedd, Cordarol Sanders, and Shani Hawes serve as producers under A Million Stories One Pen Productions. The second season titled “Black On Both Sides: Sankofa” will premiere October 12th.

Seeka.tv is a next generation curated platform providing access to the most popular and critically acclaimed independent web series across the globe. The platform boasts nearly 2,000 episodes across more than 150 shows. Seeka.tv offers free viewership from both its online source as well as apps available on iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire, and Android.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I need to find a major artist worth his weight man cause these fiverr nikkas can't really draw for shyt all they do is photoshop $300 down the fukking drain!!!:pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Web Series Film review
Black On Both Sides
Season 2 - Sankofa

4-16_20.png

Written by: Alonge Hawes | Directed by: Alonge Hawes | Genre: Drama

John Redding is shot and killed by the police department as he eats at home by himself. As expected, this blows things up and gets the audience ready for the season. Meanwhile, Anansi Moor (Alonge Hawes) prepares to be fired from Legacy Wireless because of his activation scam in season 1. He doesn't want to be fired, and uses his sales numbers to convince Cyrus (Scott Piehler) to give him one more chance. Cyrus does, but with a demotion.

Henry Gil Scott Heron (Julian Robinson) explodes on his podcast discussing John and demanding the police footage be released as Anansi comes up with a new way to beat the Legacy system. It's a smart idea and since Anansi is still the boss of the sales floor, it can be done. Meanwhile, Lilith (Schelle Purcell) is sent in to do some recon for Cyrus, during a rally about John Redding's death. During a meeting, Anansi has a small slip in from his normally quiet and calculating personality when people are discussing the BLM movement, putting everyone on edge briefly. Things are heating up in the world of Black On Both Sides, and Cyrus asks Anansi to help Lilith with her speech. He reluctantly agrees.

Shortly after, Henry has a physical confrontation at work with his new boss, forcing Anansi to smooth things over using blackmail and Cyrus, gets an unexpected visitor at his office. The purpose of this visit is to paint a different picture of Cyrus, and show us viewers that he's done some pretty bad stuff himself in the past. This season of Black On Both Sides Sankofa closes with Anansi formerly deciding to get involved in the rallies and protests with his company, Sankofa Industries.

b22sanko_orig.jpg

Season 2 starts almost right where season 1 left off. It consists of 5 episodes all of different lengths and focusing on racism more than anything else. Season 1 was more about Anansi and his attempt to get some cash to start his new business venture, and to some extent Henry Gil Scott Heron's podcast. Season 2 comes in more with the racism issues.

The acting of season 2 is still top notch, maybe even better. But the production quality remains about the same. As long as you know this is a low budget series, you should be fine. More than fine actually because Alonge Hawes directs some really fine episodes. Black On Both Sides Sankofastrives to contain much more of an emotional wallop this time round. The subject matter is much more on par with what's going on in the real world, giving the audience much more real life emotion to draw on. But under it all is still the characters we've come to enjoy watching, and there is still a climbing to power story. The season ends on another cliffhanger so I'm expecting season 3 to be in the works. This season, season 2, starts off a little shaky but quickly finds its pacing and gets to it. Another highly enjoyable season, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The Word According To Hawes
October 19, 2020Michaela P. Shelton
dsc00055-1.jpg

He put on for Atlanta as the creator of Blue Collar Hustle
He put on for black America as the creator of Black On Both Sides
Now on the precipice of releasing the fiery and unapologetic second season of his critically acclaimed drama, Alonge Hawes wants to put on for something even more important.
Himself.

Alonge Hawes sits intently staring at his laptop screen, studying lines of dialogue and prose. His eyes dart back and forth rapidly as he soaks in scenes, characters, plot and themes. “A script is the most simplest thing in the world, and at the same time it’s the most complex”, Hawes waxes philosophically, his gaze never wavering. Finally, he looks up and runs his hands through his head as he sighs heavily. “The reason why he’s the best is because he can simplify complex themes and compound upon and expand simple ideas. That is the markings of a true genius.” Hawes looks directly at me, the same intense gaze with which he was staring at the words on the laptop now directed towards me. “That’s what I’m chasing. Genius.”

