Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Voice sounds a little throaty, but I suppose some girls sound like that. I'd like to know what date these voice mails are from.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Also ESPN need to fire their whole journalist team. How the fukk does an exclusive like this of the voicemails end up on Katie Couric show over the largest sports channel? Especially since you got the first interview.

you do know that ESPN and ABC are part of Disney right?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So he was talking to a man :huhldup:, this story is getting wilder

iDmLyLumbxAUV.gif

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
...this shyt is creepin me out brehs:wtf:

them voice mails are strange, thats a dude doing that? i thought there were actual chicks involved in this trolling too...

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
My working theory:
There has never been an active player in major college sports (All-American level football, basketball) or professional athlete (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) who has been openly gay. As a gay man myself, I have long hoped that an All-Star caliber player with a big fan base will be the first to come out during his playing career. If I were Te'o I would not want to be that trailblazer for several reasons and don't want him to be forced to come out; the first athlete should come out on his own terms.

I tend to think Lennay's "death" was Te'o breaking up with Ronaiah. I think that Ronaiah was devastated by the breakup and threatened to blackmail Te'o if he didn't do certain things such as publicly acknowledge his "girlfriends" death at the Michigan game and likely a number of other things we haven't yet heard about.

When Deadspin published their factual, non-speculative article ND public relations and Te'o's agent went into crisis mode. In the coming days Matthew Hiltzik would be hired as he is the best crisis communications/positive spin guy in the country. Te'o's team and Ronaiah likely negotiated a deal where Ronaiah would confess to everything and Te'o would not lash out against Ronaiah in the media. Ronaiah likely signed a very solid confidentiality agreement in exchange for compensation.

Te'o appears on Katie Couric's show (Why Katie? Hiltzik also represents her) and Te'o's story of being the victim is showcased to the American public. The story fades into the background.

Why am I so confident that this scenario is true? Simple: Te'o's answer to the question of why he didn't ever visit Lennay in the hospital; "it never occurred to me." That answer is the most revealing thing Te'o has said and in my opinion is very telling.

stevieray.gif

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I can see him pulling off the voice for long periods of time. But did that nikka never have to sneeze or cough on the phone? No way he could fake that as a girl when it comes unexpectedly :laff: