Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

Superstar
Daps
ND Athletics has made an official statement:

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

This REEKS of bullshyt.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
Notre Dame official statement:
On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Interesting that the Notre Dame phrasing implies that the girl exists somehow but didn't actually die? Huh?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Neither of those possibilities make any sense.

1. If Manti is gay, why even make a fake twitter account to do this shyt? Why not just keep it on the downlow and use your cellphone?

2. If he was embarrassed, why concoct a fake autobiography for a fake person and allow your school newspaper along with the national media to run with it for months and months and months?

Bottom line: Manti Te'o is a pathological liar.

1) Its possible because he knows dude.

2) Why concoct it? Because it helped his heisman status and profile. Dude is a obviously a pathological liar, but its all about the why. I think dude is a gay.

Superstar
Daps
1) Its possible because he knows dude.

2) Why concoct it? Because it helped his heisman status and profile. Dude is a obviously a pathological liar, but its all about the why. I think dude is a gay.

That's ridiculous. If he didn't want people to know, the twitter wouldn't have been made, period.

And I refuse to believe that Te'o is stupid enough to think a fake dead girlfriend with NO next of kin and nobody to corroborate the story would win him the Heisman.

There's more going on here than we know.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Remember that dude who faked choosing a team on signing day and those schools never heard of him?

This reminds me of that story

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neither of those possibilities make any sense.

1. If Manti is gay, why even make a fake twitter account to do this shyt? Why not just keep it on the downlow and use your cellphone?

2. If he was embarrassed, why concoct a fake autobiography for a fake person and allow your school newspaper along with the national media to run with it for months and months and months?

Bottom line: Manti Te'o is a pathological liar.

:ohword: I don't give a shyt about theory 2 but my thinkings for theory 1 is this.

He's a huge, big name player. When you have all that attention people expect you to have a girlfriend or something that like that. Maybe this was his way of not only parlaying the lie into some good PR, but it would ensure nobody in the media, school, etc. would ever think twice about someone of his stature being without a girlfriend of any sort.

"I'm so traumatized by the heartbreak and loss that I don't think I'll be able to let go of her, it's such a difficult situation that I have to learn and cope with day in and day out. :sadcam: "

Now, granted, he is probably a narcissistic demon who is undoubtedly a pathological fraud nikka, but I honestly see that as a genuine possibility. Think about it though, he got away with this for so long in the face of huge media people that he probably never thought anybody would ever think to question it.

It's just like any traumatic event that might be a lie or hoax. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or sensibilities so we just take what they tell us as gospel.

You only know what people tell you. :ehh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
That's ridiculous. If he didn't want people to know, the twitter wouldn't have been made, period.

And I refuse to believe that Te'o is stupid enough to think a fake dead girlfriend with NO next of kin and nobody to corroborate the story would win him the Heisman.

There's more going on here than we know.

I think he actually is. :russ:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:ohword: I don't give a shyt about theory 2 but my thinkings for theory 1 is this.

He's a huge, big name player. When you have all that attention people expect you to have a girlfriend or something that like that. Maybe this was his way of not only parlaying the lie into some good PR, but it would ensure nobody in the media, school, etc. would ever think twice about someone of his stature being without a girlfriend of any sort.

"I'm so traumatized by the heartbreak and loss that I don't think I'll be able to let go of her, it's such a difficult situation that I have to learn and cope with day in and day out. :sadcam: "

Now, granted, he is probably a narcissistic demon who is undoubtedly a pathological fraud nikka, but I honestly see that as a genuine possibility. Think about it though, he got away with this for so long in the face of huge media people that he probably never thought anybody would ever think to question it.

It's just like any traumatic event that might be a lie or hoax. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or sensibilities so we just take what they tell us as gospel.

You only know what people tell you. :ehh:
exactly

How does his school even defend this? I don't get it.
because they used it for their gain.