Crazy article about Notre Dame player Manti Te’o - Says dead girlfriend is a hoax

Magnus Warhol

Black + White = Love
Daps
Reppin
93 Million Miles from the Sun
The only problem I have with this story is that if Te'O really thought that his girlfriend died of leukemia - leukemia for christ sake - why would he not reach out the family with condolences? Send her flowers? Go to the funeral? Why did he NOT show any sign of empathy? A normal human being would have done something, anything to show respect for his fallen girlfriend.
:what:

The most logical conclusion is that he is an arrogant uncaring person. I thought he was supposed to be this great guy, but yet he wont take time to mourn his girlfriend? He is a devout Mormon, but yet he did not reach out to her family in September after she died. If he really was the victim of a hoax, then his character looks just as bad. Give me a break.
:comeon:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What if I told you a Heisman-candidate linebacker fooled us into thinking he could tackle? "Manti Te'o: The Lyin' Hawaiian" A new 30 for 30 film by ESPN
A description almost identical to this was posted on Grantland today.

The Sports Guy's All-Te'o Mailbag - Grantland
Q: What if I told you a Heisman finalist fooled us into thinking he could tackle? "Manti Te'o: The Lyin' Hawaiian." A new film from ESPN and 30 for 30.
—Zach, Los Angeles
:dwillhuh:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Even if he makes it to Sundays, the shyt he gonna get from the fans on the road :pachaha:

Imagine him being drafted by the Raiders, and goes into SD to see a row of empty seats with a banner on them saying Manti's Girls :dead:
Beyond Vulgar....this would be obscene :wow:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Coli posters gotta watermark their own posts now? :russ:

Alright we need a poll or something. What do you brehs think. Did he get hoaxed at first and then ran with it cuz he was too embarrassed or because it's known that him and Ronny T were good friends Did Te'o and him plan this hoax together from scratch for publicity/as a cover up for their Frank Ocean relationship?

Samoans scrambling like shyt. That Arizona Cards player should not be allowed to live talking about "I met her before" smh. The person who said that Te'o was 100% victim was the same person who was "80% sure Te'o was in own the hoax". Now this back from the grave phone call too? Ok I know I said this before but THIS time I'm done foreal foreal until this boy Te'o speaks.

Stole this

Jacques Casimir · Austin, Texas
The updated timeline if you think Te'o was covering for a gay relationship.

2009-2011 During this time Te'o meets Tuiasosopo, the two whom come from religious football pacific islander families spend time together and form a relationship, whether its consummated doesn't matter. The story of the girlfriend was developed at this time (possibly from Tuiasosopo) who had dabbled in creating online people. The whole point of the story was to dupe Te'o's family.

2011 Things went well for a while, sometime around here Tuiasosopo has a car accident. I believe Te'o is shook up and comes up with the story of his GF having the car accident so he can grieve openly.

2012 Te'os fame and prominence rise to heights he would not expect. There is an incredible about of media buzz as they want to know everything and everyone connected to the players. fearing to be discovered, Te'o and Tuiasosopo come up with the plot to kill her off, if she is dead she can't give anymore interviews. They attempt to slide her death in at the same time as his grandmothers for a few reasons. One the death of his grandmother would mean he would attend that funeral and woulnd't have to explain to his family why he isn't going to Lennay's funeral. Secondly I believe they thought the timing of it, at the same time as his grandmother's death, was done to try and hide it in the onslaught of press, but the opposite happened. The press jumped on board the dead girlfriend theme and ran with it. Te'o liked the idea because first it allows his to play grieving widower which gives him some cover for a while from girls. Secondly he liked the publicity, and it was lots of good publicity. As 2012 wraps up, Te'o is feeling good.

December 2012 During this time, I believe Tuiasosopo and Te'o had a falling out/ breakup. Te'o fearing Tuiasosopo would out him, he takes to the offensive by coming up with the whole super scam story. Painting the narrative that Tuiasosopo is crazy and harassing him, then it makes Tuiasosopo less credible and anything he says can be brushed off.

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Coli posters gotta watermark their own posts now? :russ:

Alright we need a poll or something. What do you brehs think. Did he get hoaxed at first and then ran with it cuz he was too embarrassed or because it's known that him and Ronny T were good friends Did Te'o and him plan this hoax together from scratch for publicity/as a cover up for their Frank Ocean relationship?

Samoans scrambling like shyt. That Arizona Cards player should not be allowed to live talking about "I met her before" smh. The person who said that Te'o was 100% victim was the same person who was "80% sure Te'o was in own the hoax". Now this back from the grave phone call too? Ok I know I said this before but THIS time I'm done foreal foreal until this boy Te'o speaks.

Stole this

Someone really, REALLY needs to get that poll up. The numbers and results that would come in would be :whew:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Lets be real here brehs...that espn story with Shelby Smith is BULLshyt. Mante Teo's representative are CAA. They just trying to set it up so that dude could take the fall so it could support Teo's story.

it aint the first time Agents concoct stories to hide shyt.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if this was posted already, but take a look at this article from Yahoo.

Just when we all thought the story of Manti Te’o’s fake/dead girlfriend couldn’t get any weirder, it, well, does.

The Honolulu Star-Advertiser posted a story Friday saying Te’o's fictitious girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, called Te’o on Dec. 6 and told he she faked her death to evade drug dealers.

And we're officially off the rails.

Te’o and Kekua had been dating since 2011 when Kekua supposedly passed away in September after a short bout with leukemia. Te’o, heartbroken, used several media outlets to tell the story of his girlfriend and the inspiration she provided him, but said this week he did not know she did not exist. He did acknowledge that their relationship was online and on the phone and that he had never actually met Kekua in person.

So, imagine Te’o’s surprise when Kekua, who has been dead for nearly three months, calls Te’o and tells him her tale of woe.

According to the article, Kekua – or whoever the person is posing as Kekua – tried to start the relationship back up again, but Te’o was leery of it. He asked Kekua to send him a photo with a date stamp on it so he could verify that was really her. She sent him the photo, but it was not enough to convince him. In the following weeks, he went to his family and coaches and told them he had been the victim of a hoax that began in 2009.

Lennay Kekua told Manti Te

Now we've got drug dealers involved :laugh: Ok, I'm done with this until he actually speaks to the media.

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
I'm getting to think like Lebs now..."we're talking about a college kid who made up an imaginary girlfriend and giving it damn near the same amount of attention of the situation that happened in Happy Valley.." shyt is done on every college campus across the country but THIS is NEWS?? i'm tired of this story now...starting to feel only reason it's as big as it is is because the media is pissed they got played on this

Did you actually read the original article from deadspin on Manti Te'o and all the various details? From your comments it's apparent you probably haven't. I agree the media outlets and journalists may have an axe to grind, because they were duped.

However, it's just not that Te'o may have embellished about a fake girlfriend why this story is getting so much coverage. Manti Te'o claimed his girlfriend had leukemia while giving public/private motivational speeches and corresponding with other leukemia patients about her plight making it look like his girlfriend's sickness and death was his motivation to succeed is what has many people pissed.

Te'o eases grieving parents' pain - Greg Couch - Fox Sports on MSN Canada

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is a great story... with tiger/oj it sucked cause u liked em and there was real life pain... Here is just an insane awful person...Wonder what dikk Vitale/Digger Phelps have to say

I dont know why he doesnt come out and become at the very least a hero to gay folks... When he fails in the nfl he could at least hook up with a Tyler Perry/Eltpn John type... Also there is a lot of inbreeding with Samoans so he could just be insane