The script that has so enraptured our article’s subject is Donald Glover’s Pilot from his Emmy award winning series “Atlanta”. Having premiered on September 6th, 2016; Hawes marks this as a day when his own life changed. He had two months prior, begun working on the outline for his own scripted series, to take place in his hometown of Atlanta and feature a group of black men attempting to create a record label. “Atlanta”, sharing the same location and a similar premise, was a source of great intrigue for Hawes (himself already a huge Donald Glover fan) but when he watched the first two episodes that fateful September evening, he became instantaneously aware of two things. “Firstly, that this was going to be the greatest television show of all time. And secondly, I was going to have to commit to myself to reaching that level of greatness or just quit right here and now.” Hawes chose the latter, and on February 12th, 2017, his first web series “Blue Collar Hustle” was made available via Youtube. “I didn’t reach that level with the first season of my first series”, Hawes laughs softly, “But there was enough quality there and enough support that I could keep going.” The “quality” Hawes is speaking of is that Blue Collar Hustle’s six episode first season was picked up by several independent streaming platforms, including Kweli TV, Goindie TV, and most fruitfully Seeka.tv. The “support” that he is speaking of is the 22 official selections and 24 wins that were bestowed upon that first season by film festivals across the globe including Europe (London Independent Film Award for Best Web Series) India (AAB International Film Festival for Best Web Series) and stateside (L.A. Shorts Award for Best Actor and Best Web Series). In early 2018, during filming for Blue Collar Hustle’s second season, Seeka.tv took a risk and entered into a marketing partnership with the fledgling creative. In return for utilizing their marketing and promotional muscle, Blue Collar Hustle season 2 was made available as a 6 month exclusive on the platform. The gamble paid off, as the second season debuted at number 1 on Seeka.tv’s most watched series list, and also marked the highest rated premier of any of Seeka’s 150 shows. Instead of milking his newfound success, Hawes went left and created a brand new series. “I needed a new challenge,” Hawes opines, “We could have easily done three more seasons of Blue Collar Hustle and I would’ve been comfortable. But comfortability is the death of creativity and I needed something new.” That something new was Black On Both Sides. A searing and unflinching look at black identity as told from the perspectives of four black professionals who are mastering the art of “code switching”. “If you are black and especially if you are black in America, code switching isn’t a term that needs explanation”, he says with another heavy sigh, “It’s simply part of our existence. Our very survival relies upon making white people comfortable, being nonthreatening, being docile and subservient. I thought to myself, what if we used that as a weapon? That’s when I cracked the story.”

Hawes pitched the project to Seeka.TV, who immediately greenlit the series. Upon its release Black On Both Sides was critically acclaimed, scoring 4 star reviews from sites such as Indyred and Reelromp. The first season also earned Hawes Best Director honors from the Global Film Festival (making him the first black man to win in that category) and Best Screenplay from the Oniros Film Awards. These successes led to a greenlight for a second season and also a series development deal with the black owned streaming and entertainment company Jaro Media. With all of these achievements, you’d expect Hawes to be joyful, exuberant, reveling in his good fortune. Instead, as he continues to stare at Donald Glover’s script, he seems pensive and studious. In his mind still trying to crack the code to that ever elusive genius.

dsc00064-1.jpg

Season 2 of Black On Both Sides premiered on October 12th and I must say the first five episodes were pretty intense. Without giving too much away, what can viewers look forward to in the remainder of the season?

The final three episodes will conclude Anansi’s story, so I constructed those episodes to culminate almost like a three act play. Episode 6 is the beginning of the end as Anansi comes to grips with making a final decision regarding who he truly is. Episode 7 is the middle, where the stakes are highest and all pieces move towards the finale. Episode 8 is the end, where the final confrontation between Cyrus and Anansi will take place.

Also, congratulations on your new development deal with Jaro Media! What details can you share with us about this partnership and upcoming series?

In a perfect world, I’d be finishing post production on the project now and freely able to talk about it. However, due to pushbacks stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic, we are still early in production so I can’t say a whole lot. I will say that the project is different from any other that I’ve ever done. It will be a serialized ten episode season, it will star my long-time collaborators Quentin Williams and Brittaney Traylor, and it will be dope! Shoutouts to Richard DeVaughn (Founder and CEO of Jaro Media) for greenlighting the project. It’ll be worth the wait!

When did you discover that writing was your passion?

When I was around 7 or 8. I was always writing and creating my own black superhero comic books. Then I wrote a play when I was 12. Then for my 13th birthday my parents brought me a camcorder and me and my siblings would create movies based on little scripts I wrote.

What is the most rewarding part of being an auteur?

Having the control to make sure that your vision comes to fruition 100%. When I write a script I have a specific vision in my head for how I want it to look and feel. So directing, producing, and acting is just as extension of making sure the script is realized to its maximum potential.

Describe your creative process when writing a script.

First I’ll write an outline for the script. This will help me guide the characters from point A to Point B in broader strokes. Then I begin writing the script, which honestly is just a fine tune of the outline. Once I finish, I send it to my producers to read and then they give me feedback. Once I get the feedback I might change or tune up a few things, then it’s done.

Out of all the scripts you’ve written which script do you feel is the most impactful and why?

The most impactful is probably the 6th episode of Black On Both Sides season 1, titled “The Audacity Of Hope” (the name taken from the autobiography written by Barack Obama) I got a LOT of feedback from that episode and the audience really seemed to like it.

What makes an Alonge Hawes Original Series unique from all other digital content?

When your getting an “Alonge Hawes Original” that means that it came from my brain and heart. It’s unique because no one else has walked in my shoes, lived what I’ve lived, or can be who I am. Just as we are all unique individuals, my stories are unique to my views, thoughts, and experiences.

With so much Black talent in Atlanta, we are curious to know your process of selecting your cast and crew.

Many of my cast members are first time actors, who I’ve known for years and know are talented; they just needed a springboard for their talent. Most times I’ll write a character specifically for a person because I know they can knock it out of the park. My production crew is 100% black talent, from the cinematographer to our sound editing. I’m trying to give unknown or underutilized black talent a springboard to eventually ascend to greater avenues.

I am very impressed that you were the main protagonist for both of your digital series. How do you balance directing and acting?

90% of my directing is in rehearsals and table reads. We rehearse twice per week, so when we’re onset and I yell “ACTION”; everyone pretty knows what I expect. So that helps me concentrate on acting when we’re filming.

2020 has been a very hectic year. How do you feel that the ongoing Pandemic and continuous racial injustice has affected you creatively?

The problem, and what frustrates me the most, is that Black On Both Sides seasons 1 and 2 are really addressing atrocities from 2-3 years ago. The fact that it is so relevant in present day 2020 is more horrifying than anything. Black On Both Sides was meant to be a fictionalized cautionary tale of what can happen when a people are pushed to the brink of despair for no other reason than the colour of their skin, and the consequences that such despair could wrought. But because of the despicable actions caused by the systemic racism of law enforcement, the series is more of a time capsule that will represent the black trauma of the coming decade. I am not proud to say that, but it is what it is.

The character you played on your first digital series Blue Collar Hustle and Black On Both Sides are very dissimilar. Which character would you say you can relate to the most and why?

In some ways I relate to Ajani (from Blue Collar Hustle) and in some ways I relate to Anansi. I am not either of them, but they are both inspired from parts of my psyche. I guess it really depends on the day and mood that I am which one I would identify with more.

dsc00060-1.jpg

As a filmmaker, what has been your most memorable experience thus far?

It’s all been one giant memorable journey for me. I can’t speak to one thing that sticks out. This has just been an incredible experience.

Just last month you were the keynote speaker for the Annual Minnesota Webfest. What was it like to be given that opportunity?

It was amazing! I loved the opportunity and am thankful to the organizers of that incredible festival for having me.

Your key inspirations are Langston Hughes, Spike Lee and Donald Glover. In what ways has each of these creatives inspired you?

Langston Hughes was an incredible poet and author, his work has truly stood the test of time and much of it reads as fresh today as I’m sure it did during his time period. Spike Lee is one of the greatest auteur filmmakers of all time, and an underrated script writer. Do The Right Thing is my favorite film of all time, and the dialogue is just so lyrical and powerful. Donald Glover is a God in the flesh. He really might be the greatest writer who ever lived if you take into account his music, screenplays, stand up comedy. Look at the episode from season 1 of Atlanta, it’s the seventh episode titled “B.A.N”. It’s one of the SMARTEST episodes of television ever written. If you don’t seek to achieve that level of greatness then you shouldn’t write. Period.

Both of your series have been episodic dramas. Are there plans to venture out into other genres and other forms of digital content in the near future?

There are always plans. Stay tuned.

In your opinion, what are the qualifications for a work to be considered “for the culture”?

It has to be authentic. Culture cannot be duplicated. It can be appropriated and co-opted, but never duplicated. Culture is authentic, it FEELS real. It TASTES tangible. It’s a unifying force that brings people together. Culture in itself, is spiritual in nature. When you are “For The Culture” then that means you are contributing to that spiritual force, so you better come correct.

To stay updated with Alonge Hawes, make sure to follow him on Instagram at @Alonge_Hawes.

dsc00068-1.jpg